Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

hollowpirapple's Application [Accepted - Squidziod]

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
hollowpirapple
2. How old are you?
20 years old.
3. What country are you from?
The Untied States of America
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yep, quite a few times over the years.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using knowledge gained out of character to further your own character's story, while powergaming is forcing other characters to commit actions without their input.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Absolutely not.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidzoid!
8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a former whitelisted member of the server, and I'm currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program for theater production in Houston, Texas. I grew up in California, and then moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico for school, which recently shut down, forcing me to move to Houston. I managed to survive hurricane Harvey, even though I lost a bit of my stuff (not my computer, thank god for that), and have been trying to settle into life here as time moves on. My university just opened it's third show this semester, called Topdog/Underdog, and I worked as a carpenter on the show, as well as the assistant fly head.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I have quite a few examples of things I've made for shows but I haven't taken the time to upload them to my computer this semester. I will definitely add a thread about it in the artwork section later!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Someone referred me to the server a very long time ago, but I did find the link to the forums on my bookmark bar about three days ago.
About Your Character!

Character Name:
Ragthor Carlson
Character Age:
32 years of age.
Character Race:
Human
Appearance:
A taller man, one of slightly strong stature, with shoulder-length red dreadlocks, usually, if not always hidden under a helm which fits snugly on the top of his head. His pale white skin is completely covered by a set of leather armor, which both protects him from attack, but also from the sun, as he tends to sunburn far too easily.

Written Test!
A table is set up around a street corner, with one man standing behind it, named Ragthor. He is scanning the crowd of people, trying to get people to test their luck with playing some three-card Monte. On the table are three cards face-down, a deuce of diamonds, a deuce of hearts, and a deuce of spades. One poor fool approaches the table, and places a coin on the table. Ragthor starts his speech, trying to fool the man.

"Watch my hands, watch the lightning fast hands, watch these amazingly quick hands play with your eyes. Jax give luck, Jax be quick, now go ahead and pick the right card. Pick a red card, you're a loser, pick the other red card, you're a loser, but pick the black card, you're a winner. Keep it quick, watch the cards, don't watch old Rag here, watch the cards, and pick your winner."

Ragthor slides the middle card over, which also happens to be the black card, and tells the man to choose. The man rightly points at the closest card to him.

"Hah, Jax was with you then, but as you know, it's always double or nothing. Do it twice, you win, do it once you lose, do it nonce you lose."

Ragthor plays the game again, sliding the cards around, and quickly slips one card into one sleeve and another out the other. The man doesn't notice, and now each card is red. Ragthor keeps giving his speech, and eventually tells the man to choose. The man points at the card which is to his right. Ragthor flips the card, it's clearly red, and then takes the coin on the table. The man walks off, disappointed, while Ragthor rolls the coin on his right hand, and slips it into a pouch on his belt.

He looks around, and notes the man talking to some guards. He quickly gathers up the cards into his belt, and grabs the small table, running off into a nearby alley.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

It's great to be the one to whitelist you, and an absolute pleasure to have you back. Hope to RP with you soon.