Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Help!

Eisor256

Lord of Altera
Hello fellow dungeon dwellers, Ive recently started running a 4th edition game with a group of six friends and I sort of need alot of help, I can't work out how to get my party focused all the way through a session, also any other tips on DMing my game would be greatly appreciated.

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
Hmm... I'd be happy to help you, but I'm wondering a little what exactly you need help with? Obviously the DMing, but do you need help with storyline and such?If so, I could make something for ye ;) As to the DMing, I lean heavily to the improvisation side, I only make a sketchy outline my story, and make the rest as I go along... So yeah, any questions, ask away!

Eisor256

Lord of Altera
Well, at the moment ok using Keep on the Shadowfell as a base adventure, then I may develop my own, my main problem is getting them immersed and getting them to roleplay properly, my party at best are very focussed however but they aren't regularly, that's my main problem with the party

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
Ah, well my two solutions are these:

First, if you've been playing for a couple of hours, take a short 5-15 minute break. This allows them time to process all the information you've provided, and allow them to think about what's next. When resuming, it may take a few minutes to become immersed again, but from my experience it should help them focus better afterward.

Second, if your players seem bored/uninterested, tell them what they need to know for the story as brief as possible, and move on. This is occasionally a problem in my self-created adventures, and despite the work that's gone into it, if you move on the players might find a subject that they latch on out of interest again, and it's more fun for all.

I hope this helped a bit more...

Eisor256

Lord of Altera
Thanks, that helped alot were playing on Friday and were having a linger session than normal so that advice will be especially useful then.