Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Instrumental] Nid Arach - Theme

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've finally found the tune that fits Nid Arach and I want to share it with everyone who has visited here.
Do you feel like this fits the region? I got inspired to make it sound a bit like the Diablo I soundtrack, though I am not skilled enough with a guitar to make it sound as flawless as them.
So here is what I think the theme of Nid Arach would have been if it was a place in a game like Diablo I.

I'll break it down and explain what I did.

Intro:
The high strings that repeat the same melody represent the visitor.
It starts as if from a distance, the visitor approaches.
It starts slow and soft, like the first few hesitant footsteps someone might take towards the fortress.
The melody is eerie, a feeling of unrest from the unsettling atmosphere.
It's haunting.

First part:
It builds up then, the visitor is determined to come closer and explore.
Nerves build up, approaching Nid Arach.
The visitor gets on edge, their heart starts beating faster,
their eyes shoot from wall to building, hoping to spot anything before it spots them.

Second part:
This continues for a while until they reach the fortress, where the deep bass starts.
The bass, without any high notes, symbolizes how someone might become beside themselves from the sheer size of the large evil looking fortress and the gore that surrounds it. Impressed and outside of themselves, they regard it, before suddenly hastily realizing that they are still in danger to be spotted and have to move on.
For one moment, even as they have realized they got to find cover, the bass without high notes comes back to haunt them.
As if a reminder that they can't just shake this off like a shiver on the spine.

Third part:
It then starts softly again, as the visitor has ran to a place to shelter and catch their breath.
The visitor takes the time to make a plan to get out of here and slowly sneaks around to find a path out of this horrid place.
They become tense again, as they become nervous with the thought of what could happen while they are still inside.
They want to get out and fast, so the tempo increases.

Outro:
Then, finally, they have made their way out of the influence of the looming fortress.
They look back one more time and this is when the intro repeats itself.
Soft, eerie, almost melancholic.
The hesitation, the curiosity, the relief to be out of there, but also the memory of the fear they experienced while being inside.

Now that they know what it's like there, gazing upon it will never be the same as it was the first time they arrived.
Just like it's impossible to listen to the intro melody for the very first time again, now that you've listened to the song already and know it's place in the composition.
The visitor, too, now knows the place of Nid Arach relative to all other places they have visited.

That is just the explanation in my head. Reading it over again it sounds like I'm overly arty about it.
To be honest, it all started with; "oh this sounds good and eerie", and then "Oh I need a dark and more heavy part in it", and then "Let's end how we started. I like that dynamic"
Lol

Last edited:

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Reading your explanation whilst listening was so immersive, almost everything was right on cue. I really enjoy the theme, it is pretty creepy. Perhaps create a looped version or a string of musics that fit the atmosphere