Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

How You Affect Server Campaigns

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Here, I will explain how the actions of any and all participants of server Campaigns and Events affect the outcome. It seems to have been a debated topic, and hopefully this post clears some things up.

When we plan out events, I make sure to make a 'setting' before anything else. Think of it as a sort of backstory for the world. This allows me to create a sandbox, where the world and setting can be molded into whatever sandcastles is wished with what tools are available.

At the beginning of any server Event - Let alone a Campaign compromised of several events - I draw at least ten 'branches' for potential outcomes I can prepare for. A key to any event is not only the participation, but making it fun for the participants (Which requires me to have at least a decent amount of setup).

I'm going to be using the Feast of Flames as an example. When I plan events, the branches often look like this:

-Participation in favour of ... Lower Port Silver Burning (Ranging from mild to severe effort, are fires set? Do they just leave? Are adjoining houses doused?)
-Participation in favour of ... Upper Port Silver Burning " "
-Partcipation in favour of ... Attacking/Trapping/Killing the Elementals (What materials used? How organized/effective is the attack?)
-Participation in favour of ... Port Silver Abandoned/Looting and running (Are banks/vaults broken into? What is taken? Is the city ignored?)
-Participation in favour of ... Saving Lower PS (Ranging from mild to severe effort. Is water used? Bucket lines? Do people simply suffocate the flames? What about preventive measures?)
-Participation in favour of ... Saving Upper PS " "
-Participation in favour of ... Pleading/Praying/Sacrificing for help from gods. etc. (Ranging from mild to severe effort. What materials are used? Where? Is the prayer organized or chaotic? To what God? Does the Church lead the prayers with a random individual? Does the Arbiter do his job of leading prayers?)
-Participation in favour of ... Securing the Boats (Ranging from mild to severe effort. Are they doused with water? Are the docks doused? Are the boats moved?)
-Participation in favour of ... Using the Fountains (Ranging from mild to severe effort. Are water channels created? Do people simply take buckets from them? Are they smashed?)
-Participation in favour of ... Naelwyn/Magicpeeps (Ranging from mild to severe effort. these guys are whack what the hell are they gonna do)
-Participation in favour of ... Collapsing Buildings (Ranging from mild to severe effort. Are simple ropes and manpower used? What about levered strength? Cannons? Are the supports of buildings removed? Are they simply tugging on a sturdy house?)
-Improv. Result - A backwash of prepped worldchanges in anticipation of something completely new.

After that event, I had a few of those categories in varying amounts. Port Silver was ultimately only mildly harmed, and everything important was saved. ( Save for a ship D: )

From each these 'branches' I have a few "Outcomes", changes that would affect the world. Potential 'Taxes', for example. The Elementals moving on to another town if they weren't stopped (they were, which lead to other stuff...). The fire spreading the tnt-happy Boats and Blacksmith. There are a good deal more, but I can't release those for fear of spoilers, because they might still be something brought into play.
Going by this model, while I will agree that there are a few key event natures that are hard to prevent (Such as even a little bit of Port Silver burning), it is the players Participation that ultimately decides our world of Altera.

Feel free to message me with any questions!

I like to think of them like TwitchPlaysPokemon...

Last edited:

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Does the Arbiter do his job of leading prayers?)
Actually according to the lore the Arbiter was supposed to lead the Inquisition and the Church, not lead prayers. That was intended to be for the Grand Priest or whatever his face was. Most people I led marriages and prayers for have left.

<_< Just saying.

Michcat

Actually according to the lore the Arbiter was supposed to lead the Inquisition and the Church, not lead prayers. That was intended to be for the Grand Priest or whatever his face was. Most people I led marriages and prayers for have left.

<_< Just saying.
Ahwhoops- thats my notes shorthand for "Church Officials"

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Self proclaimed priestesses or ones actively involved in the big PS church?

Teeke

Lord of Altera
The official church of Alters seems ton havevery little visibility, even if they chose a priest or priestess to lead would it be something that people would even notice?
The self proclaimed priestesses seems to have followers and have been actively involved in the development of events.
Of the two, which do yoi think matters more?

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I was referring to "Church Officials". I don't really care about anything to do with how people conduct being a priest / priestess on the server :p

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The Church hasn't had the Mandate of Heaven for a very long time. High time someone storms with a religious revolution to reorganize the Church again.

Matto225

The White Mage
Who aside from the Arbiter don't exist since no one wants to play a priest nowadays. :L
*Flexs hands*
I need to have a conversation with an old friend concerning an alt, then I'll be making a new character it seems^^
Edit: If you're cool and all with a kick-start with the priests and such!

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I honestly could not care less. I've wasted far too much time without any sort of approval from anyone on the church anyway, not that anyone cares, especially not the staff. In RP Albareth manages the finances which would realistically arise in running a building the size of a town. The fuel to heat it, the cleaning of it, keeping the grounds at least relatively safe, all that jazz, since after all there is no use for the Inquisition any more and I have an alt with a nation to run.

Michcat

I honestly could not care less. I've wasted far too much time without any sort of approval from anyone on the church anyway, not that anyone cares, especially not the staff. In RP Albareth manages the finances which would realistically arise in running a building the size of a town. The fuel to heat it, the cleaning of it, keeping the grounds at least relatively safe, all that jazz, since after all there is no use for the Inquisition any more and I have an alt with a nation to run.
While I could get all into your response to contact and how such was never established on top of several other factors that lead to the loss of the Churchs' divine mandate (Essentially meaning it needed to be run as any player organization but with the added benefit of already having a snazzy building gifted to it), I'm going to ask you to kindly take it to another thread :D