Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Interest check for 5e D&D Adventurer's League

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
As it says on the tin, I'm looking to run some Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, using the standardized Adventurer's League setup. Link Here for an explanation of what Adventurer's League is.

The short answer is Adventurer's League is a system where players can drop in and out of play groups, and even transfer from one group to another, as they'd like without causing issues for said groups. You can take your character to events like gaming conventions, or to physical game stores, and come back and play online again with the same character due to the way progression is recorded for each session. The only downside is it requires each member to have a DCI number and to keep up with a little more paperwork, but in the end it's worth it. We'll be using roll20.net for the virtual tabletop, and teamspeak for audio communication (both of which are free to use). I'd like to run sessions weekly, but dates and times will be subject to who all we get to join. If we have enough interest we might can have multiple DMs running different days, and because of the Adventure League record keeping you could bounce between groups instead of being locked into one group or the other.

So, who all is interested in playing some D&D?

EDIT: FOR THOSE INTERESTED

Here's everything you'll need to do to play with us!

Step 1: Download reference materials

You'll need the following listed below. Each item will be linked to said material.

- D&D 5e Basic Rules (Or a copy of the Player's Handbook)
- Adventurer's League Player's Guide
- Character Sheet
- Adventure Log Sheets (plural, need a new sheet after every three adventures)
- A DCI number (sign up at linked location, once signed up it'll give you a number. If you happen to play Magic: The Gathering, you can use the DCI number you have for Magic tournaments for this as well)
- (Optional) One extra source book. These include Sword Coast Adventure's Guide, Elemental Evil Player's Companion, or Volo's Guide to Monsters. The AL allows characters made from the core rules and from one additional sourcebook, though if this is your first time playing, I suggest sticking to just the Basic Rules. You have the option of recreating your character till level five, so don't worry about missing out on options should you want to look into sourcebooks and whatnot later on.

Once you have these things, you'll need to make a character. The process for making a character is detailed starting on page six of the Basic Rules. There is also a handy flowchart I found awhile back here. If you're still having trouble with making a character, PM me and I'll try to help walk you through it. You'll want the character sheet and the adventure log sheets printed out physically, because you can take these characters to other AL games if you wish, and also it's just nice to have a physical copy to handle. I'll explain how adventure log sheets are filled out at the end of our first session, so don't worry about filling those out for now.

Once you have your character ready, please PM me to let me know you're ready to play, and what times would be best for you to play. Unfortunately, we may not be able to find a time that fits everyone, but with the amount of interest shown, I do believe we should have a few DMs that can run at a number of different times during the week so as to include as many people as we can.

Can't wait to play with you all!

Last edited:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I'm totally up for this! My friends and I use Discord and Roll 20, but it won't be much for me to download teamspeak, though do you currently know any people willing to dm? Or were you planning on being one of the DMs yourself?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I would be a DM, though if there are others who want to also run games I'd be more than happy to switch around who's DMing each week, and Adventurer's League is really great for that kind of switching DM situation.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
I'd be interested to play with anyone really with my young pubescent squeaky voice. Although I can't really talk due to computer positioning.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
So, me and my buddy, who's not of the server, is interested. Would you be cool if someone who isn't part of the Hollow World Community joining in on these reindeer games?

LePancake

Loyal Servant of Altera
I would certainly be interested in joining this, been a couple of years now since I've been a player and not a DM, so count me in if there aren't already too many people.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
so count me in if there aren't already too many people.
Adventurers league allows for up to seven players plus DM, so we will likely have room. The great news is though that if we do get more than that, we can simply run multiple groups, hopefully with multiple DMs too!

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Looks like I might need to dust off some of my adventure league characters. Though most are 5+ lvl.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
i've only ever played pathfinder but i'm game for learning 5th ed and i'm definitely interested

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Well it aint PF but its still DnD, Im in.

(Does 5e have something like PFs wiki?)