• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

god of music

matyio

The original mute
I've been sat here, and thinking of other servers I've been on and other gods that I've known. and when my thoughts came to altera I was left wondering, why don't we have a god of music? Not necessarily solely for music, maybe for performing arts, heck it could be added into one of the already existing gods. Its just music, songs, dance, theatre and the like would have been major things in the medieval times, and, though I admit to having very little knowledge on the actual matter, it seems sensible that we could at least nod to that.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Can we? Yeah. There's nothing stopping us from messing with the pantheon.

But there needs to be a lot of Steam and work going into anything new.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Yes there can be one, but asking for one to be made won't get any traction. There needs to be significant work on your part to get the ball rolling.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Retired Council Member
The current God's only have like . . . 2 lines of lore, if that. >.>

Don't remind me >:I

Unfortunately, for all the other backmatter, stuff is all messed about. The good news is, I have a deadline and a set date for all the priest/priestess/backmatter to be released and its in this month~!

Just you wait. You'll see god stuff soon- real soon. Its been hinted with in the Newsletter for a month now :p

Alexandregd

Legend of Altera
Pfff new god? Simpler solution, Jax! Just add a bit more to him :D
edit: By my understanding to add a new good, there would actually need to happend many things in-game, alot more then to simply make more into a god.

matyio

The original mute
So essentially, first I should wait for the god lore to be bulked out a bit so I have some material to work with to make sure anything I write fits, then I should give up because I couldn't get any event rolling in game.

Alexandregd

Legend of Altera
So essentially, first I should wait for the god lore to be bulked out a bit so I have some material to work with to make sure anything I write fits, then I should give up because I couldn't get any event rolling in game.
Correction, not any event, a Huge Event.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The point of the matter is, there needs to be a substantial wanting/demand of a new divine both OOCly and, more notably, ICly and in-game.

To not go into specifics - there needs to be a group of people that really want a new deity, and then they have to support that with in-game activity to cement the demand for it.

The entire forums could say - "Oh yeah, this sounds like a good idea" and it wouldn't really be enough - people have to demonstrate it in-game moreso than out-of-character.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Retired Council Member
Matyio, the excessive negativity in this thread is exactly what you promised to keep from HollowWorld on your unban. With the best of intentions, I'd like to direct you to professional help if you have a problem - While the question its self is sound, your attitude isn't something I can tolerate back onto the server.

Best wishes.

matyio

The original mute
Matyio, the excessive negativity in this thread is exactly what you promised to keep from HollowWorld on your unban. With the best of intentions, I'd like to direct you to professional help if you have a problem - While the question its self is sound, your attitude isn't something I can tolerate back onto the server.

Best wishes.
Yeah I realised several hours after sorry. I didn't mean to say it so negatively I meant I'm not confident enough to set up events and I doubt I ever will be. Anyway what about adding it as a subcategory of another god like bilworth or jax? Would that be possible and not require the huge alteration? If not then I'll just abandon the idea.

roopot

The Great Leper
Staff member
@Naelwyn
SILLY ROO IDEA:

Add music to Sallana's list of things? Music is all about love, celebration or remembering things. If you think about it music and poetry are very human ways of explaining love.

(unless we can figure out how to Altera-ise The Muses)