Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Now [June 25th] What's with the big tree? [OOC event]

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
It is open, guys!
Go marvel at the wonders of the new world! :D

1.png
This big tree, in case you haven't been to spawn lately and/or you're blind.

This is an OOC event, with an OOC tree (there's a sign on it. Don't RP with the tree).

If you feel like checking out the new map, roll up to the tree near spawn on Saturday morning after I get home from work (AWST GMT + 8) and we'll go from there :)

EDIT: Please note, we're still making edits and changes to the map, but this is an opportunity to look around and enjoy the map first hand.

EDIT 2: Ok guys, few things you need to know when you access the new world. First of all; you will be in spectator mode only. You cannot interact with the environment. You won't be able to see other players either (unless they're staff in a different game mode). This is completely OOC and there is no RP access to the new world until we say otherwise.

The dynamap for the new world is now visible (http://minecraft.worldofaltera.co.uk:8123/ and choose 'NewWorld' from the drop down menu to the right).

guide 1.png

This is important, because the new map is absolutely massive, so you'll need the dynamap to get around. When you hover over a position on the dynamap, it will show you the x y and z coordinates on the left under 'Location'

guide 2.png

We have given you access to a command which lets you teleport to particular coordinates. The command is '/tppos x y z', where 'x y z' are the coordinates you've taken from the dynamap. Please be aware, the map will constantly keep 'y' at 65. Y relates to height; we do not have a completely flat map, and if you put y at 65, you will often end up underground. I recommend putting it in at 200 - will keep you above most mountains. At the end of the day though, you can't take fall damage and you can't suffocate underground because of spectator mode, but you might just be confused when the terrain is 100 blocks above you.

guide 3.png

There are no commas in the command and please use whole numbers. Also, ignore the '[yaw] [pitch]', you don't need it.

You also have access to the /speed command, which has the potential to make you really, really fast, making it easier to get around the new map.

guide 4.png

You will be flying around the world, so you want to set the type as 'flying'. The maximum speed you can set is 10, however if you're accessing the server using a potatotop, you might want to set it a bit less.

EDIT 3: We're still playing around with some terrain stuff, so play nice and don't lose your bananas over it if the entire thing isn't perfect.

Last edited:

*cuts down tree*
*Makes wardrobe*
*climbs into wardrobe*
*waves at Mr. Tumnus*

In other news... I'm trying to get my work done for the week so that I can stream this during the weekend.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
could you make one of those countdown things? timezones down under confuse me

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
For EST, it's literally 12 hour difference, though it would be on Friday.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Nope because I don't know what time I'll get home from work; if I say x o'clock and then get overtime, everyone will get cranky :p

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Guys, please stop spamming the thread, and also edited in a guide for getting around the new map in the original post.