Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Hytale

Rue

Lord of Altera
Mystic
PrettyBones
PrettyBones
Mystic
I wasn't asking why or if it is expiring, nor was I bringing it up as if nobody else has ever considered that it's expiring.

I highlighted that it's expiring to make the point that a new game can revive it. But, ofcourse, you knew that already and willingly ignored my point to be snarky about my post.
i just don't think a new game can cure a lack of innovation.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
I'm late to the party, but Hytale does look pretty interesting. It's also cool to see Cherbert here again - it's been a while.

I don't see myself returning to Minecraft ever again because whenever I do give it a try once every other year or so, I get bored in an hour. A new game however? I'm sure I'd get more out of it than that, and perhaps might even end up playing it as much as I used to play Minecraft. There was a time where I'd refresh these very forums every other hour and even to this day for some reason I check the forums once a year hoping something would bring me back.
This is exactly how I feel as well. Hopefully Hytale will bring something new to the table and revive my passion for these games. The videos, blogs, as well as the descriptions on their website, all seem very promising, showcasing a lot of features that I've always wished for Minecraft to implement. I can definitely see myself checking it out on release.

Torgorbash

Lord of Altera
What I am particularly interested in is the ability to make creatures. We can have our own completely custom Altera, with lore friendly creatures fully fleshed out with aesthetics and (I think) behaviors. Like, wendigos can actually be in-game creatures. And literally anything and everything else.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
When it does come around to it, maybe it being added as sort of an extra add-on thing at first just to see how it goes might be the more intelligent route? I'm not really sure how we do currently as far as server costs, but if it could be fit in to allow for something smaller with people trying to figure it out- I'd say it'd be worth it to have multiple set-ups. Minecraft to remain how it has, and Hytale to be more...RPG-like and gamebased.

I feel like that's a decent enough middle-ground if a good number of people are wanting for this, and allows for both options to work.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Been following Hytale for ages, actually gotten to work with the guys behind it and known them for awhile now, they've been developing this behind the scenes for years and want to create their own massive servers on it similar to their Hypixel Minecraft server, so they'll definitely put in proper support for large servers. Hopefully they'll even build proper map designing tools as part of it.

We should definitely look to run a server for it at least at first, even if it doesn't pan out it could be a good way to direct the stream of new users interested in the game back towards the Minecraft server if they take to the RP side of things.