Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Gucci_Eyelids' Application [Approved - Paint]

Gucci_Eyelids

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Gucci_Eyelids

2. How old are you?
I'm 22 years of age

3. What country are you from?
The United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I sure have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming to me is best described as the utilization of information IC that your character wouldn't be privy to, or that the player gathered through OOC means. Powergaming is the act of declaring an action (through emotes) that doesn't allow for response, or literally takes control of another player's character without their permission.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Negative, no tolerance.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Paint

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm Matt, and I'm a big fan of literature in general and write in my spare time, but my favorite genres would have to be Sci-Fi and High Fantasy. I'm a little generic in the sense that I listen to music of all types, but my Recommended Spotify playlists typically fill my ears with bands like Modern Baseball, Panic! At the Disco, and Glass Animals to name a few. I love to exercise, and when I'm not doing labor in a warehouse or playing games, I'm usually doing something to keep myself in shape. I'm easy-going, love my friends, and really love to RP (the bulk of which is done on WoW or in TTGs), but I also have a huge soft spot for FPS games like PUBG. I also like long walks on the beach, and having drunk-binges where I watch FMA: Brotherhood and My Hero Academia on Crunchyroll.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do, but it's not on my new computer. I still need to move the files over, so I can't post any of it at this time.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Dominator046 posted the forums in our Discord, and we all sort of migrated over as a group.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Ishmael "Godseye" Agares

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Ishmael was tall but well-built, bearing deep set eyes that were colored a caramel hue and tanned skin, most of which was peppered with tufts of shaggy black hair. The roundness of his face was masked with an unkempt beard. Save for the burn mark on the right side of his face, the man looked pretty plain, perhaps even homely.

Written Test!

"Home isn't where you're born in this world."

A journey that seemed to last last a thousand miles laid out before Ishmael's gaze as he crested the dust-caked plateau that had just hindered his view of the horizon. The golden land before him went on as far as he could bear to see, disappearing only due to the curvature of the earth beneath his feet. Desolation ran abound, nothing but rolling dunes that glimmered under the light of the sun that shone so brightly overhead.

The heat was beginning to wear on him, but not enough to halt his ceaseless march across barren sands, steppes, and mesas towards his inevitable destination: a sleek, black tower that pierced the land and looked to climb all the way to Heaven and then beyond. The last leg of his trek was underway, though as he squinted his amber eyes, it was hard to judge distance or size; indeed, this might prove the death of him. And yet, he tightened his robes and kept moving, chasing that tower like a beast set on the scent of blood.

A harrowing gale rent the land asunder, churning a storm that threatened to blow the traveler off his feet if he didn't find shelter in the immediate. Indeed, the golden clouds that whipped to and fro behind the tower seemed beset at odds against Ishmael, so much so that he quickened his steps across the barren world, kicking up a storm of his own.

"Not much further," he reminded himself, his deep voice now dried out and cracked from lack of water and use. Trying to remember the last time he'd had any sustenance caused his mind of fold in on itself. "Has it been minutes, or days?" he asked, but knew it ultimately futile. He was alone atop this sundered land, and had only a burlap cloak to protect himself from the skin-flaying winds of the growing storm. The tower was his only goal, just as it always had been. The succor it promised would see him through.

The windows of the structure looked out towards absolute darkness, faltering for short moments as the golden sands that once reflected the sun now threatened to choke it out. And choke they did; Ishmael shambled across the portal and into the stark black room. His coughs reverberated around the glossy stone as he begged and pleaded for breath, and it was only when that wanderer got his bearings that his eyes ripped open and his ears were filled with the chirps of clicks of nocturnal wildlife.

A chill had begun to set, demanding that Ishmael pull his fur cloak tight as he regained his senses. At last, he remembered. Bathed in starlight was the stone and metal structure that granted him shelter when he needed it most. It was tall, and bore a quality of stone work and metallurgy made the wild man's understanding of both look like children's scrawl by comparison. It was the source of his mania, his enthralling dreams, and the reason his eyes saw the world in numbers and lines instead of simpler means. The ruin had pulled back the veil and showed him the geometry, mathematics, and order that dictated all structures made by man.

He had to replicate it, he knew he did, and as he rose to his feet to meet the dawn and late summer air, he saw the bay that separated him from the wild and untamed lands beyond. The people there had no shelter or defense against the beasts, elements, and violence abound. And so, he took it upon himself to build it: it was on this island that Ishmael Agares became Ishmael Godseye, the name of his father, but he knew that his life before this very moment meant very little.

EDIT: Changed his name from Issac to Ishmael mid-way and missed a few instances as a result

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Apologies for the wait-

I will be reviewing it right now.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello Gucci_Eyelids

I'd like to apologize again for the delay in review, I've been a wee bit busy and had forgotten to reply with my verdict. I'd also like to say that the Mentor Team is here to help and don't be afraid to point us- Especially in this case where I was at fault for forgetting. That being said, I'm absolutely amazed by your application, especially the written testing.

Congratulations!
I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.