Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Internet Connection Problems! (HELP)

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I seem to be dealing with some interesting internet connectivity problems! I cannot connect to a single online gaming server. Steam, Youtube, Forums all work fine! But when it comes to connecting to the server or for instance a Garry's Mod server I cannot connect. I use Xfinity wifi and come to ask for any solutions. I've called tech support and had my router updated and reset par standard but nothing has fixed it.

Any Ideas?

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
I've been having the opposite problems, yesterday twitch, youtube and sometimes discord and Skype messed up for me.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
inb4 XFINITY Elite Gaming Plus Package - $24.99/month addon to your current XFINITY Internet Package

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Is it just the server that kicks you out or minecraft all together? If it's the server, try reducing your render distance and see if that works. We're looking into hardware upgrades as you wouldn't be the first to have the issue.

..If it's not, may be your internet provider or graphics.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I seem to be dealing with some interesting internet connectivity problems! I cannot connect to a single online gaming server. Steam, Youtube, Forums all work fine! But when it comes to connecting to the server or for instance a Garry's Mod server I cannot connect. I use Xfinity wifi and come to ask for any solutions. I've called tech support and had my router updated and reset par standard but nothing has fixed it.

Any Ideas?
Based on your symptoms: Check if you've made any changes to allowed ports or firewalls

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
So I have learned I also cannot connect to Discord channels but yet I can type to them.