Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Herenii Character Thread

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend

Herenii New Flag.png

-|- House Herenii: Overview -|-

The Herenii are a small, regional power in the central Altera, located in the city of Astrakhan, where they dwell as rulers of the self-acclaimed "Asrakosian Dominion." Initially, they were vassals to House Azerwind of Mockingbay, who sponsored the expansion of their village and the legitimization of their small nation. When they were relinquished from service, the Matriarch (or Materfamilias) of the House- Alijol Inkalla-Herennia- disappeared, leaving Theodosius Hostilius Herennius to act as Regent. Eventually, he was crowned Basileos ("Servant-King") of the Dominion, in Valerius. After two subsequent wars, in which the influence and size of the Herenii diminished, the House now finds itself in a period of peace and reconstruction. Currently, they have no real plans for growing beyond their little city, and with their leader having mellowed with age, they seek only peace and cooperation with their neighbors.

herenni_family_tree_but_its_an_actual_tree.png

The members of this House possess high cheekbones, aquiline noses, and able-bodies, and have received at least a basic, if not advanced education. Each carry a topaz amulet with an ivory sun set in the middle, which serves as a reminder of their duty to family. Currently, the Paterfamilias of the family is
Theodosius Hostilius Herennius, and the Materfamilias is Carling Altham, who also acts as Kephale, or Governor, of Astrakhan. The family has been known to occasionally adopt family members from time to time, though their trust is not easily gained.

Their House sigil is currently a white sun on an orange background, symbolizing their ability to rise from the darkness of the world; a tribute to their determination and tenaciousness. Their words are "Gladii Iustitae" or "Swords of Justice", a reminder that their usage of force should be for just, righteous causes, and not of self-aggrandizement.

Many male characters possess the middle or "tribal" name "Hostilius", which originated from when Astrakhan's nobility was still organized into "groups" or "tribes" for a brief period.

Characters Available For Adoption

There are currently members of the family that players can request to adopt. They are, for the most part, open-ended, and can be changed to the tastes of the player. If you are interested in picking one up, PM me or MelodyComplex on the forums. (The ages are a bit off, since timey-wimey and I haven't updated the thread in a while, but if someone picks them up, we can adjust accordingly!)

Decius The Elder: The eldest member of the House, this man has lived through the Exodus and has seen his family rise to become rulers of Astrakhan. Currently, he is seventy-nine, but despite his age, he is an active member of his family, known for his laconic remarks and odd sense of humor. [Available]

Vibius Hostilius Herennius: The family doctor, and the last surviving member of the third generation of the House after disease and violence took the lives of his siblings. He is a quiet, morose individual with the strict sense of duty that is common amongst doctors. He is currently forty-five. [Available]

Numeria Herennia: The spouse of Vibius, Numeria is a stiff-lipped, hard-working woman who was once a mere vintner's daughter. She is known for her ability to give sage advice to her younger relatives, as well as her rather down-to-earth attitude about the world. She is currently forty-seven. [Available]

Korrina Ligeia: Korrina married into the family through her now deceased husband. An aristocrat through and through, Korrina is known for having expensive tastes and a rather biting sense of humor. She often has no problem browbeating people when she feels insulted. She is currently forty-six. A silver elf. [Available]

Ambrosius Hostilius Herennius: Like his mother, Ambrosius is a party-animal and when he is not hosting ridiculous parties, the silver elf can be found gabbing up anyone of high status that he can befriend. He is a burgeoning diplomat, and generally a likeable person, if a bit spoiled. He is around twenty four. [Available]

Decius Hostilius Herennius: The family accountant, Decius is slightly greedy, but sharp-minded young man with a talent for finding coins from out of thin air. He possesses reddish hair and green eyes, and a broad nose. He is twenty-six. [Available]

Gracchus Hostilius Herennius: Gracchus is a simple, quiet stonemason, who prefers the company of his chisel than with most people. He is large, and strong, but gentle, and generally abhors violence. While not politically active, he could easily become well-beloved by the people for his simple acts of kindness. He is often bugged by his more rambunctious brother, Markos. He is twenty-five. [Available]

Aurelius Hostilius Herennius: Aurelius is a shy, possibly mute young man who enjoys painting and gardening. He is considered a loveable oddball due to his fervent love of abstract paintings. He is by far, the youngest of the fourth generation, around seventeen. [Available]

Arminius Hostilius Herennius: A vivacious, slightly manic young man of around twenty four. Once was the family's assassin in a bygone, darker era. [Available, Vellisar gave him up due to inactivity.]

Attachments

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
We are open for business! Take a look at these characters and post here if you are interested in using them! All players who use these characters must do so actively! I'm rather new to creating entire Houses like this, so please be patient :p

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
This looks like House Martell, kind of.........
I suppose- they've both got a desert/exotic vibe to them, though House Herenii are more taken from the Komnenian (revival of an empire, methodical, knowledge/record keeping etc) and the Julian (cunning, for-the-people, political, etc) families from their respective time periods.

mathweev

Lord of Altera
I'm looking forward to seeing this house in play! The characters are well thought out while still retaining room for the player to implement their own ideas and traits on the character. On a side note: who do you yourself play? and in what areas (if any) can this house most likely be found once it arrives?

PitaChipBoi

Lord of Altera
Nut_Jooce
Nut_Jooce
I'm down to play arminus or if you can find a different player for him, claudia
Sorry for bad grammar I'm using my tablet

PitaChipBoi

Lord of Altera
Nut_Jooce
Nut_Jooce
Fret not! I can make an exception if you really want to play as Arminius :)
And- there are plenty more characters to choose from if you want to change your mind.
None of the other characters strike my fancy, perhaps I could create a new character and be a servant to one of the lords or something, just an idea.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
None of the other characters strike my fancy, perhaps I could create a new character and be a servant to one of the lords or something, just an idea.
We're always looking for new citizens too- if you want to be a servant or a guard, that'd be cool too! We're in Astrakhan (link in the thread).