Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Jan 5th] Settling for less - Colony RP

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
1545836362922.png
~Settling For Less~

The blight is gone, yes, and how clear a sign it was; that we know very little of this new world we live in!
To learn more of this world, an expedition is set up to go into the center of the lands. Here, we hope to gather more knowledge of our mysterious world.
There is much to learn, much to discover, and surely this trip is not without dangers.

We aim to walk from Astrakhan into the woods and following the river upstream until we find a suitable spot to make an outpost.
After all, it is within the unknown, untamed nature that the most secrets still lie.
This outpost will serve as a safe base of operations, from which scholars, healers and any with interest may study their surroundings.
They can only do so if they are protected, so we will need soldiers or able men and women at least.
These soldiers and scholars will need to eat, so we shall require fishermen, farmers, cooks and the like too.
All of us need to be housed as well, so foresters, carpenters and the like will be a much valued addition to the company.

We hope to study the world, so that any dangers that may lie in these lands and attack us in the future, may be discovered before they can hurt us.
We hope to settle here, as a place of knowledge, community, and devotion to our own future.

hd-ivy-vine-png-4.png

Some explanation:
(colony thread: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/colony-near-astrakhan.44757/#post-755701 )
This is the first event of a series. This first event will be the start-up of a colony in the woods, and will lay the foundation of something I've conceptualized.
Those who attend will determine the exact location of the outpost, though it must be within an area I've already predetermined.
I will guide you, but not tell you where; that fun is reserved for the attendees; you.

The outpost will have no time-skipping.
Trees will be cut, logs will be de-branched, palisades built.
Fish will be caught, cleaned, cooked, then eaten.
This means a lot of emoting and working together!
The goal is to mimic a real life colony survival situation, in which every member of the community is as important as the other.
Truly, if there are no people gathering food, I will DM starvation in the camp; this is not just making a camp, it's more!
Indeed, characters will need to get the best out of each other and take their natural spot within a group;
who will lead? Will the others follow?

The concept entails a timeline I've written out, in which things will happen at the outpost.
Expect washed up items to be more than just that; to also give clues about future events.
I will DM the region, according to the actions of its inhabitants.
If they decide to leave the gates open at night without a guard, who knows what might wander inside?
If they decide to put a net out across the river, who knows what might be caught?
Things in my script will happen at set times, if a body floats by and there's no net to catch it, you would not know about the body.
Thus, it is up to the colonists to be prepared for what might come.
If you don't look for tracks in the surrounding area, the tracks in my script will not reveal themselves.
Your actions will have positive or negative effects, so be wise in your RP.

You'll be very free in your actions and they will have consequences.
Why is this better than Eventine (my last colony project)? Because this one has got a plot.
There are staged moments for events in which things will happen that are also outside of the colonists influence.
They may prepare, and thus help themselves to succeed, but this time it will not be as predictable as before.
Also, you may fail this time. It is well possible that your camp is overtaken by whatever attacks, be it creature or disease, so do prepare!

It's not just the RP that says: "We can't be without a carpenter".
Truly, if nobody has building skills, it will be over very soon.
Those who know me, know that I always roll with RP. This is just the same;
I don't intend to have a successful town built, I intend to let RP have consequences in any direction, without preference.

There is a real question this time; Will the colonists succeed?
With all that is working against them, will they build to overcome their struggles?
Or will they flee before the first full moon shines in the night-sky?

Fill in the form to join:
IG-name:
Reason for joining OOC:
Char-name:
Reason for joining IC:
Skill-set:
Carried inventory:

Current amount attendees:

DATE: 5th of January
TIME: 19:00 GMT+1 // 1:00 pm EST // 0:00 pm CST

Join our cause! Let us not be surprised by what lies below, in front, or above. Let us find what we can and use it!

*the man holds up a paper, then dramatically pins it to the wall with a dagger*

1545838667879.png
Vines.png

Last edited:

Puzlas

Lord of Altera
Puzlas
Puzlas
I want to say I'm never too busy for some of the most fun I've had here but man I really am, though I'd seriously recommend signing up to everyone

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The date of this might be postponed if for now there is no interest. But I'm going to try to host this eventually, once people get the time for it and want it :) we are a go once we have 5 attendants

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
I'll sign up, although I work on the 4th from 4-8 est, so I can't be in attendance if it rests on that date.

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
*Amusingly relatively close to Linden's Glen too, comparatively to the distance between Astrakhan and the colony*

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
If you don't mind that our timezones don't mesh well, and that he won't be there full time, I would be glad to join in.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'll sign up, although I work on the 4th from 4-8 est, so I can't be in attendance if it rests on that date.
I can definitely change the times and dates around :) Once this first event is done, the colony will be set up and open for new members to join at their leisure

If you don't mind that our timezones don't mesh well, and that he won't be there full time, I would be glad to join in.
Yep! That should be fine. You can always travel between towns as it will be relatively close, just paddling downriver will end up in arriving in astrakhan.

*Amusingly relatively close to Linden's Glen too, comparatively to the distance between Astrakhan and the colony*
I'll definitely keep region borders in mind before starting any region :)

Intal

Lord of Altera
IntalCraft64
IntalCraft64
A very interesting event imo, I would like to join but I may not be there full time due to time zone. Would rather do it Jan. 5 since I have more time then.

IG-name: IntalCraft64
Reason for joining OOC: Sounds like a lot of fun!
Char-name: "Aatrox"
Reason for joining IC: Get away from the city where he might be persecuted.
Skill-set: Stealth, decent survivalist.
Carried inventory: A sword and a bow with arrows. Could carry a scout's vest.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
IG-name: LillithLil_
Reason for joining OOC: I want fun rp
Char-name: Arianne Silveira
Reason for joining IC: Might be fun.
Skill-set: Formist/Physician
Carried inventory: will fill out later

I can only attend if the date is moved.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
IG-name: LillithLil_
Reason for joining OOC: I want fun rp
Char-name: Arianne Silveira
Reason for joining IC: Might be fun.
Skill-set: Formist/Physician
Carried inventory: will fill out later

I can only attend if the date is moved.
Moved to the 5th?

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Either that Sunday, or a time before 3 est, or after 8 EST on those three days

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A very interesting event imo, I would like to join but I may not be there full time due to time zone. Would rather do it Jan. 5 since I have more time then.
Either that Sunday, or a time before 3 est, or after 8 EST on those three days
Would 1 pm EST / 7 pm GMT+1 work for you both?

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
Sorry, didn't see the form the first time.

IG-name: ToastySpam
Reason for joining OOC: Because I want to get back into the server a bit more; also this looks F U N
Char-name: Jackdaw
Reason for joining IC: Jackdaw's trying out a bunch of stuff right now; searching for a way to 'find herself' or whatever. Plus anything that means an escape from her normal environment is a bonus.
Occupation: Part-time tavern work; she is also a member of the Guardians
Skill-set: Hand-to-hand combat; simple bladed combat; simple ranged combat
Carried inventory: A simple dagger and a hunting knife