Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Interest check for 5e D&D Adventurer's League

223hero7

Lord of Altera
Roll20, the site we will be using, also has a built in character sheet system to go with the virtual game-board.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Roll20, the site we will be using, also has a built in character sheet system to go with the virtual game-board.
A question regarding the character sheet, is there a digital version so that I can avoid printing anything?
I think the reason he linked us to a printable version is because neither Roll 20, nor any current digital character sheet is capable of being easily and fluidly moved between sessions. We'll probably be using Roll 20's character sheets during the sessions, but you should also keep track of changes at the end of each session by recording them on your physical copy

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
It's 100% worth it to learn how to make a character sheet in roll20 because it lets you do stuff like ex:

MacroExample.PNG

(Pastes itself into the chat with one click on my charsheet.)

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Sorry to take so long to reply, my Internet died and had to get it fixed. Reply time.
A question regarding the character sheet, is there a digital version so that I can avoid printing anything?
While Roll20 has its own character sheets, I'm suggesting having paper backups, especially for the adventure log sheets for a few reasons:

- We may at some point use different Roll20 channels, such as if we have two games going on at one time, or a DM has his room set the way he likes compared to what I use, or other unforseen reasons. You'll need a backup somewhere so you can remake the sheet on roll20.

- All things computer and especially internet are bound to have hiccups and other issues at times. I have yet to have Roll20 lose character sheets, but it's always a possibility.

- As far as the AL goes, documentation is your only lifeline. If Roll20 dies abd you can't recover your character sheet, or you accidentally delete your log sheet, that character is gone. You'd have to start completely over with a new lvl 1 zero xp character. That physical copy will save you the heartache.

my final point would be because having the physical copies is fun. Game starts up and you're fiddling with actual sheets, it's a very different level of immersion. Not necessarily roleplaying immersion, but D&D game night immersion. Plus, going to Office Depot or hooking up a wonky printer to get physical sheets carries a level of investment, meaning you're more likely to want to keep playing.

Of course, none of this means you have to do it. But I'll be randomly asking to see character and log sheets to make sure everyone is above board. So, I strongly suggest physical copy backups.

Last edited:

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Big Update!

I have received a number of character sheets and it looks like we are ready to start up our adventuring very soon! If you have not PM'd me with your character and available times you can play, I highly suggest you do so soon, else I will not be able to consider your times for when we hold games. That being said, the nature of AL allows people to come as they please, so don't worry if you miss some sessions. Also, if you're needing help making a character please PM me about that right away so we can get you set up and ready to go!

By the looks of my schedule and people available to play, I'll likely be running a game on Tuesday afternoons, in the window of noon-8pm central US time, which will be set based on when people can be online. I know 223hero7 is willing to DM as well, at a separate time so as to let other people participate that can't make the Tuesday game. If there's anyone else that would like to get into DMing, let me know.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Bump, and another update!

We've received a great deal of interest for playing in the Adventurer's League, which is awesome! After speaking to everyone that has submitted character sheets, we've come up with two sessions each week to take care of everyone's scheduling needs. Game days will be Mondays and Fridays, 4-8pm central standard time. The first session will be this coming Monday, January 16th! I will be DMing the Monday night games, and 223hero7 will be DMing for Friday night games. I will be sending out the TS and roll20.net room info to all those that have submitted character sheets.

If you still want to play with us, you have not missed your chance! Send me a pm stating your interest and we will work with you to get you in a game.

LePancake

Loyal Servant of Altera
Bump, and another update!

We've received a great deal of interest for playing in the Adventurer's League, which is awesome! After speaking to everyone that has submitted character sheets, we've come up with two sessions each week to take care of everyone's scheduling needs. Game days will be Mondays and Fridays, 4-8pm central standard time. The first session will be this coming Monday, January 16th! I will be DMing the Monday night games, and 223hero7 will be DMing for Friday night games. I will be sending out the TS and roll20.net room info to all those that have submitted character sheets.

If you still want to play with us, you have not missed your chance! Send me a pm stating your interest and we will work with you to get you in a game.
Sadly with school and timezone issues, I would wind up being an hour to two late, would that be any issue?