Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Jarl Freya Lonmar

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Is it because she could've gotten married long before that anyway?
First bit is also true.
Second bit was considered true at the time.
But still, no.

Oh, this is such fun.
She's now considered as an adult? All I could find in direct relation to the age of sixteen.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I was expecting more feminist attacks~. ^-^
Let me just state that this isn't my actual point of view, before any one indulges in butthurt.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Only in this case, or else in extreme circumstances might a child be deemed an adult before time.
Freya leading the Norvägen might be such an extreme circumstance?

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
She doused her head in cold water AND held her hand to a flame, marking her transition from child to adult?

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
I'm just wondering if Freya under normal circumstances would have to marry because a woman cannot be a jarl..
Just like a Queen normally would need a king seeing as the queen herself is not worthy enough of ruling..
Yada yada

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I'm just wondering if Freya under normal circumstances would have to marry because a woman cannot be a jarl..
Technically, there is no law of the Norvägen that states a woman cannot rule. In fact, the word "Jarl" in the old Norvagen language comes from the root word "to lead", not "king" or "lord". Just as (I am told), there is nothing in the Bible to condemn homosexuality, and yet there are still some people who do not believe it to be "right" for religious reasons.

Thus, legally, she has no obligation to marry.

She is Jarl because she was the only person left who was willing to lead the Norvägen, and due to her bloodline they had less of an issue accepting this.