Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Icestorm_wolf's whitelist application [Accepted - Jase]

Winterfrost

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Icestorm_wolf

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
U.S.A.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the use of knowledge obtained through out-of-character means while roleplaying in-character. For instance, reading one of the thoughts a character has (Statements made inside of brackets) and using those thoughts against the character while roleplaying.
Powergaming is doing something that has an uncertain result but making the result definite, forcing another player's character to do something they didn't necessarily agree to do. For instance, saying that your character successfully attacked and killed another player's character without giving them a chance to defend themselves or dodge.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jase

8. Tell us about yourself!
I really enjoy drawing and reading, as well as science and math. I prefer instrumental music, and I play the flute.
I have two dogs, one of which is very tiny and very aggressive and the other of which is very big and very gentle (They're a bit backwards, but it's alright). I love Harry Potter and the wizarding world in general, as well as Alice in Wonderland (I just find the entire story rather fun). I don't really play other video games; I used to play a few, but stopped because I lost interest.
I enjoy writing about fantasy characters simply because they're so impossible, which is why I decided to join this server. :D

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was simply looking for fantasy servers and stumbled upon this one.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Sylvia

Character Age:

Character Race:
Elf (Half silver, half forest)

Appearance:
Light brown skin (Light at birth, but darkened from sun exposure), dark bluish-gray eyes, somewhat wavy dark brown hair usually pulled into a braid or tied up. She has relatively sharp features, but a softer nose.
A rather slight build like that of a silver elf, with some wiry muscle built up over time.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
I grinned at my mother as we sat crouched in the branches of a tree, simply watching the woods around us; I wanted to go hunt with the others, but I was trying to enjoy keeping her company as we waited for my father to return. My mother had lived in the woods with the forest elves for years, but thanks to the fact that she still maintained the delicate habits of the silver elves, she was too slight and willowy to hunt with the others.
The light of the setting sun danced in dappled golden patterns across the trees and my mother's snow-white face. She looked over at me, her dark blue-gray eyes, so much like my own, filled with joy and pride. "I know it's been difficult, Sylv, and it's only becoming more so, but it'll be okay. You're going to be alright." She said softly, taking off her necklace and fastening it around my neck.
"What do you mean?" I asked, reaching up and grabbing her wrists to stop her hands as my mind raced through all the reasons for her words. She looked at me, her gaze suddenly wistful. "Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. You'll find what you're looking for. I love you, Sylv."
She freed herself from my grip and finished fastening the necklace around my neck, turning to look out at the forest again as the wind began to pick up. It grew stronger and stronger, and all at once I knew what was going to happen. She stood up and readied herself to leap from the tree. "No, let me go after Dad!" I shouted, but my words were swept uselessly away by the wind as she leapt down from the tree. I jumped up, launching myself out of the tree and racing after her. Rain began to fall down into the forest, shining droplets falling down flowers and leaves like liquid crystals. The water created smears across my glasses and stung my eyes, but still I ran. I tried to scream, but all that came was a choked whimper as rain poured into my mouth, flooding my lungs. "You'll find what you're looking for." My mother's voice echoed through the forest, somehow louder than the screaming rain, pouring down so heavily it was like running through an ocean. "How can I find what I'm looking for if I don't know what it is?!" I choked out, falling to my knees and clutching at my sides to keep out whatever little cold I could. I was drowning in the middle of the woods for the thousandth time, but still I was no closer to learning why than the first time.

I opened my eyes to see the ornately decorated white walls of the bedroom in my aunt's home. I had spent my early childhood here, but now these visits to my mother's family in Arget had become something I simultaneously loved and hated.
My mother's family, silver elves of noble ranking, didn't exactly approve of her decision to marry my father, a hunter among the forest elves. They didn't dislike my father and I, but they did do their best to turn me into one of them during my visits, even more so after my mother's death. I didn't mind their pampering much, except when...
"Sylvia!" My aunt burst into the room in a rare show of excitement, her mask pulled down and hanging loosely around her neck. I saw a white mask in her hands and couldn't help but frown at it. "Look at what I've gotten for you." She held up the mask, smiling as she waited for my reaction. When I only stared at her blankly, she began to speak, though less enthusiastically than before. "Your skin is, well... unfit for such a gentle and lovely girl. You shouldn't be running around in the sun so much." Years in the forest and the sun had turned my once-light skin to a light bronze color, though I was still (annoyingly) lighter than my father and the other forest elves. "Auntie, I appreciate this, but I live with the forest elves. I don't need these things."
"You can still have skin like us, or try to dress properly." She remarked, looking pointedly at the loose white shirt and black pants I was wearing. She held up a dark blue robe, smiling widely. "If you wear things like this during your times here, you'll look like a silver elf in no time at all." I attempted a smile that felt more like a grimace as I nodded resignedly. "Alright, Auntie."
"Good! Your mother would've been pleased." No, she wouldn't have, I knew, but I put on the robes without protest.
I walked out of the house later that day, suddenly in unfamiliar, long blue robes that swished and swirled around my limbs like whispers of wind. I wandered through the city, hoping to visit some of its libraries before I left. They were my favorite part of my visits here - those lovely buildings full of books and knowledge and learning.
I'd always loved the sciences and usually came to the libraries to read about them, but this time I was visiting in search of something a bit less logical. Something so obscure that I wasn't even sure I'd find it there, but I had to try.
"Sylvia, good to see you here again." I turned around to see one of my aunt's friends standing behind me. "Hello." I said quietly, trying to figure out how to convince her to leave me be. "Are you going to the library?" I opened my mouth to reply, but she started talking again, her voice suddenly wistful. "Ah, I remember when you used to live here. You were always running off to those books." She shook her head. "Off you go, then. Enjoy them while you're here." I nodded and scurried off, trying not to be too rough with my silk robes.
Soon I was at the library, taking a moment to stare in awe at all the books. Had it really been just two years ago that I'd been coming here with my mother next to me? It felt both like just a moment and an entire eternity since I'd last seen her. "I'll find what I'm looking for." I said softly, fingering my mother's necklace as I walked into the library to do exactly that.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey! Thank you for your application to Hollowworld! Unfortunately, there is one small thing that I want to fix before I can whitelist you!
  • In terms of keeping things simple, we do not allow mixed race traits. Your character may have a mother who is a silver elf, and a dad being a forest elf, but for simplicity, you may only have race traits of one of your parent races. You may want to give this a read - [Click me!].
Let me know when you have made the appropriate changes, and I will take another look at it! Winterfrost

Winterfrost

Villager
Hey! Thank you for your application to Hollowworld! Unfortunately, there is one small thing that I want to fix before I can whitelist you!
  • In terms of keeping things simple, we do not allow mixed race traits. Your character may have a mother who is a silver elf, and a dad being a forest elf, but for simplicity, you may only have race traits of one of your parent races. You may want to give this a read - [Click me!].
Let me know when you have made the appropriate changes, and I will take another look at it! Winterfrost
Alright! I didn't think I'd given her any of her father's traits, but I guess it's my fault for not specifying why her skin was darker than a regular silver elf's. ^^ It's been fixed, thank you! Jase

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Alright! I didn't think I'd given her any of her father's traits, but I guess it's my fault for not specifying why her skin was darker than a regular silver elf's. ^^ It's been fixed, thank you! Jase
Just to be clear-
In terms of character race, Sylvia would be either a silver elf or a forest elf. Having a mother being a silver elf and a dad being forest elf is fine though. But seeing as I think you know that-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.