Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Hollowworld Trailer

mineturtletrap

Lord of Altera
A trailer for Hollowworld, enjoy!

Featured Towns:
Aellyr, Aeroch Nor, Al'Bathor, Azerport, The Cathedral, Cutthroat Cove, Heaven's Reach,
Hound-ru, Irrcrawn, Port Silver, Sundown Isle, Tahkul-rimtar, Tauredal, Vera Vigi.

Sorry if I didn't get something of everyone's epic builds into this - there's only so much I can get into four minutes :D

mineturtletrap

Lord of Altera
What's the shaders or programs are you using to do that? It is possible to play with those?
For the shaders I was using a slightly altered version of SEUS ultra (I removed the distance blurring effect and tweaked a few other things). As for playing with them, you're gonna need a pretty beefy PC or high-end mac otherwise your frame rate will sit ridiculously low. Other, lower quality shader packs are available that still look great whilst running on moderately good computers though.
SEUS page: beep
My altered version: boop
You'll need to download the shaders mod as well as optifine to do this though :)

To film all this I used a client-side mod called camera studio which allows you to take panning shots through a set of pre-defined points. It's a great mod and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to film pretty things in mc.

*waits to see Lydel*

*doesn't see Lydel*

*crawls away*
;-; sorrry

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
For the shaders I was using a slightly altered version of SEUS ultra (I removed the distance blurring effect and tweaked a few other things). As for playing with them, you're gonna need a pretty beefy PC or high-end mac otherwise your frame rate will sit ridiculously low. Other, lower quality shader packs are available that still look great whilst running on moderately good computers though.
SEUS page: beep
My altered version: boop
You'll need to download the shaders mod as well as optifine to do this though :)

To film all this I used a client-side mod called camera studio which allows you to take panning shots through a set of pre-defined points. It's a great mod and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to film pretty things in mc.

;-; sorrry
How do I enable the said shaders? where do i put them?

mineturtletrap

Lord of Altera
How do I enable the said shaders? where do i put them?
Mine's Guide to Installing Shaders. (1.7.2 PC version)

Step 1: Download Forge 10.12.0.1032 (must get that exact version otherwise optifine won't be happy).
Step 2: Install this forge version, following the instillation guide. Allow it to create a new profile.
Step 3: Download OptiFine 1.7.2_HD_U_D1 (scroll down to Optifine Ultra section and click the spoilers tab for older versions.) (do not do anything with the download yet - just drag it onto your desktop).
Step 4: type %appdata% into your search bar on windows. Go to .minecraft -> mods. Drag the optifine download from your desktop to here. Optifine is now sorted.
Step 5: Download GLSL shaders mod for 1.7.2
Step 6: Install GLSL shaders. Follow the instillation guide before running the launcher. A small window should open in which you need to select the mc profile that forge is installed to (is called Forge by default). The shaders mod is now sorted.
Step 7: Optional. Download my shaderpack.
Step 8: Select and run this profile from the mc launcher. When mc opens go Options -> Shaders -> Open shaderpacks folder. This will open a new window in which you need to drag and drop my altered shaderpack. Close this window. Go back to mc. Now if you scroll down on the shaders section on the options menu (Options -> Shaders) you should many shaderpacks including one called Shaders.zip. This is my altered pack. Click it to apply the shaders.
Step 9: Log in to Hollowworld (switching shaderpacks can be done in-game).
Step 10: ???
Step 11: Profit.

It doesn't work:
Step 1: Check you have the right versions.
Step 2: I'm serious, check again.
Step 3: Watch YouTube videos on how to make it work. Good luck.

Last edited:

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
The shaders are amazing, but its rather difficult to see the shots at nighttime...

Otherwise, absolutely lovely!

Edit: The shots with lots of lights at nighttime that faded into daytime were amazing- Namely, Tauredal where the tree seemed to simply merge out of the sunrise and mist, with the lanterns bright throughout- :D

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
A trailer for Hollowworld, enjoy!

Featured Towns:
Aellyr, Aeroch Nor, Al'Bathor, Azerport, The Cathedral, Cutthroat Cove, Heaven's Reach,
Hound-ru, Irrcrawn, Port Silver, Sundown Isle, Tahkul-rimtar, Tauredal, Vera Vigi.

Sorry if I didn't get something of everyone's epic builds into this - there's only so much I can get into four minutes :D
Good work gets good feedback:

Music choice combined with flyby camera and view effects comboed really well, and added a build-up feeling.

The shader pack, when combined with night-time didn't let us see too much of the towns - The best use of the night was the night-day shift done in Tauredal which was /excellent/ - for subsequent videos try and get a shot in day time of places shot at night.

Great work, thank you!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Oh my god when I saw Tahkul-Rimtar in those shaders my heart literally jumped. Thank you so much for that! :heart: I love this trailer!
EDIT: Wow hound-ru ... :eek: amazing...