Inactive Region Destruction

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
+Region Destruction+
Greetings, players. A region destruction occurs as we attempt to reduce ghost towns and maintain to condense RP to active towns. Everyone is usually effected in this endeavor, whether you're part of the region as a citizen character, own one, or co-own one. Destruction occurs when an Owner of a region is inactive for 6+ months (often becoming de-whitelisted or merely just fading from activity with only 1 or two logins every 2-4 months spanning the 6 months.) and the region is abandoned with no effort by an active Co-Owner to keep it maintained. If the owner doesn't get online and transfer ownership to an active player, the region will have to be deleted with no refund. They will also become victim to server events and destruction. This is a heads up thread though, so while some of these regions won't be immediately ruined, the ones that have been inactive for over 6 months will be wrecked fairly quickly. When a region is destroyed, all the chests and valuable building blocks will be removed. The region builds will become 'ruins' due to obvious lack of maintenance and activity by characters at the region. The abandoned dock ships from the region will be left to server property if the builder of the ship makes no claim for it.

A Co-Owner of the region, however, can make an appeal form to maintain the region as long as they can while the Owner's absent. This way, the region can avoid being ruined and the town can continue to be actively running. A regular player cannot appeal to maintain the region they do not Co-Own due to lack of abilities in adding members, etc.

An Owner, Co-Owner or Builder of certain long standing builds of the region can have those builds preserved from destruction while the rest goes to ruins, until another player claims the plots.

Being active for a short while and disappearing again wont fix the inactivity timer. However, if you transfer the region, the timer will reset to whoever you transfer it to.
+The command to transfer regions is: /domain transfer [region] [player]

Now here's the lists:

+Hmm.. List
[Your regions are inactive, heads up. Please do log in more often if you wish to keep your regions. About 2-3 months of Owner inactivity (some with 2-3 log-ins in that time span, as that's not activity, unless they make it clear they're continuing their projects). An active Co-Owner can appeal to say they're maintaining the region as their priority project. If activity in the region is decent, then region will be sent to the "Safe Zone". It'll still be on the list so that the Owner is aware that if the Co-Owner decides to not maintain the region, it will be sent to the Yikes or Doomed List for evacuation depending on Owner's activity.]

Region: capecrow
Owner: @electricwisekid
Owners last login: Spotty logging for last 6 months

Region: eisenheim
Owner: 223hero7
Owners last login: 3 months

Region: ff, greyling
Owner: Jak
Owners last login:Spotty logging for last 6 months

Region: arduin, oren, varynhall, etena,
Owner: TheDeester

Region: manor
Owner: Mryosi AdmiralAegir

Region: scalliwag, time
Owner: Piratep00f
Owners last login:
Spotty activity for several months

Region: stonemines
Owner: The Living Ghost
Owners last login:

Region: theloa
Owner: @Treeboy__
Owners last login:

Region: montesserenissimi
Owner: ArkianDragon
Owners last login: Has refunded, remove from list if active by 24/09/18

+Somewhat-Safe Zone
[There is an active Co-Owner that's maintaining the region despite an inactive Owner and has appealed to do so. If the Co-Owner decides to drop the region as their priority project due to effort and time, it will be re-sent to the queue for destruction. The Somewhat-Safe Zone relies on the Co-Owner's interest in keeping up the region's activity.]

Region: bodejodel
Owner: bs
Owners last login: Region owner has spotty login. But assuming Jstar and DraconDarknight are maintaining the region.

+Yiiiikes List
[The last chance list: Regions that have been inactive for late 4+ months, with Owner inactivity and active Co-Owner disinterest in keeping the region maintained, very close to destruction. Signs of showing attempts at activity will help, but if it's not a continuous effort, the region will be doomed eventually. Handing the region to another will reset the timer to their activity. This is your last chance to evacuate or change hands!]

Region: Trehjem
Owner: Halendar
Owners last login: Spotty activity for several months

Region: hushedgrove
Owner: Spirit
Owners last login:

Region: Montivilliers, Sungrad
Owner: @MrIMineHard

Region: reserve
Owner: Hai_Paladin

Region: rc
Owner: @Tempy_
Owners last login:

Region: riena
Owner: Overlord2305
Owners last login:

Region: newfalandraal
Owner: HogoShi_Kitsune
Owners last login:

Region: tidewater
Owner: Spooksy_
Owners last login: Was on the list before because of activity. 4months now

Region: underwood
Owner: Raykaystar
Owners last login:

Region: damocles, republic, vardrelvessel
Owner: FrostGuardian
Owners last login: Spotty logging for last 6 months

+DOOMED List
[There has been no successful (or any at all) attempt for region re-activity. Your regions will be deleted. Over 5+ months. Immediate Delete List]

Region: daiyamatuus, veinatuus, skyreach, eot
Owner: Michcat
Owners last login: 6 months ago

Note: Need more solid plans and confirmations of which regions are going to who.
---

Deleted:

Region: duskspear
Owner: Catalyst
Owners last login:
6 months

Region: delphinos
Owner: RexJen
Owners last login: 6 months

Region: temple
Owner: Tutoreploaie Tutore
Owners last login: 4 months
Edit: Seen a few logins, but they aren't enough

Region: yggdrasil
Owner: GabbyTavvy MorbidGabby

Region: lorna
Owner: Gibbs @Gibble_The_Dwarf

Region: telharana
Owner: Aldervon @Auxilius

Region: meermotte
Owner: JCST_Cap Cap
Owners last login: - 4 months

Region: slcintw
Owner: mineturtletrap
Owners last login: - 8 months

Region: conlake
Owner: SpartanDory
Owners last login: - 8 months

Region: lark
Owner: rauyran
Owners last login: - Nearly 6 months, Big gaps in activity.

Region: arrown
Owner: @Wieczarrow

Region: dyflinn
Owner: @Cranky_Varangian

Region: ghulbrucke
Owner: sadko12345
Owners last login: 8+m

Last edited by a moderator:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
+Form Appeals+

Below are different forms to appeal for different situations regarding a region that's entered the long queue for destruction. Please read all the posts before deciding which form is more suited for you and your region.
Co-Owner's are defined as one person and won't be interchanged to another at all. They're usually the ones actively working on the region and coordinating events/builds/rp, etc. If there is more than one appeal for the region by different Co-Owners, then discuss it among yourselves on who will take up reigns.

+When Co-Owners request to keep the region alive, without destruction, during Owner long gaps of absence- due to taking reigns in keeping the region active with rp, events and/or builds. Forum conversation or thread post below is acceptable.

MC ign:
Co-Owner of region:
Why do you specifically wish to maintain the region and how will you go about it?:

[Write here]
"As the current Co-Owner, I plan to maintain the place through Rp/Events/Building and will keep the region active during the Owners absence. I know that when my interest and activity dwindles on the region, the region will be set back up for destruction because the Owner's not active at all and has not transferred the region to me to reset the timer. I know I can't hand Co-Ownership to another person if I get tired of the region so that they can keep it alive because I took up the responsibility, but I will coordinate the region for the time the Owner's gone."

If there is literally no one still actively doing something with the region as a Co-Owner while the Owner's absent for a long time, regions going to be plopped back to destruction.

+When Owners request transfer to one current Co-Owner through a forum conversation.
Owners can't transfer their regions to any players if they aren't able to log in. They'd have to choose from their current Co-Owners. This goes the same for banned players. Banned players can only use the forum conversation to request a transfer to a Co-Owner. This is to make sure we can track forum accounts to MC accounts. If there is an ounce of suspicion on legitimacy in the requests made (false accounts), it might be declined.

If you're able to log in, then please use the command yourself.

For Owners
MC ign:
Owner of this region:
Co-Owner you wish to transfer to:
[MC ign and forum tag]
"I give the region I own to this Co-Owner. I know that what they do with it won't be dictated by my vision for the region and their plans for it will be their own. If it differs from what we planned, then I can't complain because the region is now their responsibility. I know I cannot later demand to have the region back."

For Co-Owners
MC ign:
Co-Owner of this region:
Owner of region is:
[MC ign and forum tag]
"I plan to accept the region because I will [Insert paragraph of potential plans for the region here.]"

+When you are an Owner or Builder of a region or build (Co-Owner in case of absent Owner) and you wish to preserve a few important buildings before destruction.. Conversation or post below is acceptable.
In some cases, the Owner accepts region destruction, but a builder, owner, co-owner wishes to preserve some builds. They can make an appeal below by filling the form. Appealing to preserve the build (such as a palace, statue, shrine, something important), requires a consent from Owners and Builders alike. (By preserving, means the build stays in place and is not WE'ed out). The build will avoid the process of being ruined. However, if it holds valuable blocks such as diamonds or emeralds and chests- those will be removed. Be sure you know that if someone claims the region, they might modify it. The preservation of a build will carry under server protection until someone claims the plot of the build.

For Owners of a region/Co-Owner of region/Builder of a building in that region

MC ign:
Region involved:
Owner of region: [MC ign and forum tag]
Do you have their approval?:
Builder of build/s: [MC ign and forum tag]

Do you have their approval?:
Building/s you wish to preserve:
Please explain why you believe the build/s should be preserved and what importance they hold:

Are you aware the region will still be destroyed and that in the case if neither Owner or builder approve the builds being preserved, the appeal will be declined? (On occasions of internal dispute, please sort it out before hand. On occasions where owner is absent- request a Co-Owner to stand in for approval.)

Are you aware the server protection of not ruining the build holds until someone claims the plot the build is on?

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
+FAQ+

Why are regions being deleted?
To maintain an RP active world and less abandoned/ghost towns, players who've left the server for long periods of time and have abandoned their projects will have said projects 'cleaned' up, in a way. This is to make way for new projects and/or to condense projects towards active towns.

How can I save my region?
Transfer it to someone you know will maintain it. The command is listed above.

I bought my region for storing all my things- a personal and private region. I want to keep it but I don't want to share it.
That's your decision. Stay active and you can continue to do so. It's when you're gone for 5+ months, only hopping in once every 3 months and/or de-whitelisted that we have to put our foot down to start cleaning up regions and ghost towns. How about purchasing a "Pocket" for storage instead of a region?

I noticed some Staff members aren't too active in-game, but they get to maintain their regions. You're favoring them more than the players!11!
Hell yea. I'm going easier on Staff Owned Regions because the times they're active on the forums and in-game are times they have to work for the playerbase as a whole. They have very little time to work on their own regions, building and RP wise.

I am upset about losing my region. I don't want to give it away, but I don't have the time for this.
..I'm sorry. Perhaps it's time to let go? Take screenshots for the memories.

My Alt actually bought the Region. I'm pretty active on my Main.
Send me your main account ign and I'll check up on that.

Who's going to destroy the regions?
The Build Team or myself.

I want to set my region up for destruction and ruin earlier than what you have scheduled here.
...Ok. I'll only accept this if the Owner's vying for it. It won't be immediate and will be set up in a queue, but is plausible.

I'm the Owner.. Why can't I give Ownership to any player? Why does it have to be a Co-Owner?
The Command is limited to transffering ownership to Co-Owners.

Who do I send a conversation to for transferring Ownership?
solus

What if there's more than one Co-Owner?
Decide among yourselves who wants to take lead.

Credit:
solus : Overall project
Niek Morenta Somnastra Lannis : For focus and flow of discussion
Baron: Inputting discussion
Antilogy : Appeal form for preserving region builds via notes from his thread here [x]
Several players for their suggestions
Sally for original post

Warwolf for doing the do

Archives:
Region: Eastmere, nova
Owner: Acu20
Owners last login: Banned March 2015

Region: Wolfstadt
Owner: Itstywin
Owners last login: May 2015

Region: Valenor
Owner: Thedarkfool

Region: Gildiheim
Owner: Aloctor
Owners last login: Banned, March 2015

Region: Karoxec
Owner: Nacidous
Owners last login: September 15th 2014

Region: vaeveriik
Owner: Genesis2
Owners last login: November 2014

Region: dara
Owner: crazyguy1916
Owners last login: August 1st 2014

Region: Stoke
Owner: Greycloud3
Owners last login: August 7th 2014

Region: Barum
Owner: Tonilol99
Owners last login: December 2014

Region: Westerway
Owner: erazz Erazz

Region: steelfist
Owner: armykender
Owners last login: ..Several months.. 6+. No activity at all.

Region: Forestguard
Owner: megadonkey30
Owners last login: Banned

Region: Eadehleskal
Owner: sewsassy
Owners last login: July 2015

Region: crelow
Owner:570rmhunter

Region: frostfall
Owner: ad245

Region: caerghyll
Owner: boulderpaul

Region: mt_snowfall (mt)
Owner: itzzaboy

Region: Makorath_Estate
Owner: xbarbariangaming

Region: hound ru
Owner: sigurd700
Owners last login: 1 year, 5 months, 25 days.

Region: birchwood
Owner: silverrain4 Mad Hatter
Owners last login: August 2015

Region: spiritshaven
Owner: MageProtocol
Owners last login: September 2015

Region: nadindel
Owner: humpfries123

Region: sylvia
Owner: itsnotval

Region: fort_renatus
Owner: mrpolo13, minibun1342 (alt)
Owners last login: October 2015

Region: siyhlanis
Owner: woolsey_Is

Region: sonne
Owner: AlyssaRK

Region: elliana, mavria
Owner: sobekra
Owners last login: November 2015
Note: 6 months of inactivity.

Region: dwrn_cerrig
Owner: mrpolo13, minibun1342 (alt)

Region: folksmight
Owner: itsnotval

Region: Novus
Owner: humpfries123

Region: almosta, arivae
Owner: Strudelicious, Tayohud
Owners last login: November 2015

Last edited by a moderator:

Solus

Solzilla
Staff member
Server Owner
I've been informed some of these folks are over 6 months. I'll be giving it a few days to a week as folks have not been tagged here, but the 6months and warning have been known for 2-3 years now.

Ayda

The Cinnamon Roll
Staff member
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
The list has been updated. I've pinpointed more on those who've logged in only a few times in the last 6 months, if not more.
Ayda She's still shown as the owner- if it's changed, I can fix it..

https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/full-region-refunds-open.39698/
Please, if anyone is in danger of losing your regions, you can refund it. Refunding and repurchasing will not reset your timer, however. Only actual activity will.
Is this the one that's TinyBlueberry's property?

ArkianDragon

It took a lot to get here
Heyyo - just an update. I've become a co-owner of Hai_Paladin's region called montesserenissimi

So, should I just put a form appeal here or PM it to one of y'all since I plan to take it over very soon and start building on it etc.

Warwolf

The Assassin
Staff member
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Heyyo - just an update. I've become a co-owner of Hai_Paladin's region called montesserenissimi

So, should I just put a form appeal here or PM it to one of y'all since I plan to take it over very soon and start building on it etc.
If you could make a forum PM with myself and Solus, that'd be great. Add Hai too if possible to help validate this all. Thanks.