Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Incursion Campaign

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Folks have dungeon world, can make their own beasts, can submit their own lore-

Why not make your own thing instead of waiting?
1. Dungeon world, check. However players still have limitations on what they can make compared to staff folks. Staff get access to infinite materials, and WE that can make the time sink of dropping in large projects significantly easier. I.E. Design a super detailed wall? Either wait and put in a copy request to have it copied on the other side for you, place the entire 15 tall, by 150 long design up again yourself. Both take significant amount of time that even with resources like Schematica cannot compare to.

2. So far no player made beasts have been released, so this is a pre mature assumption. We have yet to see how much freedom in design, lore and rewards are available to people or how long they will have to wait but this is a point I will get to. The feature thus is 'released' but has yet to successfully publish its first creature. Also we have no idea how long people will have to wait between submission and use in game.

Edit: I have since been informed their are in fact player made creatures in the wild but there have been zero lore posts on the forums about them as of yet. So I was wrong here. Still hard to judge my points above without seeing the lore posted.

3. Tying into my previous point I submitted my Silver Elf culture lore Nov 18, 2016. It was approved on Feb 13, 2017. This is Or 2 months, 27 days including the end date or 24.11% of a year. Then lets get into the issue of features announced by staff that have yet to come up, Somnastra posted the Discipline overview that included four schools of magic not three on July 8, 2015, it has been asked multiple times by various folks when its going to show up and we keep getting told its being worked on.

Last edited:

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Formistry has a Magus sorted and will be releasing in the Summer. It's something I've taken on my back so direct hate at me if it doesn't go proper.

Credits to Ced and his team of writers for working on it.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Folks have dungeon world, can make their own beasts, can submit their own lore-

Why not make your own thing instead of waiting?
Sure people are acting like this is some outrageous suggestion but I have done exactly this in regard to my current chain and it is completely accessible to every player out there but yes, you do have to put effort into these things.

Meanwhile, I have these events set up, I have set up 3 separate dungeons for people to find and explore around my event chain, have submitted and had approved my new bestiary submission yet so far in regards to the main events I have actually had a rather low turnout for it. In fact, thus far only a single group has actually gone through the process I have set up to try to interact with it. Other than that I had a slight bump in activity after starting to DM my beast- but that is actually only a side attraction to the events. Then I see posts like these and posts complaining that there are no events in which people go out and can investigate mysterious stuff. Things that I have actively tried to create for the player base. But then again, I'm not event staff, my campaign is deemed as a player campaign and so people seem to be less likely to interact with it when I have likely put in just as much effort.

1. Dungeon world, check. However players still have limitations on what they can make compared to staff folks. Staff get access to infinite materials, and WE that can make the time sink of dropping in large projects significantly easier. I.E. Design a super detailed wall? Either wait and put in a copy request to have it copied on the other side for you, place the entire 15 tall, by 150 long design up again yourself. Both take significant amount of time that even with resources like Schematica cannot compare to.
I am around nearly constantly IG, it is not any harder to get help with your dungeon in regard to both WorldEditing and VoxelSnipe than messaging me to see if I'm busy. Most things I can help with in only a few minutes so I am always happy to lend a hand if someone wants help to craft a bigger and better dungeon and in fact I would love to. Yet so far I've only been asked by Glados. You act as if it is a giant burden to ask us for help but at least for myself I would be happy to help with whatever players need to make the best events possible.

Edit: I have since been informed their are in fact player made creatures in the wild but there have been zero lore posts on the forums about them as of yet. So I was wrong here. Still hard to judge my points above without seeing the lore posted.
I know you edited your second point but I feel like I can shed some light on why there has been no lore posted at least in my case. I have neglected posting lore about my beast because I want to give players the opportunity to investigate the beast IC, to study it and discover the lore for themselves rather than posting it all publically, making IC investigations completely null. I can't speak for the others who have been approved, but my bestiary submission took less than a week to get fully approved and even before that they were talking to me and helping me perfect it and giving me feedback.

And lastly, yeah it sucks that the last event campaign has kinda come to a sudden standstill where we're all left wondering what happened and hopefully now that summer has come there will be something more to come. But there are others trying to help fill in the down time, it just seems like a majority of players either do not see player hosted events as valid enough or simply don't care to wander outside of their clique to explore a number of opportunities out there. Also posting memes and images in response to valid posts about the issue and things you can do helps absolutely no one.

Last edited: