Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Isle]{Violent} Astakos

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

[. A S T A K O S .]

jEu9It8.png
Quicklinks:
[ x ] Imports, Exports, and Trade
[ x ] Places of Interest
[ x ] Flora, Fauna, Geology

jEu9It8.png

[General Information]
{Astakos is a violent region. Consent is not needed here for anything, though I'd request you at least be civil with one another OOC and try to talk things out if there are upsets.}

= = =
A small cluster of islands hardly large enough to be of any significance, originally inhabited by castaways who were unknowing of the larger landmass to their east. Hot, tropical, and idyllic, it served itself for a time and they survived on bountiful supplies of lobsters and coconuts. Both heavily traded and outsourced now for other desirables.
Over time it has developed into a town of itself, with no real sense of order in any one thing. Cramped and clustered together, it's become a frequent stop for vessels heading long distances, a welcome reprieve to rest and relax and sate whatever particular desires they seek. Rumoured to have a 'black market' of sorts - Not that anyone would admit to having traded there. Several ships may be in the bay at any one time of various factions or alliances, yet Astakos itself holds itself to none of them. An isle of free people with a penchant for trading the less lawful sort of goods, and enjoying a life with little in terms of limitations.
=

jEu9It8.png
[Where is Astakos?]
+ [
DYNMAP LINK] +
An island cluster to the west, it's only reached by the ways of sea travel. No main ports offer passage to an unknown island, but you may find yourself there on stray trade vessels.
(There is a port in Sanardu, and Queensport, if you can find them.)

- - -

[Region Rules]
There are no rules here on Astakos.

OOC Rules:
+ No basements/expansions on builds without asking Elz - Most places are really as cramped as they can get, and basements don't work out much.
+ It's a violent region. Please remember that. Also try not to be a dick to people just because of this, it's for fun, guys!

jEu9It8.png
[Joining]
- - - -

Maybe you squat here, or maybe you 'officially' own a place - You're expected to work and offer some kind of trade if it's not a nice sum of gold or gems to live in one of those 'fancy houses'. The rest, you're fine to claim houses or stalls and we don't really need to RP it out. You're also free to say your character was born here and so on.

1/4

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

[ Imports, Exports, and Trade ]
jEu9It8.png
= = =

The isle itself creates several things in which it lives on for itself or exports for a richer lifestyle and variety in life. Whilst there is a black market and various amounts of unmarked stalls and merchants, these are the known, primary imports and exports of Astakos.
Not listed are the shipments of stolen goods from various cities around the new lands. From 'Riseport Tobacco' to 'Arget Silver', there's often anything available you could wish for, or a person available to recover it for you at a price...

jEu9It8.png
Exports
= = =
(Known goods. Black Market goods are not listed.)

Opium Products
- Raw Opium
- Poppy Seeds
- 'Milk of the Poppy'

Hemp Products
- Rope
- Baskets and Bags
- Dried Leaf

Foods/Drink
- Lobster
- Salted Fish
- Coconuts

Minerals/Gems
- Salt
- Pearl

jEu9It8.png

Imported Goods
= = =

N/A for now.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

[ Places of Interest ]
===
jEu9It8.png

There are several places of note around the isle of Astakos, including some less 'savoury' places. Enter at your own risk and all that.

=

- Tempest Tavern
The only tavern so far on the isle, it was one of the first main buildings and once was used more as a home or shelter than a tavern. Over time it has developed along with the rest of the isle, though it is perhaps on the smaller side in comparison to the rest now. It is however always fully stocked and has been known to sell ales, wines, and liquors from around the world, before and after the recent exodus. Who knows how it got them.

- The Ruby Cove
A brothel and bath house in one, it remains just next door to the tavern for easier pickings. It's also got bedrooms, unlike the tavern, and so get away with somewhat ridiculous prices even if you do not desire the company of one of those who work there. Arguably one of the more luxurious places on the isle, it may also be one of the most dangerous if you've a crew who struggle to keep their mouth shut.

- The Pits
A fighting ring situated underground and out of sight for most, navigated via some alleyways or a good sense of direction. It hosts frequent events for those competing to be titled something more than what they were born with, or those who've had far too much to drink and made bad decisions.

jEu9It8.png

Myths & Rumours
= = =

+
+
+

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

[ Flora, Fauna, and Geology ]

= = =
jEu9It8.png

A warm, tropical climate is joined with an exotic mix of animals and plantlife, though not all of it is approachable and should be be regarded with caution. Or you could pick up that snake and see what happens.

jEu9It8.png

Fauna
= = =
Name - Notes

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Woooie! Ill sort ports when I can but you're allowed to visit and rp now i guess haha.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Big boobed chick... love you too, cousin. IT'S SAM ROSE!!!1!11!!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Does hemp existing mean marijuana exists
If they grow in European areas, it should be alright. Generally, drugs are ok to mention as long as they don't lead to addiction or acid trips in rp (This is 14+ server) - background mention is ok. Meaning- this isn't the place for the next Walter White. Just keep it appropriate and mature in a respectable sense, etc, and its fine.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Updated with some new screenshots.
Region can be accessed via a ship in both QP And Sanardu though neither are clearly marked.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Updated with some new screenshots.
Region can be accessed via a ship in both QP And Sanardu though neither are clearly marked.
I wish I was able to visit this place during Lana's Journey now that I have been made aware of its existence :(
The Dynmap Link does not work at the top: where is this located? 'West' is quite broad, sadly- especially with the Talon Isles being so vast and Meermotte being the first place I would look when saying 'west.'