Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[June 18th] Act 3

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
we did not get 'right to it' the event took two days. around 2 and a half hours each. and as for our strategy? we went nearish to the coast in a boat. then we went north from the eridan ruins. and just kept going from there with the plan of reaching dusk port. we happened to find along the way. I am sorry that you find it sketchy, but trust me when I say that there was no metagaming involved.
This is legitimately all I've wanted from the very beginning of the critique - an expedition plan that denotes why the path chosen was chosen.

Data to rebut data. I'm not interested in grilling people, I am just looking for "Why did this path get picked" enough to be able to moderate down any public suspicion.

Thus, as I said I would, I retract my previous sentiment.

Last edited:

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Is this much of a backlash something that's reasonable in response to somebody's legitimate concern over potential metagaming?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Truthfully Naelwyn, they don't have to prove to you specifically with stats, details, logs of data on any strategy they used for an event they planned to enjoy if they do not want to. They only need to talk to the current Event head and their DM about any thoughts, plans, and actions they planned to do to search for the Bastion and they did. They scheduled an event ahead of time, and they had a DM who was prepared for it ahead of time. I am unsure why you are calling out players who are trying to enjoy themselves for a group effort. There are more players then just one group and I hope you do understand that. This should be a fun event.
I've never claimed that folks /were/ required to tell me? I am, however, allowed to have my opinion that something was sketchy until it's otherwise justified though, and to tell people as such.

I am unsure why you are calling out players who are trying to enjoy themselves for a group effort. There are more players then just one group and I hope you do understand that. This should be a fun event.
Because rushing along the event to completion is still no cause for us to break our long-held view on metagaming for the sake of fun? This is remarkably condescending and uninsightful of you. I am calling out players because at a distance of an outsider those actions look like metagaming and I want to know the actual justification. Having gotten that from them, as I said I would, I thus retract my critique. Do you understand why such actions should be undertaken? It doesn't sound like you do.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I've never claimed that folks /were/ required to tell me? I am, however, allowed to have my opinion that something was sketchy until it's otherwise justified though, and to tell people as such.

Because rushing along the event to completion is still no cause for us to break our long-held view on metagaming for the sake of fun? This is remarkably condescending and uninsightful of you. I am calling out players because at a distance of an outsider those actions look like metagaming and I want to know the actual justification. Having gotten that from them, as I said I would, I thus retract my critique. Do you understand why such actions should be undertaken? It doesn't sound like you do.
I understand you're making an accusation of meta-gaming public which in turn is not making anyone here feel good about having to read a tone like that for all to see. You should have first gone to the DM in question and created a conversation with the players if you were worried about meta-gaming.

Edit: Thank you for retracting your statement, but please next time, take it to a private conversation.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I understand you're making an accusation of meta-gaming public which in turn is not making anyone here feel good about having to read a tone like that for all to see. You should have first gone to the DM in question and created a conversation with the players if you were worried about meta-gaming.

Edit: Thank you for retracting your statement, but please next time, take it to a private conversation.
Public allegation or statement, public response, Private allegation or statement, private response.

When the datum impacts the public, and is announced in public, it can be thus debated in public. Else people can just state and do things while a private conversation is pending and have it treated as fact when thus contested.

Eg:
"I have an olympic-sized swimming pool filled with silver specie seized from Hierax reserves, and invite everyone to come grab a fistful."
"Come fight the Skeletors cult in the Northern Kingdoms"

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
If you have nothing better to contribute to debate than memes, don't contribute. You haven't changed much in your few years absence.
Alright, being from the public eye looking in. I'm asking everyone here to knock it off. It's annoying to see, and the passive aggressive remarks are unnecessary. It's honestly coming off as spiteful at this point.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Public allegation or statement, public response, Private allegation or statement, private response.

When the datum impacts the public, and is announced in public, it can be thus debated in public. Else people can just state and do things while a private conversation is pending and have it treated as fact when thus contested.
This is a community, Naelwyn. There'll be talks, there'll be rumors. If you make your discontent known so publicly it derails from the subject and purpose. I repeat- This is not making anyone feel good about reading and being accused of- that's why if you have an issue, we take it to privately. (And we will)

Let's all derail. I do hope people enjoy today's event.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Alright, being from the public eye looking in. I'm asking everyone here to knock it off. It's annoying to see, and the passive aggressive remarks are unnecessary. It's honestly coming off as spiteful at this point.
Please do not contribute to the bitterness pile by speaking to them as if from a position of authority, these are adults and I think they can handle it themselves. Truthfully this is in the event scheduled to be private up until indicated publicity by me with Lannis, and it's not bothering me. Staff has made their place clear and so I'm not going to add to the conversation, but I don't want anybody getting mad at you, Cukie, for telling instead of asking them to stop.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I've done that a few times, found things I personally felt were problems with people's statements, threads, etc... calling them out in public is never a good option. All that's ever going to do is escalate things into salt and anger, just take things to a private pm so that, at worse, if you two have an argument, it's not out there for the world to see.
message with words
uhm... she did ask, asking is in her comment

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Speaking as the one that DMed their many-hour trek through the jungle- They arranged their expedition well ahead of time, and spent most of it investigating unrelated areas. I was with them for it all, would have called them out if I suspected metagaming. If there are any further questions, kindly address them in a PM. /rerail

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Speaking as the one that DMed their many-hour trek through the jungle- They arranged their expedition well ahead of time, and spent most of it investigating unrelated areas. I was with them for it all, would have called them out if I suspected metagaming. If there are any further questions, kindly address them in a PM. /rerail
Something Something we got lost so many times it wasn't funny.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
And, on topic of rerail- Dungeon is not happening today, but other happenings are.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Formal Rygan stance: Nael's defense is appreciated but honestly it doesn't matter if the entire server knows where the bastion is unless they've got the stones. I personally don't think they meta gamed intentionally, if at all, but hell - If you see me on the dynamic map once, are you supposed to just never find it? ( Shoutouts to Lannis )

I'd like to apologise to everyone for the delay, but it's for a number of in-character reasons. First off, research we got back from the loremaster (after waiting for an entire month) came only after we scheduled this and showed that doing it wouldn't be in our best interests right off the bat without trying some other stuff first. Second, my character who has been leading his little party is on crutches at the moment following his Big Guy Magic Fight with Elias.

I'd also like to address the concept that I'm hoarding the campaign for myself. There are only two active groups still looking about doing shit, which is my group and the other group that found the bastion. I've been working with them. This is a player driven campaign that requires initiative - I decided to take a break from looking for bastions and no one did anything in twenty days. There were so many chances to partake in the campaign and waiting around for the free public dungeon wasn't one of them.

( Shoutouts to Faelin too )

Last edited: