Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

I return! (Whitelist App) [Approved - Niko]

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Since I've been gone for 2 years or so, I thought it wise to fully reapply. I don't even know if I still have my titles/money/that storage room I had filled with everything. I guess I'll see if I'm accepted. *Sits and waits*

1. What is your Minecraft username? Rosary_Omen

2. How old are you? 37 (Yeah I know, I got old)

3. What country are you from? Australia

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet? I’m re-reading them to refresh myself after 2 years of being gone. Edit: I read them while I was deciding my character, so yep.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming? Metagaming is having sudden knowledge of anything, especially secret and unrevealed things about a certain character. This does include any OOC information seen/heard on forums/OOC chat/Discord etc that’s used ICly. Don’t do it. It’s not cool.

Powergaming is a big no-no as well, having non-existent NPC mercenaries at your side at all time (or the ‘and 100 rogues’ cliche). It also means not allowing a character to react in battle, killing or wounding them without OOC consent. OOC consent given beforehand removes the Powergaming aspect. Remember kids! Consent is important!

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server? Pfft heck no.

7. Name one of our current Mentors. Vincentius (That name is familiar, not sure if I know them or knew them or what)

8. Tell us about yourself! I played here (with so many alts, I’m an altoholic and yep, I still have both my MC accounts) aboout 2 years ago now? Some of you might remember me, maybe. I was in the Thieve’s Guild for most of my time here and built Nir’enne. Which I believe I sold before I quit. I’m still a giant nerd, obviously I still RP and game, I’m trying to get back into writing original stuff. I still do my photography and I’ve recently had help from mum (thanks mum!) to get a new everyday lens, since mine died years ago. (RIP old lens). Uuuhm, what else? I’ve been missing this place more and more as time has gone by and on a whim, logged in to see what was going on and lo and behold! Ye olde friends have returned and are considering it -and- the server is still going!

Nostalgia brings me back.

9. Do you have any examples of your work? I mean, I have old stuff but I only recently got back into Minecraft. So I have no builds from now to show off.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server? Uhm I referred myself. Can I reap the rewards thanks to nostalgia?

About Your Character!

(Does the Orphan Assassin meme still happen?)

Character Name: Axael (Not his birth name.)

Character Age: 43

Character Race: Elf (Silver)

Appearance: Standing a touch over 6ft in height, Axael is a slight, wiry built elf. The man’s white hair and green eyes mark him as an obvious Silver Elf, although curiously enough his skin is sunkissed from time spent outdoors. Half rim glasses are perched on his nose when he reads, nearsightedness runs in his father’s side of the family. His hair is left loose most times, the soft pale locks hanging around shoulder length. If need be, he can tie it back out of the way. His fingers are long and thin, his build hiding an average strength he’s gained over the years from using a bow, riding rented horses and just walking to get around and fighting if need be. He’s not the most spectacular of fighters, he prefers to sit back and watch rather than take part.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: (I’ll have to work on one!)

Written Test!

For all of his attempts to enjoy the life his parents had decided for him, a life of study and monotony, he couldn’t. Year after year had seemed to pass slower and all he wanted to do was his own thing. Explore, make mistakes, have some excitement in his life for once. Every single time the subject was bought up, any attempts to plead or bargain his way out of this stifling life that was metaphorically sucking the life out of him, he was shut down. “Your life here is more important than you think.” Were words he heard often and after the third time, was beyond tired of hearing. Yes, he loved his parents and he had a safe life where he was cared for and had a guaranteed future… but that just wasn’t enough. Reading stories of the rest of the world, of Heroes and Gods, suffering and triumph; it filled him with a sense of wonder from a young age and that sense hadn’t faded over the years. Scarcely an adult now, he was still sheltered. Overprotected, one might say.

Boredom started to make his everyday chores even more of a burden as every month passed and his spare time was spent reading and quietly planning on a way out of this life. He didn’t want to hurt his parents, they’d been nothing but loving, but if he stayed here much longer he’d surely lose his mind. If not fall into complete apathy and no one wanted that. Not when there was always a way around a problem. Even if it meant hurting the ones he loved, but their emotional pain would pass. He’d leave them a letter of course, detailing why he’d fled in the cover of night and reminding them that while he did still love them very much, he did not love this life they made for him. That it was time for their only son to find his own path in life. He knew it meant he’d have no family, he had somewhere in the world (if she still lived) an aunt who had that same Wanderlust, who was formally disowned from the family as soon as it was discovered she had left.

So be it. Perhaps in a few years, once their disappointment and anger had subsided, he could go home and visit. For now, though, he’d take on a new name as he ventured forth with the few items he could carry (and the mediocre amount of money he had) into this world.

Current Setting of the Server: For days, it rained. The coasts were battered by bolstered waves, and the fields turned to lakes that could swallow a caravan. For some, it was an omen. The evil promises came true. As the storms slipped back out to sea and the sun's auburn hues could again be seen rising over the horizon, something dark crept out from the cavern depths. A dangerous, and mysterious plague gripped Altera by ferocious surprise. At first, it was studied in quiet isolation by academics, but soon it became clear that this was no mere curse of nature. Plague beasts, monstrous mutated abominations, stormed research facilities, escalating the situation into a full scale struggle. Across the lands, people became displaced from their homes as monster and plague altered their way of life. The lands of Altera are poised in dire straits, but there is hope. The sun still shines, and opportunities for glory grow like tentative vines. All over, people are fighting, innovating and living in spite of the darkness below. Will you join them?

Of course, but oh boy what an adventure it’ll be to survive in this chaos!

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.