Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

General Alden's Application [Declined - Charybdis]

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username? General_Alden
(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)

2. How old are you? 18
(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)

3. What country are you from? United States
(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet? Yes.
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming? Metagaming is the use of OOC conversations to gain an unfair advantage in a IC action. Powergaming is giving a character an unfair advantage during RP situations ex: using anti fire, sword, magic, and rock proof Armour.
(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server? Definitely not.
(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)

7. Name one of our current Mentors. Charybdis
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can see a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Code of Conduct!' [x].)

8. Tell us about yourself! I am a novice artist with no schooling. I have 2 dogs, a cat, and a bird. I spend my free time listening to old jazz music or music from musicals. I have a very part time job as a IT. I go to high school currently until a week break in October. I am generally (pun) not a interesting person in real life.
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)

9. Do you have any examples of your work? Not particularly I dabble in art from time to time. I made my own skin which isn't a feat but it’s something.
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server? I found the server through a server list website.
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name: General Alden
(Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)

Character Age: 54
(Simple enough!)

Character Race: Human
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)

Appearance: The character wears a worn long blue overcoat with off white cuffs and a black leather shoulder strap, has short brown hair and hazel eyes, and has a light skin tone(Caucasian)
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!) General Alden was a high ranking official in a kingdom off the main continent until the kingdom was overtaken by the people during a revolution. General Alden escaped the area before the keep was captured, he feels regret and dishonor by deserting at a crucial moment. General Alden was smuggled onto the main continent by a supply ship. He lost his rank and wants to regain power by constructing a new kingdom. It will not be easy due to him being poor with only the cloths on his back and a few coins. General Alden is strong and capable of the feat. the general had a wife and a child that were killed by the revolutionaries General Alden is saddened by the deaths but is too weak to enact revenge so he will only mourn. General Alden is always looking for thrown out food because he cannot afford the food necessary to regain his physical strength during the boat ride. General Alden was raised in a noble family: the family was very wealthy but General Alden felt that they could use their wealth to help the community his parents declined this request and continued to live lavishly. Later in his life when he was 37 he was appointed General by the ruling monarch this was a great honor to Alden the General lead many armies into battle with his remarkable skills in war tactics however these skills were lost to him due to starvation on the 16 year trip to Altera. The General had a dog companion in his 20’s the dog was shipped to the island so the dog was fairly old already being an astounding 12 years old. General Alden kept the dog with him everywhere he went. The dog unfortunately passed when Alden was 35 The General hosted a lavish party to mourn the companions passing. In his late 30’s he was a very rich man and as his parents did before him he did not use his wealth for the community the wealth was stored in the treasury until the treasurer started to embezzle money from the papers after a short while the general was left with only $100 left the treasurer was never found and the general had to sell his old estate to be able to survive. The general ordered construction of a new shelter for the economically struggling peasants the construction was too late however and the people started a revolt on the monarch. This is the story of General Alden he later docks on the shore of Alters with only the clothes on his back and a few coins.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hi, thanks for applying. You're on the right track, but I'd like to touch on a few things that I would like to see improved on your application before we move forward.

• Power-gaming Definition: Please take another look at our Roleplay Guide, as your definition is missing a few important points.
  • Written Test: We ask for most cliches to be avoided in your backstory as we would like to see what you are able to come up with on your own to demonstrate roleplaying ability. I've noticed multiple uses of cliches and tropes including a massive fall from grace from being a very important person, a murdered family, and dead dog.
  • Backstory:
    • Your character cannot begin as a brilliant tactician, as we would like skills and knowledge to primarily be earned in-character as you play on Hollowworld. This makes it more fair and enjoyable for everyone, and allows for room for your character to grow and develop.
    • Additionally, your character's origin kingdom is not one that is within our lore as it is unnamed and of your own creation. Please take a look at our cities and factions if you would like to incorporate such into your character's backstory, or ask one of our mentors to assist you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact myself or another mentor. Please reply to this thread when you would like me to have another look at your application. Thanks!

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
I will be declining your application due to one week of inactivity. Feel free to reapply when you are ready, but please take my advice into account if you would like to submit another application. Thanks.