Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Jack Henderson's Application [Denied- Niko/K9]

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username? Jack_Henderson

(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)
2. How old are you? 17

(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)

3. What country are you from? United Kingdom

(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Yes

(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is when you use information that you did not get in an RP manner
Power gaming could be manipulating roleplay in a way that is unfair and is one sided.

(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No

(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod

(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.)
8. Tell us about yourself!

My name is Jack, I come form the UK and I work at Subway full time. I have just left College (In america you would call it high school) where I earned a foundation degree in herpetology as well as 2 diplomas in Animal Care. Herpetology is the study of reptiles which are my passion. I love all animals I have 2 chinchillas, 1 bearded dragon, 1 dog and a goat who headbutts children and pregnant women. I ride a Keeway 125 motorcycle and can also drive. I listen to bands like BMTH and lots of Irish/Folk/Pagan/Nordic/Viking rock and metal as well as Death Grips. This will be the first minecraft RP i have played but I have over 1,500 hours on Arma 3 Roleplay servers and 700 hours on Life Is feudal RP servers as well as 1000 hours on arma 2 roleplay. I have been roleplaying since i was like 11.

(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

On my phone i have a few pictures of sandwiches Ive made LMAO.

(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

Nope

(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
Jack is a lowborn farmer who is looking to revive his family's farmstead. At only 17 Jack is planning to build up 'Dragonstead' a humble and small farm dedicated to profiting from its produce. His Father is too old and frail to work but was able to pass on his ancestral farming skills to Jack. Jack tried to squire for the Ser Harkon but unfortunately the knight was killed in a drunken brawl and the years of chivalry, combat training and life skills passed onto Jack would not be able to be put to use.

In world you have the Hawks and the Doves. The Hawks take the more aggressive route... the doves seek peace. Jack sits on hawk side and his impulsiveness has landed him in the local stocks multiple times. He is prone to depressive spells and his disappointing experience with knights has left him bitter and dismissive of most high ups. He is not rebellious but he is secretly envious of the people born into power rather than those who have earnt it.

His farm is looking to produce vegetables, meat and even the possibility of dog breeding. It will be a humble and modest home. Despite his experiences squirting, he is no great swordsmen and needs severe training. His impressive height though and muscular build mimics that of a typical viking! He is able to carry sacks of flour as if they are cups of mead... onto mead he is known to enjoy a few horns of ale which he rarely pays for and wins in tavern bets. Like mentioned earlier his impulsiveness and temper get him in trouble and he regularly speaks his mind to the point it angers people. Another thing that angers the people is his dislike for religion and faith movements in the realm, he believes the faith has never served him well so why should he serve the faith.

Despite being impulsive and sometimes rude and insulting, Jack is extremely compassionate, humorous and charitable and is known to share a loaf of bread with those in need and provide a shelter for the head of those who without could of got wet. He has a love for animals and cares for all the animals he keeps on the farm and would lay down his life for there welfare... even if they are for meat.

His favourite foods are all meats, sweetcorn and mushrooms... One of his quotes is:

"Anyway, like I was sayin', mushrooms is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, mushrooms-kabobs, mushroom creole, mushroom gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple mushroom, lemon mushroom, coconut mushroom, pepper mushroom, mushroom soup, mushroom stew, mushroom salad, mushroom and potatoes, mushroom burger, mushroom sandwich. That- that's about it.

You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name: Jack Henderson

(Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)

Character Age: 17
(Simple enough!)

Character Race: Human
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)

Appearance: He has shiney brown hair which is considered long but does not go past his shoulder, it is messy but is swept across his forehead, unlike most men he washes it regularly with charcoal soaps and mint leaf body washes. Down his right eye is a scar from a sword his friend was messing about with it does not effect his vision and is only superficial. His eyes are a bright turquoise/blue and he was always told the lake he grew up by was put into it. He is around 7ft tall and is described by most as a gentle giant and an extremely stocky build he can lift barrels of grain over his shoulder with one arm. He is white and wears a brown overcoat over a white top.

(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: https://gyazo.com/91d15654483b6317c049cd7a94aa546b
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Wet feet slap the dirt trail and a tail of water drips of behind the boy who lazily marches back home. His hair is soaking and his clothes are damp. The goods he brought back from market are obviously ruined. Mother wont be pleased. His knees are slightly grazed, as are the palms of the boys hands. He groans with displeasure... He's just fallen in the lake on the way home while hopping from rock to rock. He had a sack full of flour, a sack full of grain and a sack of salt... all either floating in the lake or ruined.

He left market an hour after he should of this week... he was busy trying to talk to the girl he likes. The clouds darken with the rest of the sky and the moon is the only thing that illuminates the nights sky. Home is only another 5 miles away and the towns beacons and lights are visible at the top of the hill. His wine flask is empty and it's a depressing walk back. The damp skin gets colder as the sun goes to sleep and the drunken squabbles of the brigands who cower away in the woods catch the right ear of the boy. Suddenly his heart sinks and he is frozen like a statue.

These brigands are known for robbing children and attacking women in the most horrendous way. They try to raid the town... setting homes ablaze and leaving the guards wounded and a couple dead. If they found the boy they would not just ignore him... the remaining gold and his grandfathers necklace would be taken. He hears the voices come closer and twigs and sticks laying on the wet ground crunch and crack.

'Oi Fellas' we gotta boy overhear... witha luvly gold chain roun' is' necky there' One of the thugs shouted.

The boy dropped the bags of ruined goods and dashed away... bounding through the pitch black forest only able to see a few meters ahead of him... jumping over logs, rocks and streams... running through bushes. The thorns cut through him like a sword through skin. Stinging him with a itchy and painful dose of mother nature. He could see the end of the woods and the start of the town. He knew the guards would help and fend off the bandits. Just a few more strides... he starts screaming and the clank of metal armour and the emergency horns blare... a smile goes across his face as he acknowledges he is in the clear

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hello there, thank you for taking the time and effort to make this application. There are a few issues that need to be addressed however.

-Both your meta gaming and power gaming definitions need to be elaborated, you can find our server's definitions and examples of what they look like in Role-play within the Role-play Survival Guide.

-Physically, a human cannot be 7 feet tall without suffering serious long term back problems which will debilitate your character. The tallest I can allow you to start off is 6'6" which is still very tall for a human standard.

-Even the smallest of eye scars can still affect vision. I can allow you to have the scar be around the eye but not on the eye itself.

-Bright turquoise eyes is not physically possible with humans. I suggest you go with blue or if you wish to keep the greenish hue, hazel.

Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to apply to our server, I look forward to seeing the changes you make.

Shut up you mug.
- NBA Players - alot over 7ft tall.
- You can get turqoise eyes
- The scars wasnt on m,y eye it was around the eye
- Those definitions are same for all RP.

I wont be playing with you if you are this selective about the class of characters you have playing

Goodbye.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I am sorry, I have to decline your application on the grounds of you being a self inflated and audacious applicant.

Our mentors are a volunteer group, who are hardworking and kind, and deserve to be treated with nothing but respect.

Have a nice day.

-K9

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Ya got me

-K9