Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Heroes of Altera

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
BASIL, oh, my God, Basil.

If you like absolutely batshit crazy villainous pyromancers, I suppose Basil Phoenix is admirable.

He was, in fact, a very good distraction too.

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
Mitch gets brownie points, he mentioned Axex.

Ahem.

Engaged to a former Sister, never married, but otherwise not a bad summary of the tail-end.

Before the Crown Wars, though, there's a hell of a lot more juicy history. Shall we begin~?

Draco survived the Cataclysm as a soldier, then served as the leader in the First Protarian Wars against the bandit populace, successfully raiding and defending raids on a number of influential cities and towns. He also led in the Avalon-Myrithas Wars against the increasingly threatening mage cities, then led his House through the First Exodus and fought in a great number of its battles - for Skara Brae, for Stormhold, even (I believe) for the ground on which Protaras stood.

During this First Exodus, many fell into the grip of the Corruption, and Draco similarly played a part in treating with other Houses and less likely individuals (though very little known... yes, even mages) in order to minimise the threat to Alterans.

Peace lasted for a while in their brave new world, but the bandits had shared in the riches of the new land, and soon returned to full and bloody glory. Enter the Second Protarian Wars, culiminating in the infamous Battle for Cobblefist Keep, held by defenders for several hours real time while the bandits attempted to wrest control. Eventually, however, and under genuinely suspicious circumstances IC, the bandits sailed South not long after, never to return.

For Draco, I'd argue that the Crown Wars marked the beginning of darker days. Though history is liable to cast a 'hero', the true reason for war, beyond the general OOC sentiment of "let's go to war it'd be fun", was a fear that the growing new power of House Arcturus, religiously fanatical and very... southern, would dominate any weaker house to take the infant crown, and put an end to the freedom of the people of Avalon (the name of Lonmar homelands in the first and second worlds).

Following a confusion of battles, side-swapping, and politics, Draco wound up wearing the Crown in a strange southern city, with a rather unsettled household of guards, physicians, scribes, and other loyalists at his back. During his rule in the South as King, Tywin (his legitimatised bastard son) ruled as Jarl in the North, and made a bit of a mess out of a love for money and little else.

Politics, however, never stilled, and old divisions festered within the court and beyond. Beyond in Altera and, quite regrettably, beyond on the forums too, and OOC, Draco got tired of invented dramas from uninvolved parties and what he found to be unreasonable OOC restrictions. Some months before his IC abdication, perhaps an act of foreshadowing, Draco sent a portion of his household home to Stormhold.

After that, he lay down the crown, returned home, and wasn't heard of since. Particularly diligent researchers will know that there was a traditional funeral held in his memory at Stormhold, not weeks after his arrival.

Now just what is unfortunate about that~? ;D
I cried.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
BASIL, oh, my God, Basil.

If you like absolutely batshit crazy villainous pyromancers, I suppose Basil Phoenix is admirable.

He was, in fact, a very good distraction too.
You're right, Faelin was the one with nwalme issues ;D
and

Hey hey hey now, Basil was only one half of a very good distraction.
YOU WOUND ME

But eeeeeeeee I love all this history stuff

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
I guess Gelyk, Draco, and General Arcturus are the dudes everybody would know and hold in high esteem. Somewhat.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Shoutout to the OG Ranger Nylas.

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
Also, if you're into anti-heroes, King Leorthor Ararodwen the... many times 'true' King of the Elves...
A char would have to be fairly niche to see Leorthor as a hero. By 'niche' I mean he would have to know about the stories about just how many fantasy races existed in Altera 3 ooc years ago. He was quite noteworthy, but if your char is at all friends with any members of the Rangers it is quite certain that your char would not have heard good things about Leorthor Ararodwen. He was quite dastardly. I'll give you a short story without much flair because it's almost certain that your char or any char wouldn't like Leo enough to make a statue of him.

Long, long ago...

Leo lived in a time when many good people were being terrorised by a blood sucking race known as vyres. Also, roaming the land were living shades, fae, primordial reptilian people, bipedal toads of human size, greylings, earthspawn, and many other races including those pesky, scheming nakam.

Leo had made good friends with a great many people in his days, including the at-the-time Dwarven King Hrothgar Sharp-Pick. He was charismatic enough to convince these people of certain truths. Namely, the truth that these vyres and all these other races were blights on the good Humans, Dwarves, Elves, and Halflings of Altera. He, the Dwarven King, and a great few others including the noteworthy dwarf Krimil Thornisson founded The Vigilant Order of Slayers. This group was dedicated to the ultimate eradication of these races. They did fairly well as evidenced by the current 'extinct' status of most of their target races. They did so well and were so feared that a competing order was founded just to stop them. This order exists today as The Rangers.

When he wasn't slaying monsters, Leorthor was the spymaster of Lonmar. The great king Draco trusted him enough to appoint him as his spymaster. Draco liked Leorthor quite a lot, even to the point of declaring that he should be King of Elves.
This eventually turned out to be a mistake, however, as it was found that Leorthor had been acting as an informant for Hawklight the entire time.

He lived his life riding on the claim that he was the rightful Elven king, he had a nice manor, Val Royeaux, and he lived quite comfortably. Little is known of what happened to him following the exodus. It could be speculated that he, or at least one of his descendants, lives on.

A dastardly double-crosser, an opportunist, a competent elf. At every step of the way his actions were truly born from his own agency. Whether it was the founding of the Slayers or his pressing the claim to the Elven Crown, it was others who reacted to his actions by founding the Rangers and by Alexantria's counterclaim. It is difficult to discuss the dream of a united race of Elves without mentioning him, his claim, or his thoughts on the dream of a unified Elven people.

Aside from Leo, I can vouch for Hrothgar Sharp-Pick as a good candidate. He was the greatest Dwarven builder to ever live. He created what was the greatest of all mines to ever exist, Thraal. It really cannot be expressed enough at how impressive Thraal was, and it was all his doing. None have lived to surpass the architectural legacy left behind by this immense feat of uniquely Dwarven construction.

Some say he still lives, digging away underground, trying to recreate the seat of the throne he once held. It is a common saying among dwarves that the echo heard after the strike of the pick is really the spirit of Hrothgar there mining alongside you. That and that if one listens closely enough in absolute silence, the sound of Hrothgar digging can be heard quite faintly if you're in the right place at the right time. For more on Hrothgar I recommend asking Piratep00f.

If your character doesn't like nakam, greylings, or earthspawn, Leo might be a good choice. Also, if he would admire the kind of half Littlefinger half Mussolini character then Leo would be a good choice.
Leo Decroix
NinjaTangerine

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Aside from Leo, I can vouch for Hrothgar Sharp-Pick as a good candidate. He was the greatest Dwarven builder to ever live. He created what was the greatest of all mines to ever exist, Thraal. It really cannot be expressed enough at how impressive Thraal was, and it was all his doing.
Bullshit it was all his doing. Tang had us digging that blasted shaft for weeks! *Shakes fist*

(But in all seriousness, damn good summaries, I commend 'em. :D)

Spark

Broken
King Draco reigned over the House of Lonmar for a very, very long time. He lead his northern people from Stormhold and to victory in the Game of Crowns, securing the Silver Crown and Throne. He courted and I believe eventually married a Sister of Shalherana, while leading on the frontlines of War against the other nations. Involved in countless political and bloody machinations against and with the likes of House Hawklight, House Saeradan, House Yearnen, newcomer House Arduin, newcomer House Arcturus, and countless other little factions in the Game of Crowns it was surely an IC struggle to come out atop. For unknown reasons the King abdicated the throne, likely to pursue something more significant.[/USER]
Damn. You bring back sweet, sweet memories. ;-;

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'm also looking for folks outside of what you would usually mix with a hero. Victor is the type of dude that holds knowledge in high regard, though I have some ideas from reading all of this..

Hmm.