Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Interest in restarting a NationStates project

What time period would you participate in for a NationStates game? Choose any that apply.

• Total voters

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
hey

answer my poll

i'd draw a map for it and run the game or help someone run the game

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I've never played NS with you guys before but the one time I did it was a fairly fun roleplay. I'd love far-future and pre-1900's and mayhaps really early aswell. It'd be a fun experience and you're pretty well-versed.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
I've never played NS with you guys before but the one time I did it was a fairly fun roleplay. I'd love far-future and pre-1900's and mayhaps really early aswell. It'd be a fun experience and you're pretty well-versed.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
how about a summary of the game/what it is to get more hyped for it potentially?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
how about a summary of the game/what it is to get more hyped for it potentially?
roleplay, but as a country (or more accurately the government, people, and culture of that country). moderated for the sake of people not making soviet union / america powerhouses and steamrolling the world or developing hyper tech instantly

would have to come up with rules if there's heavy interest, but they're simple enough to do

you can use the stats on nationstates itself, but they're bound to randomly generated issues the game makes up for you to answer, so i prefer to come up with our own system

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
gonna doublepost to say that WW2 or early cold war is the easiest era to moderate and map while still being detailed and full of different politics and cultures to explore through NationStates RP and it's what i would highly suggest, having played a long term and very fun early cold war scenario on another server's NS

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
second question

rather than a full world map, would you guys object to three (or more) maps of different spheres of influence, with routes noted between them? confining ourselves to a full world map early poses the problem of running out of space, and using multiple spheres of influence on seperate maps allows me to

1. expand the map if a certain sphere of influence becomes over populated with players

2. prevent the problem of asian cultures bordering european cultures bordering african cultures

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
second question

rather than a full world map, would you guys object to three (or more) maps of different spheres of influence, with routes noted between them? confining ourselves to a full world map early poses the problem of running out of space, and using multiple spheres of influence on seperate maps allows me to

1. expand the map if a certain sphere of influence becomes over populated with players

2. prevent the problem of asian cultures bordering european cultures bordering african cultures
this would be a good idea.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
second question

yes [edit] is gut

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
for anyone who doesn't understand what I mean

imagine something like this but with a map I've made up on my own rather than earth

even if we're not going through with this, i'll ask you all now - what features would you like to see on the map? and how many spheres of influence / play areas would you like to see? i'll be drawing maps regardless, because practice is the only way to get better. might as well know what I should be drawing before I start