Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Johanna

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
{art by me}

“I will never be the woman whose shoes I was born to fill. I will be far greater.”
{ KEY INFORMATION }

True Name: Adelheid von Hallon
Variant of Adalheidis, meaning ‘noble.’
Hallon coming from the ancient westrons, a family of warlords and politicians, ruling house of the Empire of Anhald.
Nicknames: Jo, Adel, Adelaide

Alias: Johanna Fischer- a well-kept guise that most people still know her by. She introduces herself simply as "Johanna" to all that may ask.

Meaning 'God is gracious.' A variant of the alias her father took, Johan- although that was unknown to her until recently. "I suppose it all had to come in full circle."
Titles: They are fragments of a past life that has been all but forgotten.
Princess of Anhald, Acturus, and Lavoyarde
Lady of House Hallon
Pretender to the Throne
Fallen Royalty

Race: Human
Culture: Northerner, Anhalder.
Social Status: Supposedly of noble blood.
Height: 5’8”
Weight: Around 150 lbs.

Homeland: The North. Wellenbrecher.
Current Home: Wandering.
Wealth: Dwindling.

Status: Battling with her own conscience about her identity; her name, her purpose, and her place in the world. She has grown cold and distant with others and drawn within herself after an attempt on her life was made. She refuses to take her birth name but knows that keeping her alias, Johanna Fischer, is a battle that cannot be won. With either identity comes downfalls and struggle, things that she is not yet ready to face fully in light of her past. For now, she introduces herself as simply "Johanna" to all that ask.

{ PHYSIOLOGY }

Build: Considered athletic. She is naturally tall and builds muscle easily, though her weight fluctuates with her activity and diet.
Hair: Dark brown, nearly black. It is thick and wavy like her mother's.
Eyes: Limpid blue, framed by dark lashes and brows like her mother's.
Skin: Pale resulting from her Northern heritage.

Appearance: Her expression and countenance betray her emotions constantly, although she fears this transparency and does her best to mask it. Being young, she still carries with her a sense of insecurity. She is almost never spontaneous and she is very untrusting of others motives, something that is perhaps justified given her past. She holds all of the appearance of a Varyn from her mother's side, the Hallon features only showing through the sturdiness of her body and facial features.
Hygiene: Her teeth, hair, and nails are well-cared for. It seems she was brought up with some notion of her own hygiene.

Posture: When at ease, good posture comes naturally. In high stress situations she may seem uptight in her posture or even give way to leisurely position such as slouching in order to make herself seem smaller.
Gait: Quiet, cautious steps.
Dominant Hand: Right.
Voice:

Accent: Well-masked Northern (Rede) accent. Think light German accent that comes out more when she shouts or is put in a stressful situation.
Pitch: On the lower side for a woman, but not deviating too much from average.

Scars/Tattoos:
⇴ || A small scar above her lip.
⇴ || A scar along her forearm, around five inches long; earned in an assassination attempt.
⇴ || A scar on her right cheekbone that will leave a faint scar, also earned in an attempt on her life.

Diet: Full and healthy.

{ SKILLS }

Constellation Recognition {5/10}: she has a keen knack for naming constellations in the night sky. She is familiar with constellations such as the Northern Dagger, the Bull, the Silver Crown, the Northern Chalice, the Portal, and Grief.
Cleaning / Housekeeping {6/10}: her work in Queensport taught her how to clean up after others diligently.
People Watching: {7/10} ...Perhaps it runs in the family? She has become good at silent conversation, so you could put it- learning far more about others than they have a chance to learn about her while still making them feel like they know her well.

Languages:

Common: fluent, literate
Rede: fluent, literate, first language
{ COMBAT }

Peaceful or Violent: A healthy balance. She would preserve to solve her issues with diplomatic negotiation rather than violence.
Ability: She is clumsy and untrained but she has viewed many spars and intends to learn.

Strengths: She is athletic and tall.
Weaknesses: Little training.
Training:
Daggerplay {5/10}: She could likely wield one without harming herself. She has had some real-time experience, now, and has found a peculiar talent in the art of throwing them.
Swordplay {2/10}: she was taught basic footing and position by James Varyn.
Daily Exercise: She runs and preforms basic exercises such as planks on her own. Most of this was taught to her by Raalvara Varyn.
Hand to Hand {2/10}: she was taught basic positioning for punches by Raalvara and has sparred with several others since.

Exercise: Decently athletic.

Weaponry:

⇴ 11" Rondell dagger. It has a blue sapphire embedded in the pommel, which is conveniently kept covered with a tied rag to hide its value.
Damascus steel arming sword, carried in a scabbard. A 'gift' from Raalvara. { x } { x }

{ FAMILY }

Father: An emperor and conqueror born to his crown. They had a tumultuous relationship.
Mother: A Lady turned Empress. Absent and cold, but still her mother.
Siblings: A younger brother that all but squashed her existence in being born. She wonders about him often and hopes that he is like neither of their parents.
{ HISTORY }

⇴ Arrives in Linlea.
⇴ Stays at the Inn for a while before moving to a Boarding House on the Northern Isle.
⇴ Begins combat tutelage under James and Raalvara Varyn.
⇴ Involved in a confrontation with James Varyn, leaves the Boarding house and his guidance.
⇴ Raalvara gives her a sword and a large pouch of coin.
⇴ 'Breaks' into Raalvara and James' house (the door was unlocked). She does not find what she was looking for.
⇴ Flees Linlea with other refugees.
⇴ Elizabeth Kane offers her work and housing in Queensport.
⇴ Gambles. Charles owes her new boots and Otto owes her a new cloak.
⇴ Tentatively attends James' religious festival. Mostly out of curiosity.
⇴ Gets into a verbal and physical argument with Schmidt. Tells him a secret to ensure his loyalty.
⇴ The Kane’s accuse her of lying about her parentage. She is fired from her work and leaves Queensport for Storm’s Landing.
⇴ She reveals parts of her backstory to her second cousin, James, and finally admits to him (somewhat) her true identity.
⇴ Chats with Gael in Storm's Landing. Learns about his past.
⇴ Attends the Winter Ball in Queensport. Spends most of her time being a recluse.
⇴ Spends time with Schmidt, reveals to him her identity.
⇴ Spends time away from those she has grown to know out of the fear of her father's enemies pursuing her.
⇴ Returns to Storms Landing, intent on testing the loyalty of her closest friend. He attempts to kill her but fails. Johanna had known of his violent tendencies as they had been directed toward her twice before; but the rage in his eyes when he thrust his blade toward her throat was enough to shake the young woman badly.
⇴ Returns her mother's crown to the crypts in Oren with her estranged cousin, Richard.

{ ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS }

{Short-Term Goals} --
⇴ Find somewhere comfortable to stay. ( )
⇴ Train in self-defense. ( )
⇴ Find a swordplay teacher. ( )
{Long-Term Goals}--
⇴ Live to see the Ashen Blight destroyed. ( ✓ )
⇴ Make things right. ( )
⇴ Wilhelm Schmidt. ( )

⇴ Gain information about her family. ( - )
⇴ Find her mother. ( ✗ )
⇴ Live to see her parent's mistakes corrected. ( ✗ )

Personality: Her expression and countenance betray her emotions constantly, although she fears this transparency. She is extremely cautious of people but not unkind. She is extremely cautious of people but not unkind. Kindness, honor, and trustworthiness are all traits that she holds in high regard. Being young, she still carries with her a sense of insecurity. She is almost never spontaneous and she is very untrusting of others motives, something that is justified given her past.
Habits and Mannerisms:

⇴ Idle fiddling, fidgeting
⇴ People-watching. She only really observes those that she finds interesting.
Religious Values: She has yet to form her own opinions on the subject, but was raised an Ignite. She is against zealotry in all of its forms.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral.

Strengths: Quick Thinking + Well Mannered + Determined + Strong willed + Kind + Respectful +
Weaknesses: Strict Upbringing + Introverted + Ignorant + Fearful + Young + Stubborn + Lack of Mother Figure +
Fears:
Dragons + The Ashen Blight + Her Father + Disappointing Others + Suffering + Death + The Arcane +

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
{ RELATIONS }

FAMILY--
Albrecht von Hallon (Father): "Truly, father, I always felt that I failed you. My birth was the worst day of your life, when it should have been the greatest. I was your firstborn. I wanted you to love me more than anything, but alas. I was born with the curse of womanhood." Secretly, she is glad of his passing. She never wanted to face him again on this plane of existence.
Josephine Varyn (Mother): "I try not to dwell on my memories of you. I am not whether you were distant or hated me or both. I won't disappoint you." She had once wished to see her mother just once more, to show her the woman that she had become, but it was never to be.
Sigmund von Hallon (Brother): She has not seen him in a long time, but holds no grudge against him for being born and sending her life spiraling. She hopes that he is nothing like their parents.
James Varyn (Cousin): She has not seen the man in quite some time. { TheDeester }
CHERISHED--
RESPECTED--
LIKED--
Gael (Trouble)​
he is more honest than most knights she has met- then again, she hasn't met many. She wonders what caused such a rift between him and the Kanes, and she wonders if he knew her parents. She has not seen him in quite some time and is unaware of his death. { Scardrac }​
NEUTRAL--
Jaden (Ranger)​
she prefers him to his counterparts but knows very little about him. He seems to have an almost... Childish and spontaneous side to him that makes her slightly wary. { CloakedReaper }​
Otto (Loyal)​
he owes her a cloak. She respects his trust for Charles and thinks he is a decent kid. { Paint }​
Lisbet (Plain)​
she is a kind woman, Johanna thinks. She isn't sure if Lisbet is Charles' mistress or his servant- not that Johanna cares much. She appreciates having some sort of comforting company. { Elz }​
Raalvara Varyn (Emotional)​
she acts emotionally and does not check her husband when he crosses into uncomfortable territory. While she told James to let her go, she is still unsure of the woman and where her loyalties lie. "I can handle myself. I don't need you to protect me." { Raal }​
WARY--
DISLIKED--
ABHORRED--
Schmidt (Traitor)​
"I was right about you. If it took lying to you about my intentions to see how far you were willing to go, it was worth it. I know who you are now. I know what must be done." Johanna vows that she will one day kill this man, and by her own hand. { Boofenshmirtz }
{ art by me }​

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic

A ship is safe in harbor, but that is not what ships are for.”

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I like your reference. I almost used her for Niah a couple times, but never committed. Kahlan is a good character and so is Johanna. :)

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
⇴ The Kane’s accuse her of lying about her parentage. She is fired from her work and leaves Queensport for Storm’s Landing.
wot. They said they didn't care who her parents were or weren't, and she took her wages and left.