Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

H e r e s y

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
and then your soul gets fudged for eternity by animancers unless.. unless great igni synnovi protec. Lannis
I said it once, gonna say it again.

"We all die in the end anyway." or as Spirit put it once before.

"Do I give a shit? I've died so many times that it's all become pointless."

Magiik

Lord of Altera
For clarification, my character, Ater, is fairly forgiving of just about everyone. He's not fond of the inquisition's methods, and has and would happily associate with heretics, despite worshiping the Pantheon himself. When you dedicate your life to saving lives, it's hard to justify taking one.
He sees it more as a chance to pull those who are unsure or nonbelievers into the fold, introducing them in a kinder way to the Pantheon. Not exactly the historically-accurate fire and brimstone, but it fits the character a lot more.

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
I said it once, gonna say it again.

"We all die in the end anyway." or as Spirit put it once before.

"Do I give a shit? I've died so many times that it's all become pointless."
Because the Grey Lady is sitting on the other side of 'final death' like some kind of macabre Santa.

"Well, Heretic, haven't you been naughty."

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Nope all god worshiping folks gotta sail back once a year to the Grand Shrines. Divine Law is Divine Law. They didn't break our wards we did not their fault its ours.

Thus did the heretic inherit the Earth. ;)
this was posted a year ago, on a thread about divine law.. but...

you were right.

Tohm

Lord of Altera
>punishing Tohm for breaking divine law after he and his men were attacked 4 times by the same guy in the crossroads who was only punished 1/4 times
>killing Bronn's baby (although this was probably just because the mother rode that dragon god)
> "Punishing" a character by removing his mark of crusade, which if I remember correctly, actually helped him, not hindered.
Those are the RP reasons. OOCly, I still don't like the way the gods were portrayed and RPed because of those events.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Religion has always been my achilles heel.
It is just a difficult aspect for me to fully indulge in, sadly.

I try to do religious stuff cause I feel it is essential for the medieval setting, but I do not have the capability to dedicate myself as much as BoredBrit to it.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
WOOO RELIGION

i just find it is easy to fully submerge into something that i find fun and interesting

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
WOOO RELIGION

i just find it is easy to fully submerge into something that i find fun and interesting
Yeee, it is all about what picks our interest.

Now that I think about it, I am actually not sure what catches my interest... I might just have come to a realisation why I can not indulge in RP

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Religion has always been my achilles heel.
It is just a difficult aspect for me to fully indulge in, sadly.

I try to do religious stuff cause I feel it is essential for the medieval setting, but I do not have the capability to dedicate myself as much as BoredBrit to it.
Same, religion is hard for me to do in RP- just like in real life ayyy
(Jk, I'm actually Catholic...sort of)

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I made Asero a heretic because it really went with his personality. He doesn’t like to be told to do things he doesn’t want to do, he’s basically like “I am my own boss”. That, and he is more likely to believe in things he sees. Up until the whole lighting strike, all he had experienced was people talking /about/ the gods. However, now he does believe that the Pantheon exists, but he doesn’t worship any of the gods in it. He sees the gods as weak (seeing as he has been told they don’t show themselves because they lost power) and unnecessarily tortuous. (The whole “if Rahas is all about justice, why doesn’t he come done and smite all those who are evil?” “Why do the gods fight over who to worship, with Sallana commanding her worship and Ignis hers.” And “Why are the Gods more concerned with who we worship rather than what evil goes on?” They seem to him like little more than advanced Human children, fighting amongst themselves for who gets to play with the toys. The toys being Altera and its inhabitants.)