Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

K9 II - The Night of the Living Whitelist [Approved- Ayda]

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
1. What is your Minecraft username?
K9_Diarmuid

2. How old are you?
I'm 22

3. What country are you from?
Ireland

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
You know it pal

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the use of OOC knowledge to spur on IC actions, using player knowledge as character knowledge without any IC justification. EG: I know John is in Storms landing because my friend told me on Discord, so I go there IC even though Light couldn't possibly know.

Powergaming is when a player uses emotes or actions that force a player they're RPing with to have a certain outcome. In a fight, it would be emoting an attack with which there is only one possible outcome, decided by the first emoter.
EG: I emote something along the lines of *Light parries his attack, and responds with a stab hitting John straight into the throat*

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
NIKO MY BOY

8. Tell us about yourself!

Hey, what's up guys, it's ya boy K9 back at it again with another SICK Hollowworld Application

Hey, my name's Diarmuid, and I'm an old vet of Hollowworld. I took a temporarily extended temporary leave of absence that went on for approx. a year, but I could never be gone gone.

I'm a 22 year old videographer based in Dublin, Ireland. I like taking long dumps and sleeping in so that I'm late for everything ever. I take photos as a hobby, I make videos for a living.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

https://www.instagram.com/just_diarmuid/

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

It came to me in a dream

About Your Character!

Character Name:

Light Fuvur-Kav

Character Age:

Born some time in 2232

Character Race:

Elf

Appearance:
Light is small in height for an elf, of medium build, and bald as bald can be. A wiry bead hides his cheek, a plethora of scars litter his face

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

As the sodden grass squelched beneath his feet, Light realised it was time to return.

It had been months- no, years, since Light had left his friends and family in Sanardú that day. After foolishly challenging a Caparii that had wronged him, he was left disabled, debilitated. A skinny Elf armed with naught but sword and staff could not hope to best a Caparii built like a castle, but something drove him to try and do it anyhow, and then the Caparii drove something into his face. Light fled to mountains that were not his to call home, an endless mazes of ridges and furrows hiding his trail from any who sought to find him. After all that he had done, Light was alone. Perhaps, if he had just left in the first place, then things would not be so difficult for those who once loved him.

Those years of solitude had been long and tiring, but also easy. An escape from his duties as a leader to some, teacher to others, and whatever else he was to the rest of these people. Although he was beaten, battered, he took the scars that adorned his body to mean that he was stronger than what had hurt him. So, he mentally rebuilt himself. For days on end, Light would meditate atop peaks, not expanding his mind outward, but inward, always inward. The breaks he took were only out of necessity; sustenance and rest.

He farmed the land at the base of the mountains as best he could, drank from fresh springs cascading down the mountainsides. Most importantly, he saw no living creature in sight, barring his pet and friend, Meagie the Magpie. In all that mighty realm of earth and stone, he could see no sign of man. Not the presence of man, nor the tracks, nor the handiwork of them. There was barely even a beast to be seen, the odd goat perhaps. The days were cold, the nights were colder. The fire that crackled warmed his bones, the food he farmed filled his belly. It was easy, and it was peaceful.

However, as Light learned, easy does not always mean right. And so when the rains came, he knew he must return to the land of people. To a place of expectations, pressure, and danger. To a place where one must be perpetually hungry to succeed, and not even the brightest fires can warm one's cockles. He left, taking away any remains of his presence. It was not the first time he scorched himself from the land. Vera Vigi, Riseport, now here.

Leaving, he ran his fingers over a small engraving he left in the stone. He thought of his father, he shed a tear for his brother, Aryus, and he longed for those who may still call him friend.

"I will arise and go now", said the engraving.

And so, he did.

Current Setting of the Server:

For days, it rained. The coasts were battered by bolstered waves, and the fields turned to lakes that could swallow a caravan. For some, it was an omen.

The evil promises came true. As the storms slipped back out to sea and the sun's auburn hues could again be seen rising over the horizon, something dark crept out from the cavern depths. A dangerous, and mysterious plague gripped Altera by ferocious surprise. At first, it was studied in quite isolation by academics, but soon it became clear that this was no mere curse of nature. Plague beasts, monstrous mutated abominations, stormed research facilities, escalating the situation into a full scale struggle. Across the lands, people became displaced from their homes as monster and plague altered their way of life.

The lands of Altera are poised in dire straits, but there is hope. The sun still shines, and opportunities for glory grow like tentative vines. All over, people are fighting, innovating and living in spite of the darkness below. Will you join them?

-K9

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Welcome back, bud!

Wanted to just mention super fast about your whitelist!

• Half-Races aren't a thing anymore. You would have to be an elf or a human.

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Yera gowan elf it is pal

-K9

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Yera gowan elf it is pal

-K9
Dunno if that was another language, BUT! :heart:

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.