Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[June 18th] Act 3

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Rygan I thought people said they had found all the bastion locations months ago, and were waiting for staff to let them in? The only complaints on the forums I have seen before this is that people wanted more player agency, and now it's an issue of players having to much agency and not acting on it?

I'm so confused with the recent chain of events going from one extreme of complaints to the other. Can I get get an explanation for this oddity?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Rygan I thought people said they had found all the bastion locations months ago, and were waiting for staff to let them in? The only complaints on the forums I have seen before this is that people wanted more player agency, and now it's an issue of players having to much agency and not acting on it?

I'm so confused with the recent chain of events going from one extreme of complaints to the other. Can I get get an explanation for this oddity?
The Bastions were located but when the third one was hunted for the location was changed based on staff feeling of , and I could be wrong here this is just my interpretation of what I saw, that the Bastion was found far too easily. So it was moved via WE to a random place in the same general area of the world map. So Rygan spent 18? 20ish? Something up there searching for it again and found it.

The rest I'll leave for him as theres been some drama and I haven't been keeping up too well.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil

Essentially - It's extremely hard in-character to find a reason to continue the dungeons when it appears as though they're the reason everything is going horribly. The shadows are becoming more tangible and aggressive and the wards are starting to fail. OOC I really want to, obviously, because I want the new map. But it'd require me breaking character horribly to the point where I wouldn't really find it enjoyable (not that the dungeons have proved to be enjoyable themselves so far). I was cocky that I'd found the jungle one, but it took me a long time to to find because Lannis (RRREEEEEIIIIIII) said he'd not moved it to anywhere I'd already searched, then...moved it to somewhere I'd already searched. No hard feelings, though, that was like two weeks ago. I just mentioned that because Immerael brought it up. I'm trying to find reasons to do the dungeon but it requires more work with our currently absent loremaster.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
So I heard this was canceled. is it coming back? or just gone for good?
Until Rygan decides to go ahead with the event, it will not be coming back.

EDIT: This is unless staff decide to push it forwards through some other mechanic. This is unlikely though (at least from my point of view).

Last edited:

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Until Rygan decides to go ahead with the event, it will not be coming back.

EDIT: This is unless staff decide to push it forwards through some other mechanic. This is unlikely though (at least from my point of view).
So we need to make a new event chain where we siege Rygan and take the bastions back?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
(It was a joke)

I know somebody has them privately. I doubt it'd take me long to trace it back to Rygan.
While true it is possible Jason does a good job of covering his tracks. Azure's been investigating mage murder since it happened and he just now got a "That description sounds a whole lot like Jason." Even still he has no proof yet. On top of that there's a growing number of folks who ICly want to put the Bastions back.

Azure n crew found out the Bastions are weakening our wards and have proof. Edward, Eltsir n crew fought some in the NK's borders. Honestly ICly the logic to continue pulling them is oh so very shaky. "We're hopping the Immortal Kings will get invovled and Clain was right at this point."

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
While true it is possible Jason does a good job of covering his tracks. Azure's been investigating mage murder since it happened and he just now got a "That description sounds a whole lot like Jason." Even still he has no proof yet. On top of that there's a growing number of folks who ICly want to put the Bastions back.

Azure n crew found out the Bastions are weakening and have proof. Edward, Eltsir n crew fought some in the NK's borders. Honestly ICly the logic to continue pulling them is oh so very shaky. "We're hopping the Immortal Kings will get invovled and Clain was right at this point."
tfw jason is the only blond guy in the northern kingdoms

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her

Azure n crew found out the Bastions are weakening our wards and have proof. Edward, Eltsir n crew fought some in the NK's borders. Honestly ICly the logic to continue pulling them is oh so very shaky. "We're hopping the Immortal Kings will get invovled and Clain was right at this point."
But, the wards are Shalherana's. If the wards are failing, then that proves that Shalherana is fading doesn't it? Wouldn't it then be smart to try and bring the gods back through the bastions rather than wait and do nothing?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
If Skraag is the one who reanimates the undead in the sorrowsland who do you think is the one sending the undead army at us?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
But, the wards are Shalherana's. If the wards are failing, then that proves that Shalherana is fading doesn't it? Wouldn't it then be smart to try and bring the gods back through the bastions rather than wait and do nothing?
The wards are king work

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Wards are the Immortal Kings.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Well, I guess that means removing the bastions is a terrible idea... Huh.
Which is my dilemma. I don't wanna fuck our chances at a new map and of having a campaign, but I'm really struggling to find an IC reason to do, well...anything.