|=:=| Josef Mandovi |=:=|"Then as it was, then again it will be, and though the course may change sometimes...
Rivers always reach the sea."
Full Name: Josef Michele Tideborne Tiarch Fuvur Mandovi. Born JMM III, Josef has acquired many important names throughout his life that he considers a part of him for one reason or another. This has left him a very unwieldy full name and so he chooses to cut most of it out of even formal usage. His full initials would make out to be JMTTFM, but he typically signs JTM, leaving which middle name the initial stands for ambiguous.
Birth Year: Josef was born in PC 0140, about 100 years after the first Nether Portal is opened.
Age: Over 2,000 years old in mind, his body has aged to it's mid seventies and looks quite good for it's age. Think like... Paul Newman or something.
Race: Clearly Human
Social Status: Duke of the Broken South, Moghul of House Fuvur, and governor of Palmwood.
Marital Status: Unmarried. Committed relationship with his formal concubine, the Lady Adiella.
Weight: 155 lbs
Homeland: Port Silver, Norther Kingdoms
Current Home: Palmwood, Isla Vallaz
Build: Muscular, wirey build, especially for his age. He's strong and fit from regular exercise, travel, and landscaping work. He hasn't lasted this long by being sloth and hedonistic.
Hair: A mix of sun bleached blonde and grey. Used to be black.
Identifying Marks: Marks on torso, scaring on a number of places, tattoo of Tideborne Crest (the hourglass) on his wrist in dark ink that has obviously been kept touched up.
Appearance: Josef is almost always clean and well kept, his hair combed back and his pants tucked into his boots. He holds himself high, and takes his time to smile warmly and great the people he is around.
Clothing: White shirts, colored vests, dark slacks and boots fit for an explorer or colonist. In any climates non-tropical, he dons a heavy coat and several layers. In formal settings, he wears various uniforms, ball coats, or other such extravagances. Prefers to wear white, blue, or red.
Hygiene: Superb for the time.
Voice: Pleasant, warm, and seductive in its mannerisms; Josef does his absolute best to honey his words and please everyone, it's simply become second nature.
Demeanor: Under almost all circumstances, Josef is typically very polite and not usually one to speak down to people or get angry. He likes to give compliments, and is very level headed. He is not quick to anger or violence, and is somewhat animated when excited. By most conventional metrics, Josef is a down-to-earth, kind, relatable person to keep company with. What was once an act is now effortless normalcy.
In special conditions, this facade can be broken and breached. When it is taken down, Josef has a great deal of difficulty displaying emotion and instead tends to shut down. What expression he does give is considerably less smooth, as he tends to be irritated and aggressive at this point. Josef needs to be exceedingly flustered for this to happen.
QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
- Observant-- Tends to notice minute details about most everything, especially when stressed
- Wealth of Knowledge-- During his long life, Josef has accumulate many useful skills, including medical practices, redstone engineering, architecture, botany, cartography, sailing, alchemy, and swordplay.
- Enigma-- Leading dual lives, lying to everyone he knows and keeping secrets for years on end are all things Josef has no issue with doing. They don't bother him or weight on him.
- Emotional Command-- Josef can typically display whatever emotion he likes, to a degree that is nearly impossible to distinguish from the real deal.
- Tropical Acclimation-- Josef has lived in the tropics for a very long time, and is adjusted to hot, humid climates. Heat does not fatigue him nearly as much, and he is quite comfortable in the sun.
- Political Target-- In recent years, Nwalme has drawn Josef into the ring of politics. As moves have been made to expand the Fuvur Empire, and take control of colonies, Josef has been rewarded territory to keep under his watchful eye. He doesn't loose sleep at night, but he sometimes worries that a plot may brew beneath him to depose him.
- Social Suicide-- There is always the thought in the back of his head that something horrible about him could be exposed and that he could somehow be ruined. It's paranoia.
- Shattered Conspiracy-- Josef puts most of his energy into planning and executing complex conspiracies which can take years to complete. These efforts, and their various statuses are always on his mind to some extent.
- I am a Rock, I am an Island-- Josef distrusts almost everyone, and is not open about his worldview, past, age, or any other intimacies. Not only this, but Josef is also a sociopath without strong or stable emotions. Having lived a long, deceptive and secretive life has set Josef up to be very poor at sharing these things and he is very accustomed to those close to him dying while he lives on. It is very hard for Josef to open up to anyone and in his long life the people who have earned this trust can be counted on a single hand. There are just very few people who can make Josef care like that.
- Solitary Man-- Josef does not travel and can only be reliably found in his tropical home on Palmwood or in the Fuvur Capitol Sanardu. It is very uncommon for him to travel anywhere else whatsoever -- only very special meetings and official events coax him out to anywhere else.
- Pride-- Stubbornly believes he knows best. Is not one to listen to the wisdom of others and is highly skeptical of the qualifications of others (at least inwardly). Takes insults to his character deeply and demands respect of those whom he believes are (in some way) beneath him.
- Advanced Age-- Josef, while in fantastic physical shape for his age, is aged to seventy years. He can't run, swim, climb or fight like he used to. He's not frail, but a surprise excretion of energy can sap him, or leave him winded.
- Cold Blooded-- Does not fair well in cold environments, even in temperate climates he is chilled. He loses energy and gets fatigued faster in temperate or frigid climates.
Languages: Common, Elven, can read Mok'yra but can't really speak it for being so out of practice. He would be able to learn Mok'yra easier than others if taught, and speaks Elven like a native. When he's with his Fuvur cohorts, he adopts the local dialect to fit in better. Can read and understand ancient/dead languages, but doesn't know how to speak them or write proficiently with them.
Profession(s): Politician, Island Governor, Physician, Teacher and Philosopher.
ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality: Deceptively open, optimistic and caring. Josef in general is a personable, down-to-earth figure who loves to host and talk casually with most people.
Religion or Cults: Despises all the Gods in numerous ways.
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Short Term Goals:
- Help Nwalme with his arcane-research project and other Fuvur related activities.
- Develop [various individuals] as (an) asset(s).
- Find suitable candidates to educate as a protege.
- Grow more powerful as a user of the arcane, learning from his friends Nikolche or Nwalme.
- Marry his Beloved, the Lady Adiella.
- Have more children.
- Cultivate a philosophical successor either from his children or proteges.
Josef Mandovi is a tremendously talented physician who has spent the better part of his life learning, and hiding how he learns. His young life was dull and mostly meaningless, getting little attention from his young and scientifically active parents. As a young adult, his peers pushed him to expand his learning as he moved towards success. Josef lived much of his life believing strongly in his actions, his path, his future, and his belief that he could not fail. Once he discovered that his aging had been stopped, it became his dream for many lifetimes to create a society of people without crime, savagery, chaos, or evil. He did a lot of things, to a lot of people, to try and get there. He mostly worked alone, but there were times when he had followings. All the time, he made sacrifices to his vision. Unfortunately, you cannot walk with the holy, if you're just a halfway decent man. Josef knew a person like himself would have no place in the world he hoped to create, but he felt it would never come to be without the brutalist measures he employed.
As it came to be, the sacrifices made in his great vision were all in vain. Great peace and good do not come from monstrous evil. The doctor's ambitions and methods were uncovered and for years he was hunted by several circles. Only powerful friends in a large crime family stopped his demise.
Josef out lived most of his enemies, as the world was plagued by war and threatened by supernatural forces. When things stabilized, Josef was left with an empty home. Mostly everyone he knew was dead, and his island colony Sundown Isle was barren and derelict. Feeling secluded and depressed, Josef seldom left his island as he recieded further and further from the world. Storms frequently tore Sundown Isle apart, and there was no one but him to fix it. Overcome with a sense of failure and decay, Josef surrendered to his fate.
Before the end could snap around him, Josef received a letter from an old friend, Nwalme, telling him to come with the members of House Furvur and sail for the New World. Choosing to leave his old dreams behind, Josef sailed onward, hoping to find vision and to let go of his demons at last. Landing in the chilly, maritime east coast of the New World, Josef traveled south to build a new home on the hot and humid southern island of Isla Vallaz. He built a rum plantation, and a new laboratory. Though initially optimistic, Josef soon found that it was to take more than a simple change of scenery to breathe new life into him. It wasn't long until he fell into a virtually identical routine, complete with his familiar destructive tenancies, which lasted for over a year.
As luck would have it, Josef was met with a number of new opportunities, and people, who would revitalize his life once more. Today, his days are a little brighter, and his motions a little more deliberate. He's found purpose, and set his sights on perhaps the most valuable prize he has sought out.
His past sorted, and his future planned, Josef makes the final sprint to the water's edge as the sun slowly sinks below the horizon...