Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Guhslov's Application [Accepted - Jase]

Guhslov

Legend of Altera
Guhse
Guhse
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Guhse

2. How old are you?
18, coming up on 19 a little too quick!

3. What country are you from?
USA.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes'm.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Using the information that you didn't obtain through the storyline to aid your character or expose a situation your character would have no knowledge of, i.e. hearing about a raid on a village in an OOC group chat, then proceeding to run to the village in character and alert everyone to this secret raid.

Powergaming: Also known as godmodding, this is giving your own character too much power or asserting your will on a character you have no control over, usually both at the same time. I.e., a fight wherein another character shoots an arrow at yours point blank, only for you to then say your character is invincible to arrows (as opposed to maybe dodging or just allowing the hit) and then proceeding to slice the attacker's head off in one fell swoop.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko.

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm just a multiethnic white kid of predominantly Italian and Russian descent, both languages I can actually speak to some proficiency. Love music, but I'm known by friends and coworkers for my taste in dad rock, i.e. Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, CCR, Bob Seger. A personal favorite and one that will always be a favorite is Queen. Love DnD and fantasy in general, but I can also always really get into a good apocalypse scheme.
I play ukulele, piano, and ocarina at varying levels of skill, but these days I mostly just write. Maybe one day I'll publish that book, eh? I've been in the roleplaying game for a little over eleven years now, going on twelve. I definitely still have a lot to learn and like to think I'm constantly improving, but roleplay is something that has been a part of me for the majority of my life regardless. I'm not too interesting, but I hope I kind of fit what y'all are looking for.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I wish. Computer took a bath a couple of years ago and I haven't been able to recover anything interesting.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Found this place on a Minecraft server list looking for a new roleplay server after the last one ... well, let's just say it wasn't very easy to get into, even after a month.

About Your Character!
Militsa Chedomir, the male-pretending girl who wants a quiet life of hard work and peace.

Character Name:
Militsa Chedomir.
  • Mila, Che.

Character Age:
Firmly 19.

Character Race:
Human.

Appearance:
Summarized Appearance
Roughly 5'6", a lithe estimate of 130lbs. Barely tanned skin with a peachy complexion, cornflower blue eyes with longer lashes, and short curly strawberry blonde hair. Dresses dark and likes to hide her face.

Descriptive Appearance
Though at one time distinctly feminine, Mila has become more androgynous in appearance with age. A sharp jaw and a hooked nose are her two most defining features, though her eyes - perhaps her nicest features - are a close second. Her lips are bottom-heavy and a little too pale, perhaps, but they tend to be covered by a scarf anyway. Curly hair is barely subdued under a hood at the best of times, and even worse without, seemingly aimless as the corkscrews spring however they like, even while wet. Though maybe not necessary, she prefers darker, more modest clothing, punctuated by a dark red scarf she often keeps slid up over the bottom half of her face.

Her body, whenever it's remotely visible, seems to suggest less combat expertise and more of a penchant for more general physical activity. Her legs suggest a lot of running,at least. She's clearly not built to be a fighter, but she isn't what you would call malnourished. One way or another, she keeps her figure up. She has to, really, being on the slightly taller side of things.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
oc complete.png
oc complete 3d.png

Written Test!

The more she thought about it, the less Mila could identify when everything started to go so wrong. She had always had a wanderlust, a desire to get out and see everything the world had to offer her, but now that she was in that world among other people with true wanderlust, she realized what she really wanted was as simple as an escape from where she came from.

To call her family a cult would be... well, it would be correct, probably, but it wasn't what they liked to be called. They were a Sect, which is really only a nicer way of saying the same thing. It is said that the Sect originally worshipped Sallana, as any family of devout followers might. Her ancestors always struggled to have children, so the stories went, so all of their love and time went toward the only deity which might be able to cure them of their plight, so that they may carry on their bloodline. And lo, a child was born. And another. And another.
But as is the risk with any human, they struggled with greed. They got sloppy, too drunk off the idea that they had been blessed by a patron god. Their worship became more intense, more widespread. It absorbed their lives over time until it was all that their children knew or thought or wanted. Then it became what it is - or, was. Which is, a completely bastardized and heretical variant of a perfectly viable practice.

They no longer worshipped Sallana, but rather a demented version of the arguably benevolent entity posing under the same name. It held no power over them, as it was a false and manufactured god, but they worshipped it so fervently that it consumed their whole lives. The message was no longer about love or peace or taking care of the more romantic side of life, but rather breeding as much as possible in order to create more of those who might go on to spread the good word of their patron Sallana.

It was this into this cult which reached no further into the world than the confines of her own family that Mila was born. From birth, she was praised, showered with love and affection, as a girl child meant another vessel for the holy seed which would continue their name and genetic line. Though despite how it may seem, inbreeding was never their game. Well... not primarily, anyway. As soon as a child turned of age to bear children, they were cast out to find a proper suitor, male or female depending on persuasion, and return to complete the ceremony.
The ceremony being a complete and total involvement of the family's elders in the process of these two people coming together as one to create a child.

Yes... that was probably it. Not a wanderlust at all, but rather a completely desperate attempt to pave a new life for herself, and escape the insanity of her family. She watched as sibling after sibling fell pregnant, lest they suffer the same fate the Defiers did, which was... a process shrouded in complete mystery. It's speculated they were simply cast out on their own. Perhaps killed, maybe worse, but the fact remained the same that they would be there one day and gone the next, and it would be as though nobody knew they ever existed in the first place.

Memories for another time, perhaps. Better to find a place to settle down, first.

As it is now, this does not necessarily need to be a factual recount of her past. I had a vague idea for what to write and just kind of winged it, so really my only hope was displaying how my writing (or at least, how my bountiful exposition) fares with all of you. I tried to keep within a theme and avoid too many controversial and unrealistic opinions, especially by reserving the 'cult' to just one insane family with really weird beliefs. But! If you guys don't like the story that much, or the character in general, I do have a backup idea that is just a very simple priestly character on a mission to properly understand the Pantheon, and identify the one 'true' god.
Lots of ideas, really. It's 1 in the morning and I've got the itch.
Thanks for taking the time to read my application! I'm really excited to see what this place is all about.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Need not to worry, I love what you wrote!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.