Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Interest Gauging - Storm's Landing Tourney

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello everyone.

If you're not following the HW Discord, earlier today myself, Kam, and Brit were discussing holding a tournament at Storm's Landing, the discussed goal was to make something similar to the Tourney at Harrenhal, a massive weekend long event that would encourage people that don't usually interact or RP to do so. It is still a rough idea, but we want to include a melee, joust, and archery that would take place throughout the a full weekend. For those that don't like that kind of RP, we also want to include feasts and perhaps a ball as well.

I wanted to see who would be interested, there is no promise it would happen, but hopefully if enough people are interested we can make it happen. The reason I want to spread it over a full weekend, is so that everyone could have a chance to come and RP.

Please let me know below.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
crawford should call all the noble families from my cool list and say "hey guys come celebrate with me, i have a city now haha lol" and then we should all go and beat the shit out of each other on horseback with lances and stuff.

Ultra_StarPlatinum

Lord of Altera
Patron
Radiotron
Radiotron
Patron
And my boy Larek would stare at you like: "boy I got an ale. beat that." and might just try a horse for the first time ._.

I'm so dead... >_> I would love the event though

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
To be frank here I've seen some things that are a pattern on this server. Around when finals and the like come rolling around people stray from the server and then once people only notice the disappearances things like interest worry begin to happen. I'm not saying it's not a problem, but what I am saying is that this will likely be temporary, even if I don't want to wait for interest to be sparked.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
To be frank here I've seen some things that are a pattern on this server. Around when finals and the like come rolling around people stray from the server and then once people only notice the disappearances things like interest worry begin to happen. I'm not saying it's not a problem, but what I am saying is that this will likely be temporary, even if I don't want to wait for interest to be sparked.
In regards to this, I've had finals and school the past couple of months, so my time to do things has been extremely limited. Now that I'm finished with my schooling, it's my hope to be able to do more things more consistently.
However, it's much easier to notice you've got mold in your house when it starts to smell, which is probably why things happen when people start to leave.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
I love it. Might I suggest a tornament grounds Be built so the whole thing dosnt take place on a dock or in a slum

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'm also putting it out there like a Kickstarter Risks selection on a project- I need help with everything, I'm fairly well known for being unable to finish my projects when I'm alone, and I admit that.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
this is an altera wide initiative, we want some tourney of harrenhal action. meet with the entire continent and stuff

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Could we do mock battles? Like a contest of every nation’s army? That would be fun :0

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Would non-Anhald houses be allowed to come or no?
Literally the whole continent.

I will admit, some of my plans will be drawn from ideas/systems I've made for my houses and helped create; But most of the event will be open to everyone, no matter if noble or not.

The only part of the tournament that will be strictly for Nobles will be the joust.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'm leaving for work, if you have any ideas or concerns please forward them to my forum inbox or you can message me on Discord which is Paint#5557

Discord preferred, I'm bad at remember to reply to forum convos.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
I'm leaving for work, if you have any ideas or concerns please forward them to my forum inbox or you can message me on Discord which is Paint#5557

Discord preferred, I'm bad at remember to reply to forum convos.
You should make it a reacurring event. Like bi-monthly or quartly or something. We need more events like that.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Quarterly sounds good like on the solstices and equinoxes, but I do like me some events.