Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Help me make a Random Hallucination table

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
So- Im at one of those wonderful crossroads where my D&D game and my HW rp collide. a player in my game uses hallucinogenics as dose my char here. So I'd like YOUR HELP to make a big ol list of things that one might see when under the influence.

Ground rules
  1. They can be funny but cant be references
  2. They must make seance in a 1500s fantasy Setting Ala HW
My goal is to reach 100 items ranging in scale from good to bad trip. Help a brotha out. Here's some I found on reddit to kick it off.

1. You are entranced by a flock of rainbow-colored birds flying through a clear-blue sky.

2. Your mother / parental figure is scolding you for eating all of the sweets in the pantry.

3. You see a tiny man, the size of your thumb, dancing a merry jig on the palm of your hand.

4. You feel as though you are covered in crawling insects.

5. The walls and ceiling seem to be closing in around you.

6. You feel as if you are melting down into a puddle of liquid at your feet.

7. Your weapon has turned into a snake and is coiling around your body.

8. You think that you can shoot beams of magical power from your eyes.

9. You feel as if everyone is suddenly much taller than you.

10. You hear judgmental whispering coming from all around you.

11. You hear beautiful, lively music and feel compelled to dance.

12. You have a philosophic epiphany about the meaning of life, but when you try to explain it or write it down it comes out as gibberish.

13. Everyone around you looks and sounds exactly like you.

14. You are suddenly afraid that your fingernails, toenails, teeth and hair will all start falling out at any moment.

15. You believe that you have ascended into Godhood and expect others to worship you.

16. Your clothes feel hot and itchy and you are compelled to take them off immediately.

17. You have inexplicably fallen deeply in love with a party member or character you normally don’t get along with.

18. You are convinced that gravity has stopped working, and if you don’t anchor yourself you will float away into the sky.

19. You are overcome by the urge to perform improvised poetry for those around you.

20. You experience complete ego-death and curl up into a fetal position on the ground.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Unless I'm really mistaken here. Isn't this Balatro asking for ideas for his DnD Campaign. Not for things that occur on HollowWorld? Seeing as this is in the OOC Gaming section too.

If so, surely it shouldn't matter about HW RP rules as those guidelines don't exactly apply to DnD :p

If I am wrong and this is meant for HW RP, then someone else might want to answer this as I'm not too sure. Most of these effects just seem to be meant for lighthearted humour? If anything it could just be like a character getting drunk out their mind, just via a different method.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Unless I'm really mistaken here. Isn't this Balatro asking for ideas for his DnD Campaign. Not for things that occur on HollowWorld? Seeing as this is in the OOC Gaming section too.

If so, surely it shouldn't matter about HW RP rules as those guidelines don't exactly apply to DnD :p

If I am wrong and this is meant for HW RP, then someone else might want to answer this as I'm not too sure. Most of these effects just seem to be meant for lighthearted humour? If anything it could just be like a character getting drunk out their mind, just via a different method.
He's asking for both.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
My characters in the past have actively tripped on hallucinogenics with former and to-be members of staff who didn't care. The inappropriate section seems more heavily concentrate on things like cocaine. And if a character is smoking weed through a pipe, I'm fairly sure that's PG-13. Alterans don't have access to refined substances anyways, so hard stuff getting into rp is a no go by definition. Things like psilocybin, cannabis, peyote, those don't really have negative connotations to them except for the word drug. I'm not going to get into politics here but they are natural substances that grow in the wild. RP stemming from them doesn't affect much

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/inappropriate.23934/
Drug use is meant to be vague, so I'd rather not risk it by being too detailed about the effects.
Elz Lannis Solus The Living Ghost TheDeester K9
As long as he keeps it appropriate, finding effects for it should be alright. There's no way to say "keep it tasteful" in relation to drug use, but there's probably some sort of equivalent. That said, if these fancy hallucinogenics are used in-game, putting them through the lore team is a good idea.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
*sweats*
I have an opium den in a build I...

Edit: Could also use the list for hallucinations based on other things like blood loss or fevers and things or whatever people could hallucinate for. With Deester on it as a staff point though.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
I should say that I am no purist in regards to this being IC! Just keep it from getting weird.

CatalystGaming

Lord of Altera
Here with a nice trove of ideas for hallucinogenic effects. I've done some similar stuff with my own games so... enjoy!
1-The PC sees tiny little mouths open along their arms, with lips and gnashing human teeth.
2- The floor literally turns to lava.
3- The PC hears one of his companions insulting him.
4- The PC begins to melt.
5- Good for players with dead parents (And due to all of the orphaned D&D characters, that's quite likely), make them see their dead parents. Depending on their backstory the parents can berate or taunt the PC.
6- A beautiful woman appears before the PC.
7- One of the PC's Gods appears before them. You can choose to play this how you like.
8- The PC hears a woman screaming for help.
9- The PC's hands mysteriously double in size.
10- The PC feel themselves begin to shrink.
11- BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
12- The PC feels a squirming sensation-- Directly under their skin.
13- Make something-- Perhaps a nearby persons meal or a pile of gravel on the ground-- Turn to gold. Or alternatively, the key items the PC's are searching for.
14- The PC begins to turn into... something. An animal, an object, the opposite gender, ect.
15- The PC observes themselves as having omnipotence.
16- The PC hears the GM talking directly to them.
17- The PC talks to themselves. From the future, or so they claim.

That'll do for now. I'll throw in some more when they come to me. Hope the session goes well!

Colonelgames

Lord of Altera
Legend
Colonelgames
Colonelgames
Legend
I feel like the altered states that come from substances such as psilocybin (magic mushrooms), tetrahydrocannabinol (marijuana), and mescaline (peyote) could be interesting and fun rp. The substances in reality have very little harm rates and nobody has died from taking them. Plus they grow outta the earth, man.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
The ruling on drug use here in hw has been "don't be an idiot" which is decidedly veauge. I figured anything short of iggy pop wouldn't hurt my ban chances. My char is a user so I may toe this line, if I ever cross it I'd be happy to have the conversation with staff so we can more clearly define how much is too much.

That all being said like everyone above said there's a plenty of other fun reasons someone might start seeing some stuff I'm trying to keep a lighthearted and fun approach here.

1. Experiences there greatest fear
2. Hears colors, smells sounds, sees tastes
3. Refuses to cross any threashhold unless invited
4. Is convinced the sun is watching them
5. Becomes extremely tired
6. Belives they can find the true love those around them
7. Thinks there super strong
8. Sees everyone as actors and there on a stage
9. Any sudden elevation drops (stairs, curbs, hills ect.) are actually the edge of the world.
10. Large flat surfaces warp and move like waves

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lover
Hero
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
1 - Household objects form faces of people you know - they speak to you.

2 - Tiny bitemarks develop all over your body.

3 - Your fingers have a mind of their own and laugh at you.

4 - You are convinced that anything/everything you have consumed is growing in your belly and is a parasite.

5 - You feel that something is trying to crawl up your throat and out.

6 - You are lost in Purgatory (or any lore-equivalent realm).

7 - Your heart is nothing but a ticking clock.

8 - You can see clearly through your eyelids - but with closed eyes, the light is extremely bright and hurts.

9 - You have the ability to tame every animal in existence and they speak to you.

10 - Your feet have removed themselves from your legs and are walking freely.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Here are some:
1. Your hands appear to disappear and are replaced with the hands of a small baby. But when you try to touch anything you hurt your real fingers because you misjudge the distance.
2. Everything around the PC appears to move infinitely slowly and everyone seems to stop moving.
3 Everything seems normal except for the player hearing the sound of a young girl loudly wailing and no matter how hard they try to shut it out it they can't stop hearing it.
4 The player character becomes convinced they can smell mouth-watering roast pork.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Character is thoroughly convinced that they are a child again and they behave as such. This can lead into possible trouble as they attempt to play with other children their age.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The hallucinations one experiences are tied to the effect that generates them.

I'm going to avoid specifically naming names, but a lot of the people in this thread have absolutely no idea how hallucinogenics work.

For constructive advice - pick the thing you're having dole out hallucinations and pair it with the closest real world analogue and work off of that, otherwise, it's not exactly unlikely that it will come off as "Person pretending to have hallucinations" versus "Person experiencing a hallucinogen."

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
1 - Every person you see, their face keeps morphing. Person to person, to animal, to person, to animal... etc

2 - The room starts to fall. You fall. Everything falls... eternally...

3 - A blissful meadow surround you. The chairs are replaced by doves, and oh my those bar stools look a lot better when they appear to be lovely maidens...

4 - Kaleidoscope effect + inverted colors

5 - You think you can talk to animals. You /think/.

6 - The ground is lava!!1!1!1!!1!1

7 - Your skin seems to melt... seek help!

8 - Who knew you could be such a great bard? Well, at least that's how you describe it to yourself.

9 - Uncontrollable laughter

10 - GIANT SIDERS