Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

JovaSova's application [Approved - ToastySpam]

Jova

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
JovaSova

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Croatia

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the use of real life knowledge and using it as in-character information to gain an unfair advantage.

Powergaming is doing an act without the other persons opinion. For example: "I come behind you and stab you in the back."

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jase

8. Tell us about yourself!
I like playing video games, especially strategic, fantasy, roleplaying and action genres. I play Minecraft and League of Legends. I have a little maltese puppy and I love her... a lot.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
My brother was looking for a fantasy server and he found this one.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Ornn

Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarf

Appearance:
Short and full of bruises from years of work in the forge. Long brown beard dirty from charcoal. Brown eyes with thick eyebrows
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

When I was a little boy, I always loved my father. My father was a blacksmith renowned for his great work in the shop, I always liked to watch him work and he would sometimes let me smelt the iron and pour it into the cast. He was a fair and honest man although my younger brother Okrum saw him a little differently. Okrum was more connected to our mother and he loved to learn about the history of Altera. Our family was a little bit separated but me and my brother were in good relations and we often liked to talk about where will we go when we grow up. Our mother told us that everyone was good in their own way and that we just had to know them, but my father said that people are the greatest evil on Altera and that we can never trust them. When i had free time I would try to smith on my own and as years past i got better and better at it. The feeling when I was pouring the metal was different every time. Sometimes i felt like the metal was alive and that i was preparing it for battle. That feeling when i picked up the hammer and started to shape the broadsword sharpening the blade. I did everything i could to make the sword sharper but i had only the basic skills. One day I was helping my father in the forge and he always liked talking about the wars. He didn't know much about them, so I asked my brother every night to tell me what happened in the wars. As we grew up we wanted to explore the world ourselves. My brother wanted to learn more about The Frostpeak clan while i wanted to learn more about smithing as i only had basic knowledge. So when the day came me and my brother packed our belongings and for the first time we saw our father cry. Our mother wept louder as the house got more distant. While we traveled my brother did a lot of questionable things, I saved him a lot of times because he was following the advice mother gave him while I followed my fathers advice not to trust or believe anyone. And so we were on our way to discover the rest of Altera beyond our borders.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
CONGRATULATIONS!

Hey! I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game; there is no need to read all the links straight away. Go ahead and get started! +

Survival Guide
Read this to help when you login!

The King's Law
Server rules.

Roleplay
A guide to the basics of roleplay formatting.

The Official Lore & The Lore Book
If you need information on the world, this is the place to look.

In-Game Character Cards
So you don't have to describe your character every time you meet someone new.

Donate to the Server!
Do this to help keep us going - as well as earn some nifty rewards.

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team will not hesitate to deal with reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+