Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Good news everyone!

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff

So, as most of you are aware, our server survival is dependent on generous donations from the player base, which are solely used to pay hosting costs.

Antilogy spoke to me last night about ideas for cutting server costs and we did a bit of digging. To cut a long story short, we've ended up getting our current host to cut our costs while keeping our current configuration (so we don't have to go through the pain of server migration) - we're going from $237/month to $128/month, which is a pretty massive saving of 46%.

I'd like to thank everyone that has or plans on donating - your contributions keep the community afloat. This should definitely take a bit of pressure off for upkeep, and make it easier to keep the server running in the years to come.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
That's a yearly savings of 1308. That is pretty legit, good work readji and Antilogy.

Last edited:

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Can we spend the savings on pizza?

-K9

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I was legit wondering why the hosting was so darn pricey. Nice.

Edit 1: Legit was coming in at a similar price to my work dev station google compute engine/big data cruncher VM

Last edited:

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
LOOK AT ALL THOSE CHICKENS

-K9