Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Gerard McIvy - Magus

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good

(Link to profile!)

"I feel ye, I genuinely do"

[Theme]​

Current Rank/Proficiency
Eviscism:
N/A
Formistry: N/A
Cogimency: N/A
Animancy: Magus
Overall Rank: Magus
Spell Points: 350

Active Student: Yes
Active Teacher: Yes
Prior Teacher(s): Evelyn Veileth
Teacher(s): Elizabeth Kane:heart: Forever
Protege(s)(Current rank):
  • Laisa (Journeyman)
  • Yrdl (Apprentice)
  • Lilith (Adept)
  • Sigmund (Journeyman)
  • Atrus (Apprentice)
  • Kitrana (Journeyman)
Knack(s):
Overenthusiastic Empathy:
Whenever the bearer of this knack casts an Induction, they must roll against the same DC as their target or suffer the same effect.
Note: Due to this knack, the bearer has a more difficult time discerning their own emotions from another's. (+2 to the DC)

Sustained Effects:
Passive: Anima Empathy:
The bearer of this passive effect senses the state of the souls surrounding them (in a 15-foot radius). This results in them passively reading their emotions and feelings. New Animancers, like Gerry, struggle with discerning these emotions from their own. (Dc 10 (+2 due to Overenthusiastic Empathy))
Affinity: Empath: Resonant with the nuance of living souls, the Empath finds navigating emotion and affecting living mortals to be easier.
Note: This affinity doesn't clash with the knack. The bearer of both of these simply finds their empowered infusions often affecting themselves as well.

Current Magical Status:
... Help me ...

The Magician's Log

Humble beginnings

Gerry is sparked on top of Eastwatch's keep and survives due to his love of food.
Gerry has his first experience reading someone else's emotions; Amusing.
Gerry gets off to a 'great' start with Evelyn and receives the mark of the Animancer.
Gerry meets up with some of his friends and slowly begins to realize why certain Animancers avoid crowds.
Gerry ends up in a crowd anyway and, much like a hormonal teenager, has massive mood swings. This results in a panic attack.
Gerry learned about his state of Halflife! 3 Inductions were cast as he learns that spell.
Gerry plays music in the tavern and induces pure joy into his listeners!
Gerry fights a Wendigo and gives the hesitant ones a nudge of courage.
Gerry has a moral dilemma about using inductions and talks with Elizabeth about his feelings and fears.
With an 'air' of insinuation, Gerry learns how to create his first malaprop!
Gerry figures out how powerful elementals can truly be and knows he must become stronger to do anything of note.
Gerry, to impress his teacher, figures out how to bind fire elementals on his own.
Gerry receives a letter of dismissal from his teacher, Elizabeth. He is referred to Evelyn instead.
After warily approaching his new sadistic teacher, Gerry is reluctantly taught how to ward himself.
With a new warding prowess, Gerry turns his attention to the seas. A water ward is made.
After finding himself in a dark room with a blonde woman, Gerry learns how to make columns rise with a jerk of jerky.
Gerry is given his first practical 'lesson' by being locked in a cave with a torch that only burns for another hour. He escapes in ten minutes through clever use of stone malaprops.
After learning about stone malaprops, Gerry finds a use for them: He opts to give Lisbet two of them to help save Sigmar. A sign of goodwill.
Gerry attempts to make an air ward.
Gerry's communications with a massive stone elemental result in him losing faith in mortals.
Gerry makes a shadow malaprop in the darkness of his Queensport home
Gerry uses his Animancy to aid himself in winning the Sanardu bardic contest.
Gerry makes a mess of the Smoke's trial tavern and tests his malaprops.
Evelyn teaches Gerry how to make his air ward better and finds... Himself a bit stronger and better in his craft!

A journey from boy to man
Gerry finds his old teacher in Elizabeth
Gerry figures out how to add some flair to his spells
Gerry is taught how to induce in jars and also how to turn up the volume!
Gerry is curious about flutes
Gerry wrestles in the mud with Elizabeth. He loses.
Gerry bolts and Embers.
Gerry lays a trap card on a mountain.
CURSE IT ALL!

Adepthood
Gerry steps into the flames of a new step of a journey
Gerry teaches Laisa some flair and flame
Gerry learns about Klaxons, Stone Wards, Convocations, and permanently Locks Elizabeth's front door.
Water and fire do not go well together... Or do they?
What words lay on the pages of the book of shadows? What darkness now seeps through my veins?
... What is happening ...

A shadow unchained
... I am alone ...
...Or maybe...
Not
WINGS AND LIGHTNING
Kin
Am I good enough?

This mage is played on ShackShadowArm

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Eeeeyyy dope man! I still have no idea how to get sparked. Do you go up to a mage in RP and go like; "Hey can you make me do magic?"

Jeroxia

Good
Eeeeyyy dope man! I still have no idea how to get sparked. Do you go up to a mage in RP and go like; "Hey can you make me do magic?"
You RP with people and if the mage likes your character and is looking for an apprentice, they'll hit you up on a Sunday morning before you had coffee.

Idk- that's just what happened for me.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
You RP with people and if the mage likes your character and is looking for an apprentice, they'll hit you up on a Sunday morning before you had coffee.

Idk- that's just what happened for me.
What I'd really like, is to do power-runes. But I don't know if that is a type of magic in the lore?
I'd love to just carve runes in stones, imbue them with some kind of power, and then break the runes when I need the enchantment/spell. I could have a whole pouch or sack full of runes and I wouldn't need a wand or staff. A super natural nature-spirit kind of way to do magic, that requires a focused mind on times of imbuing the runes. Something that could make a home become super enchanted with all sorts of natural spells. Does that exist?

Jeroxia

Good
What I'd really like, is to do power-runes. But I don't know if that is a type of magic in the lore?
I'd love to just carve runes in stones, imbue them with some kind of power, and then break the runes when I need the enchantment/spell. I could have a whole pouch or sack full of runes and I wouldn't need a wand or staff. A super natural nature-spirit kind of way to do magic, that requires a focused mind on times of imbuing the runes. Something that could make a home become super enchanted with all sorts of natural spells. Does that exist?
Not literally that, but I- BELIEVE animancy is similar to that. Idk for sure though.
Lannis NIAH ? It is, right? Enchant stuff, and resupply.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Animancy is indeed the closest to that.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Oh dope! Where can I find an Animancy teacher? :) I'm gonna read the magic lore of Animancy again straight away, color me interested.
EDIT: I've read it. It's very very very cool. wards and charms. Amazing!

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Oh dope! Where can I find an Animancy teacher? :) I'm gonna read the magic lore of Animancy again straight away, color me interested.
EDIT: I've read it. It's very very very cool. wards and charms. Amazing!
You just have to RP with folks and find out about animancers IC and where to find them, etc.

Jeroxia

Good
Enough things have changed that I think I'll put updated here.
  • Lost teacher.
  • Self-taught spell: Fire malaprop
  • Alone and afraid
  • Just general updates.

Jeroxia

Good

Son of man look to the sky, lift your spirits...

A journey from boy to Journeyman! We did it!