Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [June 22nd] A Lover's Reverie

Purgatoris

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Purgatoris
Purgatoris
Blessed

Image courtesy of Pinterest
Banner by ThisPoisonedOne on DeviantArt

Imagine a time where your worries stand still,
Your memories calm and your heart yearns to play.
Take off your work hats and put down your quill,
And don your best dress for a dance you will stay.
For now is the time of romance and will,
To be free from your woes and to let your feet stray.
Pick up your skirt and mind all the frills,
Join us for merriment on this here feast day!

[ A Lover's Reverie ]

Julianne Vhalakis and her co-host, Bardic Champion Gerard McIvy, are to host a festival of love in Sallana's name in the town of Linistel! With permission from Lady Arianne Silveira, they hope to bring some heart and hope to the town where it has been all so quiet as of late.
There will be food & drinks, music, dancing, and general merriment to be had by all as well as a few small competitions/games.

- Flash Poetry Competition -

The rules for this are simple - each contestant will be given a themed picked from a hat by the hosts themselves, and must create a poem within sixty seconds and no longer. Once finished, the contestants must then perform their small poems one by one and the hosts choose who goes on to the next rounds. This repeats until we are down to a single winner.

~ 1000 Radiants ~
~ A cornucopia of roses and fruits ~

- Rulers of the Dance -

A 'King' and 'Queen' of the festival will be selected from guests by the end of the night. Awarded for their dress, their dance, and possibly their bonds too. As an incentive to dress well in one's finest clothes and dance the night away without worry. Those selected will earn a small prize from the hosts.

~ 2500 Radiants each ~
~ A free tailory job each courtesy of Miss Vhalakis ~

- Apple Bobbing -

Small but fun, this is meant to be a fun game than anything else. A group of contestants will each line up in front of water-filled buckets full of apples and bob themselves down to try and catch an apple between their teeth. The first one to do so is said to have great fortune in their loved life, and marriage on the horizon. Hands will be tied behind the back to prevent cheating.

+ Plush toy prize! Nothing big, but festival-themed and meant for novelty. +

We hope to see you there for a fun time! Be sure to dress in your very best suits and frocks!

[ OOC ]

Generally this event is a bit of an excuse to have a little fun and laughs without the competition being all too serious, but still give in-character incentive to come. Juli is hosting it in Sallana's name in hopes it will show her devotion but not everyone needs to be devoted to Sallana to join in!

Host: Julianne Vhalakis
Co-Host: Gerry McIvy
When: June 22nd, 6 EST / 11 GMT
Where: Gerry McIvy's Home Estate, Linistel
Who?: Everyone is invited!
Consent Rating: Moderate

If you want to sign up for the poetry competition or apple bobbing please fill out the form below;

Character Name:
IGN:
Game/Competition Entry:

Everyone is automatically entered for the Rulers of the Dance.

[ Competitors ]

Flash Poetry Entrants:

Kublai Kull [Bartooliinii]
Eria D'Amryun [Galaxy]
Agnar [Kamaoe]
Nonus Hostilius Herennius [ToastySpam]
Milah Sicarus [Jazzper]
Jaden Seeker [CloakedReaper]
Cymic Seymour [Cymic]
-
-
-

Apple Bobbing Entrants:
Theodosia Engem [lycana]
Milah Sicarus [Jazzper]
Jaden Seeker [CloakedReaper]
Podric Flanders [Liam]
Cymic Seymour [Cymic]
Sigrid Ehrensvard [Hiraetha]
Jin Elsattir [Olligreen]
Ayda Ulamyar [Ayda]
-
-​

Attachments

Last edited:

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
I would like to remind people that any events that partake in the region need consent from me at least OOCly minimum since it is still MY region.
Lily_ isn't the main owner of Linistel so please, message me either Discord or Forums before you do so!!!

Purgatoris

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Purgatoris
Purgatoris
Blessed
I would like to remind people that any events that partake in the region need consent from me at least OOCly minimum since it is still MY region.
Lily_ isn't the main owner of Linistel so please, message me either Discord or Forums before you do so!!!
Seconding this as I had only found out about that rule after I'd been given IC permission from Arianne and had to ask Ruu OOCly after!

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Will try to attend with Flatulence if I can : )

Edit: oof maybe not. That appears to be when I am away

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Character Name: Pegleg Kublai
IGN: Bartooliinii
Game/Competition Entry: Poetry

lycana

Lord of Altera
Hero
FlyingDingo78900
FlyingDingo78900
Hero
Time for Drew and Theo to bust out the cheesy pick up lines while in a formal-ish dance setting again. I'm hyped!

Character Name: Theodosia Engem
IGN: FlyingDingo78900
Game/Competition Entry: Apple Bobbing

Purgatoris

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Purgatoris
Purgatoris
Blessed
This is your casual reminder that this is in 2 days! Remember to dress your characters in their fanciest frocks and apply for the small contests!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Did the poetry contest rules change or did I just not read them well enough?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Nah I just haven't put up a competitor listing yet ^.^ Kub is in fam
Oh I meant that I think I hadn't read that we had 60 seconds, was planning on singing a song on the scene haha
But this 60 seconds rule is pretty cool, so would love to try that!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I might be a bit late for this one, since it's on the same date as our bi-weekly party, but I'll make sure to join.
I signed up Kublai, while I did the roses / wine trades with Lazarus. Not sure who I should bring now.
Also Jeroxia why haven't you signed up Gerry for the poetry? :eek:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Gonna be there as Ayda. Buuut - I might sign up for the bobbing for apples thing. :D

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
I'm still absent. I absolutely hate everything about this, but I'm too busy to do anything with this
I might not even be able to attend due to well, dying inside.
I might be a bit late for this one, since it's on the same date as our bi-weekly party, but I'll make sure to join.
I signed up Kublai, while I did the roses / wine trades with Lazarus. Not sure who I should bring now.
Also Jeroxia why haven't you signed up Gerry for the poetry? :eek:

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
Character Name: Eria D'Amryun
IGN: GalaxyCrazyWolf
Game/Competition Entry: Flash Poetry

lets hope life doesnt fail me

Purgatoris

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Purgatoris
Purgatoris
Blessed
This is tonight! At around 6PM EST. Signs will be placed going from Linistel's docks toward the festival area to show the way.

For those who don't know how to get to Linistel, it is: Storm's Landing > Mockingbay > Linistel. There's a ship on the other end of Mockingbay toward Linistel.