• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Active Kitrana Dawnriver, the Crestfallen

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Legend
French_Roast
French_Roast
Legend
Kitrana Dawnriver.png
<GENERAL INFORMATION>

Name: Kitrana Dawnriver

Other Names: Kit (some close friends she allows to call her this), Kitty, Kitty-cat (she hates these)

Titles: Dame [Removed: Grandmistress of the Knights of Rahas]

Kitrana face sketch.png

Race: Human

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Current Residence: Arget Isles

Relationship Status: Engaged

Social Status: Dame

<PHYSICAL APPEARANCE>

Height: 5'10

Weight: 152 lbs.

Eye Color: Hazel

Skin Color: A pale northern skin tone

Shape of Face: Heart-shaped

Distinguishing Features: None really

Build of Body: Toned, athletic, fairly muscled

Hair Color: Blonde

Hair Style: Straight, worn about chest-length

Complexion: Light, cool

Posture: Straight-backed and noble, holding herself well

Is Seen By Others As: Some see her as bold and noble, some as headstrong but well-meaning, and some as selfish and heartless

Scars:
+ A scar from a small stab to her lower left thigh
+ Dark, long claw marks across the back of her right hand

Voice: Alto, clear with a slight harsh edge to it often

<PERSONALITY>

Description:
A woman fiercely devoted to Rahas, she is generally cool and level-headed, hiding her emotions behind a guarded visage. Underneath her prideful noble air, she has a rough northern spirit that doesn't mind picking fights with assholes in bars, but when it comes to serious situations, she is dominant, tactful and altruistic.

+ Training/sparring
+ Learning
+ Bettering herself

Dislikes:
+ Cruelty
+ Commotion
+ Harming others (unless they're being an asshole)
+ Deception

Strengths:
+ Loyal
+ Observant
+ Honorable
+ Level-headed

+ Altruistic

Weaknesses:
+ Prideful and sometimes arrogant
+ Has the capacity to be very cold, stubborn and uncompromising
+ Can have a short fuse in more private situations as she suppresses her emotions severely

Fears: Deceit and betrayal

Values: Loyalty, defending those who can't defend themselves, honor

Education: Taught to think strategically, but not well-versed in lore

Languages:
+ Common (fluent)
+ Elven (fluent)

General Attitude: Guarded, stern and neutral

Religious Inclination: It's messy... Moving to Crusade but still honors Rahas somewhat.

General Intelligence: Strategic mind, clever and observant

General Sociability: Not very approachable or good at small talk

Alignment: Lawful Good

Short Term Goals:
+ Join the Storm's Landing Guard Force

Long Term Goals:
+ Climb the ladder

<POSSESSIONS>

Wardrobe:
+ A set of plate armor with blue and gold decals.

+ An elegant white duelist's coat and shoulder cape with gold trim, and black pants, all over leather armor, with accompanying black gloves and boots. (What she wears formally)
+ Sleeveless chain armor over her torso and shoulders, and leather armor on her lower body, with leather boots and gloves. She dons a dark blue-grey cloak over it all, most of the time.
+ An elegant and rather revealing deep blue dress, with blue floral decor on her right arm and a false blue flower tucked behind her left ear. (Worn formally)

Jewelry: A ring on her left hand that bears a sapphire and an emerald upon it

Pets/Animals: None

Owned Homes: A house in Arget, owned with Leo

Carried Inventory: Just enough coin to get by on, as well as some basic medical supplies such as needle and thread and bandages, and hardtack, in a small leather bag she carries on her person.

General Inventory: Only what's mentioned above. She is a woman of simple means.

General Wealth: She has amassed a fairly sizeable amount of wealth to share with those who need it.

<HEALTH>

Illnesses: None

Allergies: None

Injuries: None

Sleeping Habits: Normal

Energy Levels: Average

Eating Habits: Average

Exercise Habits: Daily

Memory: Decent

Unhealthy Habits: Restraining her emotions more than she should.

Drinking Habits: The occasional sip of wine in public, drinks whiskey frequently in private.

<HISTORY>

Birthplace: A cold northern palace more akin to a prison, decorated in pelts and ornaments of battle and work, but no finery. This place was owned by her family of the nobility, and was the place of operations for her order.

Childhood: Raised and educated mainly by her parents and a few of their close friends within the order. She learned from an early age to hold to Rahas' Doctrine.

Teen Years: Learned the basics of swordplay while she did other work for her order. Her parents disappeared and she unexpectedly assumed command of the order, her dominant personality and her cunning quickly placing her above anyone else who tried to claim leadership.

Adulthood: She proved her mettle when she led the order into a surprise attack against a local tyrannical governor. She finds her parents' dead bodies in one of the cells as they went through the prisoners after the battle. She was later forced into exile by a group of conspirators within the order. She met Tybalt Marr who gave her a new sword to replace the seized cutlass that she used before.

Family History: People of self-made wealth and simple ways, they acquired what used to be an isolated mountain lookout fortress and turned it into their "palace". On the same day as their marriage, her parents founded their nameless, unstructured order dedicated to upholding Rahas' ideals.

Past Places of Residences: The Crossroads, Vinterhavn, Storm's Landing, Slyannen

Places Traveled: Azerport, The Compendium, Astrum Isles, The Rift, Mockingbay, Sanardu

<COMBAT>

Peaceful or violent: Violent when necessary

Weaponry:
+ A rapier, 2.2 lbs, 41-inch blade. A pendant of the Rahas symbol is wrapped around the crossguard. She only carries this when she's wearing her formal attire and for duels.
Kitrana rapier.png
+ A very well-made 2.8-lb, 36-inch-blade bastard sword bearing the Rahas Symbol and the crest of Marr. She keeps it visible on her side.

Combat Training: She practices regularly and seeks sparring partners constantly. She has honed her skills greatly and holds to a strong martial fighting style.

<TRAINING & SKILLS>

Medical: Basic knowledge

Singing: Fairly practiced. Singing voice sounds roughly like this.

Dancing: Being a skilled fighter, she has a natural affinity for dancing's footwork and positioning, and she is a quick learner, as well as she enjoys it quite a lot

<OTHER TRIVIA>

Favorite Types of Food: Gamey meat like venison and reindeer

Favorite Types of Drink: Tea

Hobbies/Pastimes: Training, walking/hiking, singing

Favorite Colors: Blue and blue-grey

<RELATIONSHIPS>

Relevant Family Members:
+ Laisa Dawnriver, her adopted daughter- "I'm proud of what you've become, and I will support you however I can in your future." (Samiwashere )

Romantic Interests:
+ Leofaren Venna- "Thank you for being so supportive of me in all of this. I couldn't be happier to be with you." (Shankster )

Trusted Friends:
+ Fronslin- "You have proven yourself to be of truly good heart and someone I can trust absolutely. Thank you for all that you've done." (Fronslin )
+ Ayda- "Despite all of our quarrels and however you may think of me, I still respect you for holding to your ideology and I know that I can put my trust in you." (Ayda )
+ Cassian- "You are more important to me than you could ever know. I cannot imagine raising Laisa alone and sometimes you are the only thing keeping me sane. You deserve your happiness." (Baron2537 )

Friendly With:
+ Mireille- "I hope to see you again soon."
(Bertie99R )

Loose Acquaintances:
+ Raedon- "You are Cassian's friend.... You seem to be benign, but I am naturally cautious of anybody Cassian was friends with before me, knowing who he is." (Portato )

+ Jackdaw- "I will help you and protect you as much as I can, but I don't like the path you're going down already... Revenge won't fix your brokenness." (ToastySpam )

Disfavored Individuals: None

Hated:
+ Andre- "Never speak to my daughter that way again... The next time you are so cowardly as to spit on my honor with lies behind my back, I will make you regret it." (UmbraSicarius )

Wary Of: "You must be pretty intimidating if you make it here."

Last edited:

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Legend
French_Roast
French_Roast
Legend
Claim 3/3

This is a rework of an older character of mine, I'm bringing her back. She's officially active but I may not actually start playing her until winter break, we'll see

Fronslin

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Fronslin
Fronslin
Mystic
I'd like to point out that Fronslin doesn't really adhere to any particular divine, he sees himself more as a servant to them, and wants them to remain where they are in their slots in the pantheon. He does have some dislikes though.

I didn't really have the words to explain this until now.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Legend
French_Roast
French_Roast
Legend
I'd like to point out that Fronslin doesn't really adhere to any particular divine, he sees himself more as a servant to them, and wants them to remain where they are in their slots in the pantheon. He does have some dislikes though.

I didn't really have the words to explain this until now.
ah. She still thinks of him as somewhat a follower of Rahas, just because of his positive comments about him.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Legend
French_Roast
French_Roast
Legend
Did some updates and this is a good time to do some writing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain danced on the roof of the inn above Kitrana softly. She sat on the foot of her bed, her chainmail removed and laying on the small table in the corner of the cramped room. Her longsword, the one that Tybalt had given her what felt like an eternity ago, was unsheathed and resting across her knee as she slowly, methodically ran the whetstone along the blade. A million thoughts were spinning around in her head. Laisa, Andre, Cassian, the opium gang- too much.

She shifted her gaze up towards the corner of the room. Next to the table, turned facing the wall, was the chair which Kitrana had made into a makeshift crib. Cradled in cloth and hidden from view, the infant girl was sleeping soundly. Laisa. The girl that someone less fortunate than her had abandoned at a shrine in the graveyard, likely because they could barely even feed themselves without a child to care for. Only now was it sinking in what this meant. She had never even considered having children before now, she had too much to do. The endless work. And yet this girl was a part of the endless work. Every bone in her body, every fiber of her being, her head and her heart screamed at her to care for the child and do everything she could to protect her. There was no other option. She could not entrust anyone else with her, not completely. The child was now, as far as she or anyone else was concerned, hers. Laisa Dawnriver.

And yet it terrified her. More than when she had fought a bear. More than when her order attacked and struck down the tyrant who killed her parents. More than any threat of what the drug dealers could do to her, the thought of doing wrong by this child terrified her. More than ever in her mind, there was no room for error, and yet she knew so little about this sort of thing. She also realized what this meant for her. If she was going to raise this child then she had to take care of herself as well, more than she had before. She could not become selfish and stop helping others, but she had to live. For her, she had to survive and be strong. The opium ring had killed Tavia, and threatened the people of the Landing, but if she was to care for Laisa then she could not fight the ring as much as she wanted to. She had to make a choice between her involvement in Laisa's upbringing and her dedication to fighting off the oppressors of the people of Storm's Landing.

And then there was Andre. Persistent, determined Andre. What was she supposed to tell him? She wasn't interested before and she was twice as uninterested now - things had become complicated enough without her trying to work with a romantic interest. She needed more space from him. She could not spare his feelings over her own need for space and independence. She would have to tell him how she felt and it was as simple as that.

She sighed tiredly, looking back down to the sword. She set aside the whetstone, taking a cloth and wiping down the blade carefully, then sliding it back into its sheath and setting it carefully beside the bed. She laid back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

For the first time in her life, she had to choose between the one and the many.

(Kamaoe )

Last edited:

Kamaoe

The Green One
Staff member
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Did some updates and this is a good time to do some writing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain danced on the roof of the inn above Kitrana softly. She sat on the foot of her bed, her chainmail removed and laying on the small table in the corner of the cramped room. Her longsword, the one that Tybalt had given her what felt like an eternity ago, was unsheathed and resting across her knee as she slowly, methodically ran the whetstone along the blade. A million thoughts were spinning around in her head. Laisa, Andre, Cassian, the opium gang- too much.

She shifted her gaze up towards the corner of the room. Next to the table, turned facing the wall, was the chair which Kitrana had made into a makeshift crib. Cradled in cloth and hidden from view, the infant girl was sleeping soundly. Laisa. The girl that someone less fortunate than her had abandoned at a shrine in the graveyard, likely because they could barely even feed themselves without a child to care for. Only now was it sinking in what this meant. She had never even considered having children before now, she had too much to do. The endless work. And yet this girl was a part of the endless work. Every bone in her body, every fiber of her being, her head and her heart screamed at her to care for the child and do everything she could to protect her. There was no other option. She could not entrust anyone else with her, not completely. The child was now, as far as she or anyone else was concerned, hers. Laisa Dawnriver.

And yet it terrified her. More than when she had fought a bear. More than when her order attacked and struck down the tyrant who killed her parents. More than any threat of what the drug dealers could do to her, the thought of doing wrong by this child terrified her. More than ever in her mind, there was no room for error, and yet she knew so little about this sort of thing. She also realized what this meant for her. If she was going to raise this child then she had to take care of herself as well, more than she had before. She could not become selfish and stop helping others, but she had to live. For her, she had to survive and be strong. The opium ring had killed Tavia, and threatened the people of the Landing, but if she was to care for Laisa then she could not fight the ring as much as she wanted to. She had to make a choice between her involvement in Laisa's upbringing and her dedication to fighting off the oppressors of the people of Storm's Landing.

And then there was Andre. Persistent, determined Andre. What was she supposed to tell him? She wasn't interested before and she was twice as uninterested now - things had become complicated enough without her trying to work with a romantic interest. She needed more space from him. She could not spare his feelings over her own need for space and independence. She would have to tell him how she felt and it was as simple as that.

She sighed tiredly, looking back down to the sword. She set aside the whetstone, taking a cloth and wiping down the blade carefully, then sliding it back into its sheath and setting it carefully beside the bed. She laid back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

For the first time in her life, she had to choose between the one and the many.

(Kamaoe )
That's some good writing. ;v;