Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active [Giveaway!] 3 Years at Hollow World?! zOMG! Free Skins!

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Hear ye~ Hear ye~!
Let it be known that today, the second of June the year of our lord two thousand sixteen, is the day that I reached 3 years at Hollow World!
I've had a lot of fun times here (and sad times too). I've seen lots of people come and go...
So what does this have to do with you? Well let me tell you!

Starting today I will hold a skin giveaway! That's right, skins for your viewing pleasure!
There is a catch though, in order to be eligible for a free skin I require a story!
This story should be roughly 1 paragraph long, and can cover any sort of topic or subject you desire. (Keep it classy, Hollow World)

Important Notes: I might not make skins in the order they are requested, or I might not even be able to fulfill a request - If I won't fulfill a request I'll make a note of it. (Don't feel bad though!)

Please find the skin request format below...

Minecraft Name:
Link to Character Profile or Name, Age, Gender, Hair Color, Eye Color, Skin Color:
Details of desired skin, please attach any relevant artwork:
Alex or Steve:
Other Notes:
Short Story:

Aragion 06-02-2016

Gregor 06-04-2016

Last edited:

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Minecraft Name: Caedit

Link to Character Profile or Name, Age, Gender, Hair Color, Eye Color, Skin Color: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/aragion.34767/

Details of desired skin, please attach any relevant artwork: I'd like it to be based on [this] image, Teal eye color, grey wolf fur coat, and a dark green shirt underneath with a complementary pants color.

Alex or Steve: Alex

Other Notes: We've met in RP! Hi.

Short Story:
Here's a quick one, sorry if it sucks:

There was once a proud and brave knight whom lived within a church, where he had been raised and taught to put god and the church above all. He defended them with valor, his unwavering faith in the church driving him. One day, he was sent off by the church for a vital mission in the name of god. He was to descend into the slums, a place of rot and decay, and slay a demon that lived beneath it. As he entered, it soon became clear that these slums were enormous, rivaling the largest of catacombs, and was filled with naught but filth. As he descended, he found the demon's minions, disgusting, misshapen humanoid forms which surrounded him. His resolve did not waver however, as he cried the name of his god, he destroyed those in his way, one by one. He descended deeper, finding the ruins of homes of old, destroyed, ravaged, and now occupied by the monstrosities he killed. With his heart filling with rage, he continued to slaughter his way through the that which had unnerved him. But, when he had reached the bottom of the slums, he found not a demon to slay, but a man of medicine, standing next to one of the fallen monsters he had struck down. As he approached, the man spoke with bitter hatred, breaking down in rage and sorrow, as he bemoaned their abandonment, before taking his own life. The knight was lost, he did not know what to make of these words, until he approached one of the misshapen figures he had slain, to find that what he had perceived as a monster, had a human face.

The knight was never seen or heard from again, only tales of his bravery remained, as told by the church built in place of the slums.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Minecraft Name: Raykaystar or AgentDaisy5
Link to Character Profile or Name, Age, Gender, Hair Color, Eye Color, Skin Color: In my signature! Its Sycamore btw :heart:
So I was thinking something similar to this but in green and with less drapey fabric on the bottom. I want her caparii legs to show! :D
Alex or Steve: Alex please :heart:
Other Notes: I added her old skin and an emptier one so you can edit it or just make a new one like it :heart: You choose!
Short Story:
This is back when she was young :D Sorry if it sucks. But if you need a current story lemme know! :p I have a habit of messing stuff up.

Sunlight poured through her window in the attic. She pulled her hand above her eyes to block the light that woke her. She sat up, rubbing her eyes as she adjusted. This would have been a beautiful morning, had she not have been living here. Every day was a nightmare here. She could already hear her "siblings complaining about their breakfast. And soon they would complain about their toys, their clothes, their... whatever they were doing that moment they had something to complain about. She got up out of her bed and trotted down the stairs, waiting for the flood of insults she would get for sleeping too late. "Look who decided to wake up! Stupid goat! You lazy beast! You sleep as long as that, you'll never make it anywhere in this world!" Her adopted "mother" called to her. Sycamores horn was yanked and she was pulled toward the yelling woman. "Now, go get us some water from the well, NOW!"

Attachments

Last edited:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
First of all GRATZ ON 3 YEARS! No seriously, good on you, that can't be easy. I personally flitted through a bunch of different rp servers before getting to this one, not sure if i'll make it to a year or two, but I'll certainly try!

Minecraft Name: TechnoAnarchy
Link to Character Profile or Name, Age, Gender, Hair Color, Eye Color, Skin Color: Gregor Beledrent
6099546d4f0ed94fcae22fc92b9cb2fe.jpg
Alex or Steve: Alex
Other Notes: no weapons, just a white garbed cloakey thing :p
Short Story:

There were many people gathered in the swamp town that day, they had all gathered after hearing the news of how their steelsmith, a man who had become close with the ruling family and had been one of the first few residents after its transfer of ownership, had died. Many wept, a few simply watched, and one, a Moor Elf many recognized to be the first apprentice to complete their studies under him, simply rested a hammer on his corpse. He was lying on top of a pyre, as he had stated he'd wanted so during many times of his life, and looked completely calm, a smile on his face as wrinkles permeated his skin. His hair was a dull gray, reminiscent of worn steel, and was thin. One man watched from the back, his clothing not common to the area, being white and more covering than the usual swamp garb, but didn't seem to care. The Moor looked over at the strange man and smiled sadly, walking over to him.
"He never stopped talking about you..." The man spoke in a sad tone as she approached, causing her smile to fade. "Never did a day go by when he wasn't telling me about what his apprentice made, or how you learned something so quickly, or how he would have to stop an order just to think of new jobs to give you... But I'm guessing he didn't talk about me much while working hmm?" The Moor winced and turned towards the corpse that was once Roy Beledrent, the pyre beneath being prepared for cremation.
"No... he didn't talk much about you, but whenever you were brought up, he'd look sad... He did miss you, yaknow... Don't hold it against him Gregor." The man, Gregor, sighed as he pulled his hood and facewrap down, revealing his features as he gave her a smile in return.
"I never did, not once in my life did I ever resent him, he wasn't the best father, but I know that he recognized it... he came home drunk one day, was the anniversary he got the letter from Mom... he saw me and immediately burst into tears, kept saying how sorry he was for never really being there... he also apologized for getting drunk on the day I came into his life." Gregor stood up straight, giving a bigger smile to the flames that grew underneath his father's body. "He never got drunk on that day again, no matter what... so people can say that he was a bad father, they can see he wasn't around much... but i'll be damned to let anyone within earshot say he didn't care."

A tin can

Lord of Altera
Minecraft Name: Synderbite
Link to Character Profile or Name, Age, Gender, Hair Color, Eye Color, Skin Color: Here y'are!

Alex or Steve: Steeeeeve.
Other Notes: Pecs. I'm not saying that Xander has glorious pecs, but they're there B). Also, happy three years!
Short Story:

ALRIGHT, SO I KNOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SHORT STORY AND ALL, BUT I GOT CARRIED AWAY. PLEASE DON'T BE MAD AND HAVE A COOKIE. </3

Sit, my dear child.
Have I ever told you the story of the travelling journeyman?
A story passed from a dear, dear friend of mine...
From his father to him, and from him to me.
Might be a bit off, but it went something.. like.. this..
There had once been a travelling journeyman. A man like most, he had a family who loved him. A pet turtle. A little brother, and an older sister. His mother and father worked hard at their farm, and the mother would sew dresses and clothing to fit them. As the journeyman grew, his curiosity joined him. What was out there in life, other than farming and sewing? Was there anything truly beyond his village? One that he questioned more than those...
What is the meaning of life? What does one live for?
Now, that question, dear reader, is what truly gave him the title of 'The Travelling Journeyman', for it had been his first. And it began on that very day, where the question of his became too much to bare pondering.
So, he'd pack his bag and satchel, eat his mother's home-cooked meal, hug is family and friends, and finally head off on his mule.
As he trekked farther into the woods, snow would soon settle around him. Flakes beginning to gently flutter to the ground, it felt as if all around him became... quieter.

A wolf would race- or, as one could barely tell difference, glide toward the mule. It would neigh a moment, frightened, before calming down as the wolf seemed to slow, coming to a simple seat in front of the traveler.
Right now might be a good time to tell you that animals can talk in this story. Well, some. Gah, it's a metaphor, child.
The journeyman, oblivious to the danger, would lean down to tilt his head at the wolf.

"Pardon me, dear friend! Might I ask you a question?"
The wolf would keep from attacking the man, more or less confused.
"Hm... What."

"What is the meaning of life, mister?"
The wolf would let out what seemed to be a chuckle, before guiding the mule and man to follow it. The three would arrive to a plain, nothing in sight but snow for several miles.. And a deer.
The wolf would take its time, before eventually striking for the deer as it would near their small patch of high grass. A quick bite to the base of its neck, it would fall. After a bit of absentminded gobbling from the wolf, it would look up to answer the still-confused journeyman.
"It's simple, 'dear friend'. The meaning of life is to eat, or be eaten. To fight, or lose."

Now, our journeyman wasn't going to accept such absolute crap. So, he'd thank the wolf, and continue off on his mule. As he left the snowy forest, he could see a new, stranger village upon the horizon. Deciding he needed a place to stay, he'd choose the local bar. Entering the tavern once he'd stable his mule, he searched for a seat- and, with the crowded floor, ended up having to share one with a man dressed in flamboyantly loose clothing, a face clumsily shaven. He held a golden gauntlet, rich with jewels, along with a crown lazily strum upon his head. Patting the journeyman's shoulder as he sat, he'd chuckle quite drunkenly. The journeyman had to take a moment, biting his cheek, before blurting out.
"U-uhm, friend! What is the meaning of life?"
The man laugh, head lolling back before coming up giddy. Tilting his head, he'd give a high-pitched whistle, and with such several lads and lasses from the bar's counter made their way over to their booth, smirking and gossiping. The man would motion one forth, before planting a kiss upon their forehead- to which would stir a giggle from the bunch.
"Oh, my poor boy! The meaning of life? It's to love! To hate! To feel! To experience everything you can before losing it!"
Somewhat better than his first answer, the journeyman gave a nod- and another thank you, before standing and squeezing his way out from between the clad-lacking men and women.

The man once more headed off, continuing to ask everyone he could meet for several months, searching and searching... He'd end up headed along the side of a canyon nearly a year into his journey, depression striking.. Could he not find the true reason? Or had he already found it, and not been satisfied?
Tying his mule down, he'd walk to the side of the canyon, feel the breeze to his sides, under him... His foot would inch towards the edge, just an inch. Before a voice would echo from the canyon, somehow radiating from him instead of to him. A simple giggle. The journeyman, seeing no snarkier way to fall, would decide to go out with the one question that had begun to consume his life. "Miss... Person, thingy. What, oh, what is the meaning of life?"
At that point, the unknown laughter would fade, settling into the voice of what could be assumed a child.

"Dear, it's simple. The meaning of life- yours and all, is to live it how you deem fit. While all have prayed and prayed to me, with this very question, it had always been so clear if they'd simply stood to search /around/ them, not away from. Now, love, I have a question of my own. My dear, what is it you deem fit for you life?"
And so, the voice would fade as abruptly as it had arrived- leaving the journeyman confused.
And so, he had found his reason. His meaning of life.
For right over that canyon, he saw...

There had once been a travelling journeywoman. A girl like most, she had a family who loved her. A pet lizard. A cousin, and an older brother. Her father worked hard at their workshop, and the mother would blow glass and create jewelry. As the journeywoman grew, her curiosity joined her. What was out there in life, other than glass and woodworking? Was there anything truly beyond her manor? One that he questioned more than those...
What is the meaning of life? What does one live for?
Now, that question, my dear, dear reader, is what truly gave her the title of 'The Travelling Journeywoman', for it had been her first. And it began on that very day, where the question of her became too much to bare pondering.
So, she'd pack her backpack and coinpurse, ate her father's freshly bought dinner, hugged her family and friends, and finally headed off...

...Searching for her meaning of life.

Last edited:

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera
Minecraft Name: alduindie

Link to Character Profile:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/alustrum-godfrey.34894/#post-627786

Details of desired skin, please attach any relevant artwork (But for a :
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1c/03/08/1c0308de0d38dd0b6b613e0b8a1476d5.jpg

Alex or Steve: Steve

Other Notes: If possible, could you make the green more of a darker forest green? :heart:

Short Story:
Thump goes the heavy leather boots, causing the floorboards under him to creek. His tall, composed demeanor pointing himself out form the rest. Simple clothing, a gambeson, and yet a full helm rested upon his head. None of the townsfolk have ever seen him without his full helm on. If he eats and drinks, he does so out side of the sight of others. For no one knows the face of Ser Guarin. He goes here, he goes there, few know of the toils of Ser Guarin. Though something today has halted the good Ser from his usual toils. A little girl stood in his path. She cowered in fear of the tall clad man standing before her. Now, what happened next shocked the entire townsfolk. Guarin knelt down in front of the little girl before presenting a flower from one of his belt pouches. He offers it to the whimpering little girl before patting her lightly on the head and continuing on his way. Thus began the tale of Ser Guarin the Polite.

The tales that follow are one of surprise. The normally gruff and mercenary-like Ser Guarin upheld a high sense of justice, kindness, and charity. Upon receiving payment from any work he had done, an unknown donation would be made to any cause within the small village. Highwaymen activities halted and slowly Guarin was praised as a hero by all the townsfolk. A celebration was to be had to commend Ser Guarin for his noble efforts to uphold peace within the village. The townsfolk waited and waited, until nightfall has long arrived. For what the townsfolk did not know, is that the good knight, had departed their little village in search of another in need of the humble toils of the good Ser Guarin the Polite.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Minecraft Name: Njeri_Neleri
Link to Character Profile or Name, Age, Gender, Hair Color, Eye Color, Skin Color: Jack Blackwater. 21. Silver Elven. Dirty black. Dark blue with silver flecks. PAle.
Details of desired skin, please attach any relevant artwork: None.
Alex or Steve: Steve.
Other Notes: He's muscular, pale
Short Story: . . It was a foggy couple of days, always rained in the mornings in Thiil. The water fall was beautifully rising as Jack walked to his bakery, opening his door and smell the still baking baguettes. He sighs softly before retrieving a tray, quickly sliding two new, four foot long baguettes onto it. He went to his twin bags, put on his leather gloves, and sheathed his two baguettes. He moves over to retrieve a kitchen knife, and a basket of bread.

He moves out the door, inhaling the fresh bakery air as he enters the muggy air of Thiil. A woman passes by and he lightly, softly compliments her beautiful hair. Moving along, he pulled out a small loaf of still-steaming bread to a child and continued on his way to the Crossroads. It is night time, Jack arrives to the door, offering men and women, adventurers and knights some bread. He walked along to the docks, going to trade bread in Tambry through the Quays, and saw two men violently bickering, and a armored man wielding a heavy, long greatsword. He ran toward it, and haulted in the middle. " .. Hey, /stop/ it, Now! " He called out. Before looking at the greatswords thrust, and he ran toward it, brutally impaling himself in the brutal blade. Burying himself deep. { . . Gods.. urgh..ah... Crusade.. /help/ me! } And he continued burying himself deep until he thrusted his knife toward Sif's stomach, ultimately failing as half of the blade is left away inside of Jack, and he fell on the sword.

The Heretic laughed in his eyes, and Jack looked at him from the ground, blood spewing out of his mouth and stomach. " . . Burn in hell. " And he slashed the dagger. This was his last right.

Catena

Lord of Altera
Hero
Catena
Catena
Hero
Minecraft Name: Catena
Link to Character Profile: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/aestra-olp-quot-kol.36554/
Could make a dress like this for my character (which is attached below)?

Alex or Steve: Alex, please :heart:
Other Notes: None.
Short Story:
(didn't really turn out as I planned it but meh)

What is true happiness?

Is it the stars, dancing and leaping under the wise watch of the moon? Their sweeps of stardust brushing against the pitch black sky like strokes of paint. Is it the way they sway, and sometimes trip over themselves, tumbling to the ground? Falling, falling and falling some more. In their wake, leaving a trail of ferocity - so different than the gentle waltz it was previously doing. Is it the way it crashes to the earth, leaving a crater of hopelessness and fear, because it finally realizes that it is now unable to reach it's brethren?

No, that is not it.

Is it the sweet laughter of a baby, who's hands search the empty air, looking for its mother. His little face scrunched in joy as its eyes opened ever so slightly, just so see the room around it. Is it how the baby is silenced when it realizes that it is alone, sitting on the cool doorstep of a place it does not recognize, of the brisk air that is now caressing its once happy face? Or, perhaps, it is the way warm tears now began rolling down its cheeks when it notices that it is alone, and may only be saved if the woman who was now stomping down the stairs inside this house was just as warm as the fireplace that gave off a slight glow of light from under the front door.

I don't believe that is it, either.

I don't believe that true happiness is something that can be easily named. "True", only means something that is accurate, or correct. But what is correct in your mind, may not be in mine. Perhaps true happiness for you is the idea that the woman who may find the baby is a woman who shined like shooting stars, who had a significant other with an equal amount of love and friendliness radiating off them that could light up the night. Perhaps your idea of true happiness is the hope that the fallen star has been seen by hundreds when it fell - that it stood out from its brethren and that its fiery dance was enough to brighten the lives of many people - even just for a moment.

Or, perhaps, it is none of those things, either.

Attachments

Pandora12Q

Lord of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pan_12Q
Pan_12Q
Legend
Minecraft Name: Joe_12Q
Link to Character Profile or Name, Age, Gender, Hair Color, Eye Color, Skin Color: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/ava-grey-char-profile.36786/page-2#post-628275
Details of desired skin, please attach any relevant artwork: Put her in rags pls
Alex or Steve: Steve cos she buff
Other Notes: (I will send you the scared up base)
Short Story: There once was a man from Peru, who dream't he was eating a shoe, he woke up one night, to a terrible fight, to find that his dream had come true.

Auxilius

Lord of Altera
Minecraft Name: Aldervon
Link to Character Profile or Name, Age, Gender, Hair Color, Eye Color, Skin Color: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/merek-isolde.37272/
Details of desired skin, please attach any relevant artwork: Pretty happy with my skin so far, would only like different suits/a mask perhaps? =3
Alex or Steve: Idk, Steve?
Other Notes: Could you do the outfits with and without the mask, I can't edit a skin to save my life.
Short Story: She faces upwards, running in the air. She shouts at something that isn't even there. Woof woof, off she goes chasing a hare. The sight itself isn't rare. For you see - that is my dog.