Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Interest in restarting a NationStates project

What time period would you participate in for a NationStates game? Choose any that apply.

• Total voters

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Inland seas are an amazingly interesting thing to draw. Europe is the most interesting country to map in my own opinion due to it having such an abundance of such.

In addition Cap, could I ask to map one of the regions? I think it'd be an interesting project for me to pursue. I'd attempt to match the style to yours.

EDIT: Not only interesting, but they're an important feature in geopolitics.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Inland seas are an amazingly interesting thing to draw. Europe is the most interesting country to map in my own opinion due to it having such an abundance of such.

In addition Cap, could I ask to map one of the regions? I think it'd be an interesting project for me to pursue. I'd attempt to match the style to yours.

EDIT: Not only interesting, but they're an important feature in geopolitics.
go ahead and map whatever you want my dude

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
It's extremely unlikely to win, but anything after ~2030 is going to be increasingly unrecognizable. Neural network weak AI, intelligence amplification, and such will likely be increasingly prevalent in modern nations. Past 2075, we're probably looking at strong AI happening, and a world like Earth in the Expanse, of overpopulation, overheating, and unemployability. 2150 is downright unrecognizable. Certainly spacefaring, but likely not FTL.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
So how are we doing turns? Once a day, with one day being one month? Or is it purely based on waiting for the person you're competing with to respond, like previous Nation States games?

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Also, if we do the sphere of influence thing, how is the rest of the world handled? Also, how will superpowers be decided/handled?

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Also, if we do the sphere of influence thing, how is the rest of the world handled? Also, how will superpowers be decided/handled?
This is why I think we should have an earlier start than diving right into a WW2 equivalent - some colonisation and diplomacy, perhaps minor scuffles and border wars, formation of key alliances.

I addition as we’re just creating this world, I’m a bit lost as to what “WW2” actually means. Does it simply refer to the technology of the period?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
This is why I think we should have an earlier start than diving right into a WW2 equivalent - some colonisation and diplomacy, perhaps minor scuffles and border wars, formation of key alliances.

I addition as we’re just creating this world, I’m a bit lost as to what “WW2” actually means. Does it simply refer to the technology of the period?
How about 1930 to 1960 instead? Also yea, just referring to the time period

seannie

Lord of Altera

True enough, getting tossed into a war without any build up to it would have been chaotic. I'm in favor of a slightly earlier start-date so we can formulate our nations through dynamic means.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
im in favor of you decreasing the size of your signature 200% SEANNIE

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I've admined for 2-3 different iterations of this before, I can run the equivalent of the League of Nations & be the DM for battle results.

Actually, I've got a Big Book of Faction Warfare I can adjust to roughly WW2 levels easily enough. There's 3 categories of faction strength: Force, Wealth, Cunning, with each category having a range of assets which can be used for local effects or PvP effects. Each asset also has a set home, e.g. a battlefront or a factory city.

If folks are interested I can share it and we can adapt it for the period.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
I've admined for 2-3 different iterations of this before, I can run the equivalent of the League of Nations & be the DM for battle results.

Actually, I've got a Big Book of Faction Warfare I can adjust to roughly WW2 levels easily enough. There's 3 categories of faction strength: Force, Wealth, Cunning, with each category having a range of assets which can be used for local effects or PvP effects. Each asset also has a set home, e.g. a battlefront or a factory city.

If folks are interested I can share it and we can adapt it for the period.
this would be good