Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

HollowWorld Quick Survey

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner

HollowWorld Survey

{Take the Survey}

I've been meaning to do a quick survey to have a feel for the current player base, especially ones who take part in server activities, but generally lurk about and don't take part in discussions to voice their opinions. We've had a lot of them, but here's to a quick run-down of questions staff, mostly me, want to poll on. The questions themselves are very general, some specific, but each section has its downs and ups and the active teams been doing what they can. We'll be discussing the end results in private and reviewing all the comments so we know what players think we're doing right, what's wrong, and what you think we should be working on. The last part is for me to decide along with coordinators, of course, but I like to hear from the playerbase as we did last year and 6 months ago with their own discussion and survey respectively. It's all anonymous.

I'm leaving the thread un-locked, so please be tame in your responses on the thread if you do choose to do so.

-Solus

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Rate the Performance of the Staff Team in these categories

Make this a 1-5 scale. Google Forms cuts it to show 8 at both 1080p and 1440p, with a scrollbar to see 9-10. You'll get too many responses <=8.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Rate the Performance of the Staff Team in these categories

Make this a 1-5 scale. Google Forms cuts it to show 8 at both 1080p and 1440p, with a scrollbar to see 9-10. You'll get too many responses <=8.
Sure thing.
Also to note for others- opening it on mobile may cause some questions to be cut off. It could be just the staff rating one, but I'd recommend doing this on desktop.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
CC: I was going to quickly do it but there's actually a bit too much for me and I'll have to come back to it.

I think there might be a bit too much /stuff/ in it and it might be better to do a couple smaller ones? Idk. It's a meaty Survey, heck I'd call it a server Census.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
CC: I was going to quickly do it but there's actually a bit too much for me and I'll have to come back to it.

I think there might be a bit too much /stuff/ in it and it might be better to do a couple smaller ones? Idk. It's a meaty Survey, heck I'd call it a server Census.
I don't think it's too bad, but enough that i feel bad for whoever has to parse through them, and if it could be done effectively with all the fill-the-blank bits.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I don't think it's too bad, but enough that i feel bad for whoever has to parse through them, and if it could be done effectively with all the fill-the-blank bits.
I ended up putting too many questions, I realize-. I'll be sorting them in 1-2 weeks, but all the serious ones will be shown to staff and it's not a complicated process to do so and have them sort it, too.

Keep it up, though- 15 responses so far.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast

some surveys are quite long. A census usually only takes factual information/details like demographics. This one's long but I don't think any of the questions seem redundant or unnecessary so I don't mind.
I think surveys are a good idea, even regular surveys monthly or bi-monthly.
I agree 100%. Helps to get the opinions of the playerbase in an organized format without allowing for bias based on who's posting it or letting it fall into inevitable chaos like most threads do.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Solus I've finished the survey and as someone who did social science in college (w/ classes focused on data harvesting & population polling conventions), I can say this survey isn't going to get as precise/as detailed data as you'd probably want. If you're interested in designing a more comprehensive one that'll get more cohesive data, feel free to PM me and we can work together to build a better one.

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Solus I've finished the survey and as someone who did social science in college (w/ classes focused on data harvesting & population polling conventions), I can say this survey isn't going to get as precise/as detailed data as you'd probably want. If you're interested in designing a more comprehensive one that'll get more cohesive data, feel free to PM me and we can work together to build a better one.
I appreciate the offer- if there's need for another important quiz and I seek help, I'll send you a PM sometime.

Colonelgames

Lord of Altera
Legend
Colonelgames
Colonelgames
Legend
If you truly read through every response, that would be extremely admirable.

It'll be alot of work I'm sure.

D

Dark Auras

If you truly read through every response, that would be extremely admirable.

It'll be alot of work I'm sure.
That is the purpose of this survey. To read through the good, the bad, and the ugly to see what we can change to improve the server and community etc.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hey guys- I won't close the survey, but we're up to 75 responses and I'll be sorting/summarizing them for staff to discuss for the next few days to weeks. Some things may change course, others will be pondered on, and some projects that aren't urgent will be kept as is (example- 68%+ said our current region system wasn't a problem to them, so I won't make this something our team's going to scramble to fix.) The team can then work on easier transparency with projects as we try to do every few month and so on.

Thanks for taking part!