Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Introducing Storm's Landing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Storm's Landing, an unaffiliated neutral town where all can find peace and prosperity. Storm's Landing is so named because of its location-- it is one of Alterans' first landing sites after crossing the Sea of Storms. It started as a camp and grew, with the help of Mairin and Morgan, has grown into a small but sturdy docks, with fortified walls and a warm inn for wayward travelers and traders.

Here is a screenshot of the new inn and tavern, the Gryphon's Nest:

Existing properties, ports, and new properties will soon become available. In the meantime, enjoy what Storm's Landing has to offer!

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
two people built an entire city?

i was told this was player run and so far all i see is 'staff magic'd a city into existence'

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Many people donated resources, and presumably time, to aid in this.

Who built your entire cities? Was it just a few people working quickly, and icly it was called something else?
From what I've seen most builds aren't built the way "historical accuracy" would say they should be, but has that ever stopped anyone from playing the way they play minecraft?

Please cap, tone down your glaring negativity. We all know you don't like spawn.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
what was the point of the contest if you guys already ported in the city?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Many people donated resources, and presumably time, to aid in this.

Who built your entire cities? Was it just a few people working quickly, and icly it was called something else?
From what I've seen most builds aren't built the way "historical accuracy" would say they should be, but has that ever stopped anyone from playing the way they play minecraft?

Please cap, tone down your glaring negativity. We all know you don't like spawn.
OOCly donating resources does not equal building a city

IC the people who build keeps and cities are the peasants and the unseen people, because we all know one or two people alone can't build more than a few cabins. but spawn doesn't belong to a faction. where do the NPCs to build spawn come from?

parto

Lord of Altera
I think the "city" right now is just a framework. Really all it is is an inn, a few stalls and a dock. There's plenty to build upon, this is just the foundation.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
So.... player cities can have unseen population?
But not the spot where most of the ships landed when coming to the new lands?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
So.... player cities can have unseen population?
But not the spot where most of the ships landed when coming to the new lands?
what?

all ships landed with anhald, fuvur, or hawklight, none of which are at the spawn

did you attend any of the events you're trying to talk to me about

two people built an entire city?

i was told this was player run and so far all i see is 'staff magic'd a city into existence'
First of all, two people designed it ICly. That doesn't mean two people built it icly. The entire build is legit paid for. There were many staff and players who helped to build it. We were open about the whole process; we even let you guys have a dynmap of it so you could see it from above. Secondly, this is not a city. It's a street. We needed a structure to base the build off of. The rest of the city will be more more player-directed. Players will pick builds and choose where to put them.

We decided not to build it live on the main map because we went through a lot of changes in the process. Builds changed; styles changed; it would have looked weird and broken immersion to see all this stuff vanish and appear and change and vanish et cetera. It also bothers me that we're being accused of "magic'd" when all the players got the opportunity to bring in their own cities from the old map via world edit. Nevermind the fact that we shared some updates of the build and dynmap access.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
First of all, two people designed it ICly. That doesn't mean two people built it icly. The entire build is legit paid for. There were many staff and players who helped to build it. We were open about the whole process; we even let you guys have a dynmap of it so you could see it from above. Secondly, this is not a city. It's a street. We needed a structure to base the build off of. The rest of the city will be more more player-directed. Players will pick builds and choose where to put them.

We decided not to build it live on the main map because we went through a lot of changes in the process. Builds changed; styles changed; it would have looked weird and broken immersion to see all this stuff vanish and appear and change and vanish et cetera. It also bothers me that we're being accused of "magic'd" when all the players got the opportunity to bring in their own cities from the old map via world edit. Nevermind the fact that we shared some updates of the build and dynmap access.
i was told this was player run and i was lied to

that's my argument and i'm sticking with it

what was the point of the contest if you guys already ported in the city?
This is not a city. It's a docks and a tavern. This place will grow with demand. The point of the contest was 1) we recruited non-staff builders to help us 2) there's a LOT more building to do and 3) staff have a lot of other projects, we need a spawn build team to help us get it all done. Another point was to have a fun, good-nature contest.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Isn't that what playing games should really be about?
It's also a building contest, which implies that some winner(s) would be announced or something. Or at the very least, if it was just to get OOC builders, it could've said: "Hey, this isn't actually a contest, so much as a way for us to find people willing to help build and such."

The thread very well could say that, I never read it because I can't build.

Donors and Suppliers:
Soresta Shalherana
Estes
Niko
Kurzik
Rauran
Katrin, mryosi, and admiral aegir
parto
Cymic_

Builders:
Antilogy
Mairin
Ptiber
Solus
Kurzik
Archbishop
Estes
Hai_Paladin
Oveny

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
It's also a building contest, which implies that some winner(s) would be announced or something. Or at the very least, if it was just to get OOC builders, it could've said: "Hey, this isn't actually a contest, so much as a way for us to find people willing to help build and such."

The thread very well could say that, I never read it because I can't build.
It does, actually, say that. There's winners with prize money, and a way to get folks into the build team.

Status
Not open for further replies.