Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Infinity Island

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Hello ladies and gents! I'm here with a new game concept and I need your help!

The plot of the game is that there is an island rumoured to be ever expanding. From the ocean it appears to be a large but ordinary island, yet no one has ever explored it all, why?

The nearby kingdoms wish to send their best people. Warriors, intellectuals, sorcerers, hikers, etc to explore the entirety of the island and claim the territory as their own, but darker and more powerful forces may be at work here...

So where do you guys come in? Well, the purpose of the Hollowworld community is twofold.

1) Characters, lots and lots of characters. I'd like people to contribute ideas for characters into this thread, whether it simply be transferring their own Hollowworld Character(s) into the game or coming up with entirely new concepts. BE CREATIVE! There are many possible mechanics that could be implemented into the game and I'd like to venture into them.

2) Testers. It would be great if some people would volunteer to test the game and provide feedback, it's always helpful :D

I will explain a little more into the character requirement and what I'd be asking people to do.

So you want a bunch of powerful fighters, right?
No, not exactly. While combat will definitely be prevalent in the game and in some cases unavoidable, there are many roles that need filling. We need those skilled at orienteering, hiking and craftsmanship as they will also be vital to the game. Orienteering characters will have abilities including finding hidden rooms and the like, hikers will be able to traverse hazardous and otherwise impassable terrain and craftspeople will be able to make equipment. This is by no means a limit to alternative classes, merely 3 examples.
This does not mean that fighters, mages, rangers and the like are not wanted, we need those too! It's simply that the game will not be 100% centralized around fighting.

Will it be a solo run of one character?
No. Whether it will be a team all the way through or temporary allies here or there I haven't decided, but it will definitely not be a solo run all the way through. (unless there's some sort of lone wolf class? Hmmm...)

Will the maps be procedurally generated?
I'm afraid not. The maps will be hand made and hopefully the quality of that will shine through.

What's the setting?
Medieval, high fantasy, possible magic-tech.

Will there be a storyline behind the game?
Yes. There are multiple factions in the game and I hope to have them squaring off at points in the game. Aside from that, there will be a deeper plot, but no spoilers!

So, what are these factions?

I'm glad you asked.
Name: Corvius (Kor-vy-us)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Figurehead: -
Desc: One of the most powerful factions of the land, the Corvius are a lawful, justice driven people. Protecting the weak and spreading good throughout the land, they are not afraid to charge into battle to destroy injustice and preserve the law.

Name: Valux (Vah-lux)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Desc: Rivaling the power of the Corvius, the Valux are almost polar opposites to their ancient enemies. Questionable morals, military superiority and strict dictatorship are the name of the game here. Using fear to drive and enslave the people, the Valux prize power over all else.

Name: Shu'Ket (Shoe- kett)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Desc: A tribal peoples, the Shu'Ket are the closest geographically to Infinity Island. Tribal religion is dominant on the island, worship to many gods a staple and putting the will of their gods before all else, the Shu'Ket deem Infinity Island to be sacred, and will destroy anyone who looks to claim it as their own.

Name: Astar (Ah-star)
Alignment: Neutral
Desc: A people who believe in the power of the cosmos, the Astar live on mountain ranges far from the cities, away from the wars and strife of the rest of the world. Recently, the Astar have been hit by an awful curse, and the people believe that Infinity Island may hold the key to breaking that curse.

Name: Zurlskat (Zurl-skaat)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Desc: To say that the cities of the Zurlskat are overcrowded is an understatement. Multiple families of 10+ living in houses fit for only 4, crime rates through the proverbial roof, food and clean water a constant shortage and disease rampant, Zurlskat is sandwiched between both Valux and Corvius, unable to expand. So when the leaders of the Zurlskat heard of an infinite island, it was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Name: Liversea (Live-err-see)
Desc: Here be pirates, thieves, cutthroats for hire, you get the idea. Liversea is home to the morally challenged and the spiritually free. A haven for those who wish to be free of the law, you can find all sorts of men and women for hire, for the right price.

Name: Clinker
Desc: While technological and magical experimentation is common across the land, there is none who do so more rampantly, dangerously and immorally as the Clinker. Never caring for their own (or anyone elses) safety, the Clinker have made tremendous leaps and bounds in both scientific and magical fields, but at a great cost. Many of the people here have missing limbs, damaged limbs, extra limbs, skins of multiple inhuman shades, etc, but it's never stopped them, barely hindered them. Missing limbs just means more need for mechanical limbs.

Name: Jiriya (Ji-rye-ah)
Alignment: ???
Figurehead: ???
Desc: These bunch of oddballs have only been found on Infinity Island, part of a cult following to some greater dark power. That's all anyone really knows.

To put forward a character, please fill in the following:

Character Name:
Alignment:
Aligned Faction:
Role/specialties:
Weaknesses:
Goal (why are they going to Infinity Island? For their Faction, or for a personal need?):
Image of character:
Anything else we need to know:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Character Name: Tybalt Rhett
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Aligned Faction: Loosely to the Shu'ket
Role/specialties: Your Lone wolf class ;), Archery, tracking, forestry/survival
Weaknesses:Can't wear Heavy equipment or learn magic.
Goal (why are they going to Infinity Island? For their Faction, or for a personal need?): Wants to go to a remote land away from people. Also to watch over his tribal Freinds as they are going.
Image of character: image.jpg
Anything else we need to know: likes potatoes.