JOCASTA VITA
Name: Jocasta Vita
Traditionally Pronounced: Yo-casta Vee-ta

Commonly/Personally Pronounced: Jo-casta Vee-ta
Signature: IOCASTA VITA
Other Names: Jo

Race: Human
Ethnicity/Culture: Asrakosian

Orientation: Bisexual, prefers people who are nice.

Romantic Status: No

Home: Tavern room in Linlea. No permanent place.

Places She's Been To: Astrakhan (hometown), Linlea, Storm's Landing, Sangrian lands.

Physical Description: Jocasta is around 6 feet tall, with a slightly broad-shouldered, mesomorphic frame that weighs about 156 pounds, most of which is well-sculpted, powerful muscle. She carries herself with a straight, proper posture, but that’s essentially the only thing proper about her. Her skin can generally tan, but it’s quite pale and rosy at the moment, as she hasn’t seen a proper summer in three years. Jo’s hair is a light brown, whilst her eyes are more chocolate-toned.

Personality: Jocasta is a typical working woman of her culture- determined, tough, and has very few qualms about clapping back at her opponents. Newfound confidence means she enjoys sparring and horsing around.

Jo’s sociability is only as strong as her confidence- and her confidence in her social abilities is very tenuous. Often, she will approach people with a smile or randomly (and rudely) hop into conversations, but if people show intense disdain for her, she will immediately retreat until she’s regained her mental strength. If and when she is accepted into a social circle, Jocasta will often try to prove herself to be likeable- even to an annoying degree. Part of this is due to in part that her family was very competitive, and it was often her older sister who managed to gain favor with her parents. Away from her family and under the rather false assumption that her sister thinks of her as a failure, she becomes very eager to be accepted, but has also developed intense social anxiety, which isn’t a good mix.

Drinking Habits: She can’t hold her liquor well- at all, actually. But she does drink a lot.

Smoking Habits: Has never and will never touch a cigar in her life.

Other Substance Habits: None.

Eating Habits: She’ll eat most things and she eats when she’s offered food, even if she’s dislikes it.

Exercise Habits: Jocasta keeps herself in good form by taking long runs or walks, shadow-boxing, or by running from awkward situations. She also trains with her rhomphaia often, though in secret.

Family: Jocasta’s family live as textile-makers with moderate means. Her father (Kosmas Vitus) and mother (Agathe Vita) were competitive, outgoing and helped instill her with an intense drive to learn about the world around her. Her brother is an infant, and her younger sister- Galla- is a part of the Basileos’s Tagma of Amazons. Her eldest brother- Kaeso Vitus- died in battle, which allowed Galla to join the Amazons after serving in the Legion for four years.

Sadly, the expectations set by her parents for their children were high to the point of being toxic, and when Jocasta failed to join up as an Amazon due to being unable to meet physical and disciplinary requirements, her family showed intense disappointment and began to consistently compare her to Galla, which neither sister was pleased about. Galla had to keep her mouth shut about her displeasure towards her parents if she was to keep in their good graces and find a place in their will.

The decision to leave Astrakhan, therefore, was made out of anger, ambition and jealousy.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Inventarium e Abilita
(Inventory and Skills)
General Outfit and Inventory:

Being in the colder north, Jocasta has cast aside her shorter tunics in exchange for a longer tunic, a set of boots, and a pair of pants.

- Her Basic Tunic

- Her Bearskin Cloak, taken from a brown bear she took down herself. Here.

- Her utility cleaver that she hopes she never has to use on people. Here.

- A basic knapsack filled with bandages, bread, and water.

- A coinpurse.

- A little bag filled with dried dormouse treats for Casca

Fancy Outfit/Special Equipment:

- A fancy, silk tunic she purchased on a drunken impulse. In this link, it's the one on the far left. Sword not included.

- Her brother's rhomphaia. Right now, it's a rather rusty and bent up- she's hoping to get it fixed so she can properly train with it; not that she wants to have to use it. Here.

- Her sister's armilla- military armbands that serve as an award for good service. Galla gave them to her before she (Jocasta) swanned off in the middle of the night. Here.

Casca:

Casca has been Jo's constant companion for her three years of travelling. He is a northern goshawk, and being untrained, he is rather snotty and likes to screech (when he clearly knows it's not allowed). However, he has been slowly learning the trick of the falconing trade, even if he does use it to sniff out and steal sausages. Jocasta likes to complain about how whiny and uptight the bird is, but she loves him dearly, and Casca thinks of her as his mother. Here.

Skills:

Falconry- 5/10- Jocasta is a terrible falconer and is only really a novice. It doesn't help that Casca goes out of his way to do the opposite of her commands. Casca actually caught a rat a few days ago. It might be that the lack of game animals is what is causing him to bring back rubbish rather than real, living/dead animals.

Socializing- 5/10- Jocasta is easily shooed away, and has a hard time catching onto social norms and proper etiquette. She simply tries too hard to be likeable. Further, her disdain for table etiquette makes her a terrible dinner date. She's getting a little bit better at not being so reactive, but she's still quite obnoxious, even if it's usually unintentional.

Insults- 5/10- She's very good at poking fun at people- but doesn't like to make people feel bad, though she will often unintentionally do so anyways.

Fisticuffs- 6/10- While she can block, jab, hook, knee, elbow, and generally make use of her body as a weapon, she dislikes using violence to solve problems. However, if she is sufficiently hammered or insulted, she will take great pains to make sure her opponent feels her wrath.

Knife-play- 1/10- She just knows to stab and slice with the proper points, but she would rather save her knife for butchering whatever Casca catches.

Drinking- 5/10- Jocasta is slowly learning how to hold her alcohol- or maybe she's learning how to operate effectively when she's drunk off her ass. It's difficult to tell. Either way, the six tankards of warm beer a day are helping her.

Dancing- 10/10- Jocasta loves to dance, but will never do it in front of people.

Languages/Dialects:

Common (Language): Fluent.

Asrakosian (Dialect): She knows all the words and phrases of her homeland. Yet, her intense fear of being ridiculed or even attacked by the Northerners she’s surrounded by makes her usage of it to be limited.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Relazioni
(Relationships)
The Vitus/Vita Family:

Father (Kosmas)- Jocasta dislikes her father for his inability to admit his own mistakes and his habit of trying to live vicariously through his children. Still her dad, though. (NPC, but is up for grabs.)

Mother (Agathe)- Likewise, Jocasta dislikes her mother for the same reasons as above, as well as the fact that Agathe tries to pit her children against each other for her maternal affections and whatever property is in their will. Still, she's her mother, and she cannot help but feel some love for her. (NPC, but is up for grabs.)

Eldest Brother (Kaeso)- Jocasta was just five years old when Kaeso died, but she misses the stability his mature nature brought into the family. She has come to the understanding that his death was the likely catalyst for their parents' bad behavior. (NPC, but is up for grabs.)

Eldest Sister (Galla)- While it's not true, Jo is under the belief that Galla is out to get Jocasta and make her feel like the runt of the family. She's always been the stronger, faster, smarter and more ambitious one in the family, and Jocasta feels jealousy. However, their many close, sisterly moments together means that she still loves her dearly, even if she feels a lot of resentment. It's complicated. Last she heard before leaving, Galla was going to Sungrad as a volunteer Centurion for the Legion. (Played by me, currently, but I'd love to hand her off to someone later on.)

Youngest Brother (Nikolaos)- Nikolaos is just a baby. She misses him. (NPC, but is up for grabs.)

Friends:

Innis (Close Friend)- "I can't thank you enough for letting me stay with you in Linlea. I hope you and your husband find happiness soon. MelodyComplex

Eria (Friend?)- "So, like, now that I carried you halfway to Storm's Landing, are we friends? Is that how it works? Please tell me I did this right." Galaxy

Acquaintances:

The Barbarian (Acquaintance, Disliked)- "You need to learn how to chill the fuck out and not resort to threats. Life is hard, get over it." FrostGuardian

Kitrana Dawnriver (Acquaintance, Unsure)- "You're impressive, if a bit naggy. Even so, you're right- we're all fucking tired of being in Linlea." French Roast

Vashti (Acquaintance, Unsure)- "Sorry if I was annoying....but I was serious about having taken clothing off a dead guy. I think you would be a good companion to have around, but I doubt you'll warm up to me." Charybdis

Alek (Acquaintance, Unsure)- "You and that James lad should have just duked it with fists, honestly. Also, I'm stealing your seat from now on, pretty boy." Solus

Virnaak (Acquaintance, Unsure)- "You're just fucking weird. All slithery and- ugh." *Shudders.* Vincentius

Essannkah (Stranger)- "I guess I can't be too hard on you, since you're just a child, but being a pirate isn't fun." Melody

Gilligan (Stranger)- "You seem a bit whiny and overbearing. But you're small, chubby, and adorable, so that's fun." Samwych

Rivals/Enemies/People She Hates:

Schmidt (Hates)- "You're not half as shitty as I thought you were, kid, but you're still shitty, so don't celebrate." Boofenshmirtz

Last edited: