Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

James Havard's Whitelist Application [Declined - Snerus]

James_Havard

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username? James_Havard
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
United States of America
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
No, I was planning on reading it as I wait

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using something that your character would have no idea of but you as a person do because of out of character means. Powergaming is making your character godlike with no faults or doing something such as *he parries the man's sword and breaks it in half and stabs the man with it*
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223Hero7
8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is James, I've lived in a relatively small town in Ohio most of my life. I have two sisters. I like to play League of Legends and Grand Strategy games such as Europa Universalis 4 and Hearts of Iron 4. I love history and roleplaying.
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I searched on PMC for roleplay servers updated within the last year
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
James Havard

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Dark Hair, Dark eyes, 6 ' 2" and 220 lbs. He wears a red and black cloak.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
James came from a somewhat prominent family. His father had gained his fortune as a warrior. He was a very strict and cruel man, one of the most militaristic that James would ever know. Growing up James was always kind-hearted. He would rather play a song or write a poem then train with sword and shield. James's father did not like this, his son and heir was acting like a damned woman and he would not have it. James was drilled day after day to become a great warrior like his father, otherwise his house would be destroyed by it's enemies. James grew tired of this and tried to run away with a childhood friend of his to find a new life where he could express who he was. They were caught and returned. James's father did not know what to do with James's friend so he gave him to another house as a farmer. His friend would be worked to death. James was enraged, he threw himself into the training he hated so much as it was the only outlet he had. He would become the warrior his father had wanted, but he swore that when his father died and his power passed down to him that he would exact his revenge on those who had killed his friend. (I hate backstories, I prefer to make new ones in game that will take other's stories into account)

Attachments

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Hello! Upon review, I've identfied two areas of note I'm going to be a stickler for with regards to your application.

The first being that applicants on the server are required to acquaint themselves with the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship and Official Lore before beginning the application process. Some of the rules in there, unfortunately, are not merely things that can be learned as you go, especially since there is information within those documents that is requested on your application.

Secondly, please be aware that our written test has a minimum 400 word limit. These standards, while they may certainly appear daunting to some of our applicants, are set in place to ensure that the pool of applicants on our server is exemplary. While a vast majority of our applicants are inclined to write about the backstory of their character, I'd like to remind you that this is not the only avenue of approach you may take with this test. The written test is there to prove your capacity not only as a writer but as a developer of your character. You are free to give retellings of significant moments in their lives, provide logs of personal recollections and diaries kept, or whichever other medium you'd like to utilize when writing your test, so long as it meets our limit. If character backstories are a point of particular difficulty for you, consider exploring one of those other options.

Lastly, and still related to your test, typically the attitude of the members on this server is to shy away from any extreme violence or other edgy elements in a character's backstory. While there's not currently anything along that line that I could fault you for in your current backstory, I felt it wise to tell you this while you made your revisals.

I'll be keeping the application pending, until the changes I requested have been made.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Seeing as this application hasn't been updated since the 18th, I'm going to decline it for inactivity.

Feel free to apply again when you return! But please remember to make a new application, with a rewritten test, and so on.