Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Icewarden's Application [Accepted - Jinny]

Icewarden

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Cynarinas

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have, as well as other resources. I'm trying to get as much as I can find before I jump into roleplay, due to the fact that I find it hard to roleplay something with lorebound information unless I know everything about the world. Thaaat's why I eventually caved into creating my own fantasy headworld.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information that you've received outside of a roleplay interaction ((such as through Discord, or an OOC chat)) that benefits you in some way, when your character should have no reason to know this information. This is unfair and defeats the purpose of secrets, but also makes your character an omniscient mindreader thing, which is kind of annoying to play against.
I'll use the Reveal function in Paladins to explain this. The Reveal function tells you the exact location of an enemy player or enemy team with an orange outline. This gives you the ability to see where the enemy is at all times (through walls and with Stealth, especially) while they can't see you, giving you an advantage. This can be considered metagaming ((if only it weren't a game function)) because you're given an advantage of knowing things you shouldn't, and being able to act accordingly.

Powergaming can be defined as two things, in my eyes. One way would be "Deus Ex Machina," where a problem is suddenly solved with a previously unestablished/external solution, such as having your friend jump in out of nowhere and save you from a robbery, or suddenly discovering you have magical telepathy powers in the middle of a fight. The other way ((the way it was probably meant to be)) would be having an almost all-powerful character who wins every encounter and not being fair to the other party by not allowing them to have a choice in the situation. An example of this would be having your character survive a fatal blow, or blocking/countering every move the enemy throws through circumstances like this;
P1: P1 slid under P2's feet and knocked P2 over with accuracy.
P2: P2 fell to the floor, rolling over and shielding their eyes. P2 prepared to dodge another attack.
P1: P1 drew out their sword and struck P2 right across the jugular, nm nn. "You're dead."
P1: "Isn't that powergaming?
P2: "You can't speak, you're dead."

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, as they're unfair and frankly boring. There's no fun when everything is handed to you on an illegal silver platter.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Charybdis. It's a nice name. Greek Mythology is nice in general.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello! My name is Icewarden, call me as you wish. I've never actually joined a Minecraft roleplay group before-- I thought roleplaying on Minecraft was too much of a headache, especially since I find group roleplays to be hard enough-- so this might be an exciting new experience for me. I'm 14, my birthday was a little less than a week ago as of 11/28/18. I enjoy playing games, drawing and writing in my free time. The game I play literally daily is Paladins: Champions of the Realm, a team-based FPS game similar to Overwatch. It's really fun. I'd know, I hit 200 hours in 4-5 months or so, and I've never played a game that much considering my schedule.
I'm currently participating in my school's musical production. Despite having absolutely no theatre experience before this, I really enjoy acting and being dramatic, and so I landed a pretty decent part. I don't know what I want to do in my future, but now theatre is an option, I guess. I used to play piano for my local community center, but I've found less time to practice as the years went on.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm an artist and a writer, though I haven't done a major piece in quite a while. Still learning how to do humans, and so I don't have too many digital pieces.
1. Lian - High Elf Lian (Paladins: Champions of the Realm) View attachment 96401 An anatomy study I cropped. Lian's High Elf skin was actually a huge inspiration for Lianne, surprise surprise. The characters themselves are different in their own ways, but I still took the name because Lian is pretty and elf-ish.
2. Blush (My friend's Wings of Fire OC) View attachment 96402 The image is too big for me to display in full res, so you may PM me if you wish to see the full post. This was actually drawn back in July, but I still really like it.
3. Cichlid (My other friend's Wings of Fire OC) View attachment 96403 A birthday gift for my friend, also made some time back in July. The last half of the summer was a huge time for "hey, I should draw a bunch of really big pieces" and I ended up getting really bad artistic burnout. Still suffering almost 4 months later. haha

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I've been looking for roleplay servers for a while, across different platforms such as Instagram and Discord. I started off Minecraft roleplay in Hypixel housing, where someone suggested a very active group to me. I thought it was too involved for me, a big community with intricate lore I found hard to keep up with, and so I kept looking. I referred myself, I guess? Nobody really told me to look for these groups, I just decided I wanted to try something new.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Lianne Adzana Mirasatra (lee-AHNN ah-DZAH-nuh mee-ruh-SAH-tra)

Character Age:
Around 22 in a human age equivalent? I wasn't too sure about how to portray her age, whoops.

Character Race:
(Forest) Elf

Appearance:
Lianne isn't the most clean-looking elf out there, but she makes an effort to clean up her appearance every so often. She has medium-length, wavy, deep auburn-brown hair, often times tying up her hair into a messy bun or simply leaving it down. Her skin is pale with pink tint, with hazel freckles faintly dotting across her nose bridge and cheeks-- these freckles can be seen sporadically across her body, along her arms and collarbone most prominently. She has almost silvery jade green eyes and a softly chiseled oval facial shape. Her body shape is reminiscent of a discreet hourglass figure due to the binding of her chest when she began working.
Lianne can almost never be seen without her maroon scarf, but on normal days she wears half of a washed-out cloak, boots and various different armors. She's never been one to care too much about getting dirty, but then again, still takes the best care of her small wardrobe as possible between daily duties.

Picture of the Skin:
View attachment 96394View attachment 96398View attachment 96399View attachment 96400

Lianne has a scar going down her lower right leg. This was from when she was climbing a tree and fell when she was younger. She still has a noticeable limp when running or putting pressure on that leg, but has otherwise been working to return strength to that leg ever since.

Written Test!

The sun, how it shined on the treetops, gave the lively foliage a golden yellow glow that could make any Forest Elf happy. The forest was a happy place, as it was for Lianne. The little elfling loved everything about her life-- how could anyone not, in a place like this? She couldn’t even imagine, everything was perfect.

Tree climbing was a favorite hobby of the elfling’s. It was exciting, AND it was about trees! Double exciting, really.

“Ma!” Lianne turned around and shouted to her mother, who followed the elfling not far away. The taller elf, who had been staring down and around the grassy turf around her, looked up at her daughter, squinting ever so slightly as the vibrant sunlight flashed in her eyes. “Ma, look! I want to climb this tree!” Lianne pointed to a tree that towered far, far over her head. She had to look up just to see a few boughs of the tree, which looked ancient and sturdy-- if not for the few fallings, likely caused by other elflings climbing up and down. She turned around, observing her mother as she looked up and down the tree.

The mother looked back down at her child, who happened to be bouncing very excitedly and making lots of noise. She chuckled, bringing a tender hand to her mouth as she smiled. “I know you’re excited, but please be careful, Peanut.” The elfling looked disappointed, but didn’t stop bouncing and squealing. “That’s a really big tree there. Maybe you can climb a smaller one for now, and save that one for when you’re older.”

“Nooooo, I don’t want to do that! Older is too long, I want to go now!” Lianne squealed. Her mother sighed, half with amusement and the other half pure defeat.

“Alright, Peanut.” She sniffed a laugh back. “Be careful, and don’t go too high.”

“Stop calling me thaaat.” The little elfling whined. Her mother patted her back and giggled, signaling for the tree as a wordless permission. With glee, Lianne rushed towards the tree, not even bothering to take off her scarf. It would’ve been smart, considering how easily it got stuck and caught in branches, but anticipation and the fact that she’d never take off her scarf kept her running.

The elf vaulted forward, latching onto a lower segment of the trunk and began hopping around. She maneuvered around, her mother watching with merriment as she watched her child make her way up the tree. It was larger than most of the trees she’s climbed before, but that didn’t even make the elfling reconsider as she hopped from branch to branch, eyes glistening with happiness.

“Ma, ma! Watch this!” She wobbled, hopping to a thick trough. She was only a fraction up the tree by now, but there was a noticeable decline in bumps and boughs that she could safely grip. Hugging the leader of the tree, she looked down, eyes scouting the forest floor. She must’ve turned around as she looked for more platforms, because she didn’t remember the trees looking like this. Lianne shouted out again, confused. “Ma?”

After receiving no reply-- a cause she hadn’t really thought about was her height and how not-loud her voice was-- she decided to bound over the next bough by herself, which was almost two heads over her. Preparing for a leap, she squatted, one hand resting against the trunk. Something wobbled under her, but the elfling really couldn’t tell if that was her legs shaking or the tree. Lianne shook her head, taking a deep breath and bracing for a jump.

Lianne felt hesitant for the first time since touching the tree, strangely enough. Worry had no time to set in as she surged forward. Except, something was wrong, she realized too late.

All the energy that went into her jump left the branch under her especially weak, a part of the onset just being from her weight on a branch that wasn’t supposed to hold anything heavier than a fat squirrel. She wasn’t supposed to stay on the branch this long. Hesitation is a killer, literally.

Time went slow for a moment. Lianne heard a crack, a loud crack, and right after that moment, her senses may as well have stopped working. She felt nothing but wind. Wind, and tree branches-- or rather, the feeling of something cold and sharp attacking her from every direction. The elfling realized another thing too late.

Falling, falling, fell.

edit:: removed an extra attachment

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+