Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Holiday Logo Contest

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
ForestRose
ForestRose
ezgif-4026554093.gif
I found out I'm not very good at logos.. but I tried! Wish I could have neatened up the letters a bit more... at least it flashes!

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
Boulderpaul said:
*waves hands around and the image is magically resized...* Here you go ;)
Eh, you know its not good way to edit pictures like that, eh ? Original image got 96 dpi, while yours was lowered to 72 dpi.

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
Eh, you know its not good way to edit pictures like that, eh ? Original image got 96 dpi, while yours was lowered to 72 dpi.
The DPI information stored in the image has absolutely no effect on how the image is shown on a screen as browsers render images using their pixel dimensions (the images can then be scaled, skewed, etc. with CSS but that's another topic) . If we were printing the forums then yes the DPI information would become relevant, but then we wouldn't be using 96dpi...
P.S Check the logo image which is currently being used on the top of this very page if you want, but again it's irrelevant :)

Anyway good luck to everyone who has made a logo for the contest, they are all lovely! :D

- Boulder

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
You are right Boulder, thou I still find in an inefficient way to edit pictures, even if it has no effect on digital preview.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Personal preference warning:
I like to just work at the resolution of the final image.
For my prints that's usually ~300dpi
Digital 72dpi

*2 cents*

Teeke

Lord of Altera
DPI is dots per inch.
Which isn't entirely accurate, because the printer will print thousands of dots per inch at a resolution of 300 dots per inch.
It's math, and confusing, and misleading.

Just count the pixels and move on.

Arrowflint

Lord of Altera
Patron
Arrowflint
Arrowflint
Patron
Well, I guess I'll be throwing my hat in the ring.
This counts as one submission, but just ended up doing two designs.
HW Winter logo.png

HWWinterlogoSnowflake.png

Attachments

Last edited: