Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

KittyTJ's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
KittyTJ
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
US... America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes. I made sure to read them through thoroughly and take notes so I hopefully don't mess up.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Using power phrases that inquire not allowing the other person/character a choice in what he/she does next is somewhat of what powergaming is.
Metagaming can be a couple different stuff but one thing is hearing something somewhere ooc and incorporating it so your player knows it, can be known as metagaming.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No...

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda (Asirel_Luik, Orderni)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I love to draw and do art on some levels but i prefer not to paint. I listen to music and go to school like a normal person. I like more depressing music on most occasions but sometimes i like to listen to more upbeat music to try and cheer myself up. I own 3 cats, i grew up with 6 though. i'v moved 3 times so far in my life. I plan on starting a YouTube channel soon... thats as far as i'm willing to go with my life, sorry.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I can't show them because i'm on a laptop currently and I don't really want to take the time to upload everything. plus it's kinda slow for me. sorry again

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found it on my own when I was searching minecraft medieval rp servers.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name: Hibiki Susuno

Character Age: 17

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Snow white hair that is soft and delicate to the touch but is thick and shiny, almost no frizz due to origins. Has one pinkish-purple eye that shows more, and one eye that is as red as a demons horn, this eye is covered though not completely as to not draw as much attention as she would without it covered. she is very thin yet strong and tough looking, she has a pale complexion. she's wearing a black undershirt with a loose green over shirt, with a brown medieval cape with sleeves with some buckles attached to it. there is a brown loop belt with some lighter brown pants that have some leather type straps draped across them, she also has some black boots with some loops over the front of them. and for an accessory she has a black long piece of fabric wrapped around one arm. She has a simple longbow as a weapon.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

her eyes (its a natural tint)

Her really long white hair (after dying it)

Her outfit (only the clothes)

Her bow

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)
Current Setting of the Server:

I grew up in a small ordinary town where everyone had to work or we wouldn't survive so I did not have any friends, I mean it...

My mother and father met while crossing into different towns for trade that was needed for both towns, this place where they were going was in the center of the two towns and was known for there trade system, even people from towns across the waters would come for trading. after a couple months of meeting up with each other my father proposed to mother and obviously she said yes to him, other wise I would not even be alive right now... anyway, they got married and had my older brother first. He was gentle as a child and took up training to be a guard at a town quite far away a little after I turned 6 and recognized what was going on at that time. He ended up moving there after he was done with training and became a guard at that town, this was on my 9th birthday.
He got married about 3 months after my birthday which was the same day that I started to be taught how to use a bow and arrow to defend myself, and to go hunt to catch food because my dad was going to live by my brother in another village... He didn't abandon us but it was harder living without him or my brother around but we were surviving steadily.

Me and my mother were happy, we spent our work time talking to each other as we did the garden, sewed, cleaned, etc.
sometimes we had to part though because I had to collect wood for the fire, and go hunting for meat though most of the time I couldn't get any because I was still learning, though over time I got better but my mother was getting weaker due to older age, but I was fine doing a lot of work around the house.
While I was doing the chores at home she would go out and teach some of the children how to sew, and read, while their families were working. My mother pretty much was a babysitter, or a teacher to the children to keep them at bay while everyone worked.

I learned how to do stuff quickly... I was a fast learner, though I kind of had to be at the time.

when I would finish doing stuff around the house, I would go around and help others with their needs so nothing bad would happen, It was peaceful, though I still didn't have any friends truly. They were more like acquaintances or helpers.
Sometimes I would go out to see how my mother was doing to see if she was alright which she was though because my hair was white after I dyed it at a younger age and kept it white, also the fact my eyes were a bright blue with a natural green tint in the darker areas. Though it wasn't all special because it could be found, just not in our village. The kids liked to watch me as I walked by, and sometimes I would let them braid my hair or put it up in some way, or even just brushing it while I talked with their family or my mother.
I was happy but I finally moved away after some time, with my mothers approval of course. I didn't move too far away though, it was just a town away just so I could still visit, though I did a lot of traveling and hunting to survive so I wasn't home as often...

In this town I hid my hair as mush as I possibly could along with my eyes so I would seem as normal as possible.

Well i'm 17 now just today and i'm starting to wonder if i'm supposed to start looking for a mate or something and I just don't know but I have a lot of work to do and no time to look but I don't care as much as most and I have to move around to much to look.

Well This is where our story begins, here and now...

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I would like to say first of all thank you for your application! However, there are a few things that need to be addressed before we can go forward.

✦ Your definitions of both metagaming and powergaming is incorrect. If you read the Kings Law again, it does direct you to the correct answer.
✦ Races, including elves, can't be "half breeds." As such, you would need to choose either silver or moor elf genetics for the character. By Genetics, I mean you would be picking the looks of one race or the other. Moor elf, or Silver elf.
✦ Your character appearance section seems to be incomplete, as if you stopped typing?
✦ Red is not an acceptable eye color for Moor nor Silver elves, while your other eye color is limited to Moor elves only.
✦ Typically genetic mutations such as Heterochromia, or having eyes that are two different colors, need to be cleared by a Lore Staff member. Should you wish to do this, with the appropriate eye colors, then I would suggest messaging Niah or some from the Lore Staff.
✦ The story contains multiple cliches or common story tropes. We are interested in seeing your creative side, and would rather not see the same old story elements, so cliches are frowned upon. Cliches include:
✦ Parents murdered or killed
✦ Home attacked or destroyed
✦ Abandoned as a baby by royalty or otherwise
✦ Enslaved as a child
✦ Raised by animals
✦ Character is seeking revenge for various wrong-doings, some presented above
I would start by going back over the Kings Law and Official Lore, as most of these problems are covered in those pages.

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
oops, I wrote the appearance part but I guess my laptop decided it would not work at that moment and I understand completely on it and will do my best on changing it however I have some concerns like there aren't enough races, I kinda want to be unique but in those categories as well, i'm sorry If I sound needy or something I just would like to see some differences between others... well I will start working and plz let me know of anything, I just though that it could use some work in those areas.

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
if you feel I should not start with a bow/ weapon then plz just forget I just typed that in as what I have with me at that moment, because either way I do plan on getting one. btw I did not draw those pictures and I couldn't post my minecraft skin so I just did that so you could see more of what I looked like.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
I hate that I'm taking such a long time to get back to you. I've been sick with the flu, so I appreciate your patience.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
At the request of the lovely Ayda, I am going to jump in to help you along with your application. Reading through your application, as well as the comments below, leaves me to believe that you have done a great deal to improve your application. For this, I congratulate you and assure you that you are close to having it all right. That being said however, there are a number of things that you either did not get to, or did not find fault with. The following will need to be addressed:
  • Your character still has heterochromia (two different eye colors) which as Ayda told you, is not something we really like to see in applications. It honestly falls into the cliche realm of character traits.
  • Purple eyes are only natural for moor elves, and red eyes are not natural for any race. Your character is human, and therefore couldn't have those eye colors.
  • White hair (while possible in humans even at young age) is typically only found in moor elves and silver elves. Venturing outside of this norm borders on being cliche, in the same way heterochromia does. I would prefer if you either change the race of your character to something more appropriate, or change the hair color.
This list, as compared to the one above, is significantly simpler which is only evident that you've made good progress. Your story is pretty good, which seems to be where most of the work went in. I'd like to remind you of just a few last things about your story though (and these are not flaws, just things to think about) skills and gear acquired via backstory can only be novice level. No mastering skills or getting high quality weapons or armor. Also, remember to change the description of your character in the story as you make changes. Now, once you've made the proper amendments and are ready for me to take another look at your application, message here and I will do so. Thank you for being so patient, and for continuing to work with us!

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
At the request of the lovely Ayda, I am going to jump in to help you along with your application. Reading through your application, as well as the comments below, leaves me to believe that you have done a great deal to improve your application. For this, I congratulate you and assure you that you are close to having it all right. That being said however, there are a number of things that you either did not get to, or did not find fault with. The following will need to be addressed:
  • Your character still has heterochromia (two different eye colors) which as Ayda told you, is not something we really like to see in applications. It honestly falls into the cliche realm of character traits.
  • Purple eyes are only natural for moor elves, and red eyes are not natural for any race. Your character is human, and therefore couldn't have those eye colors.
  • White hair (while possible in humans even at young age) is typically only found in moor elves and silver elves. Venturing outside of this norm borders on being cliche, in the same way heterochromia does. I would prefer if you either change the race of your character to something more appropriate, or change the hair color.
This list, as compared to the one above, is significantly simpler which is only evident that you've made good progress. Your story is pretty good, which seems to be where most of the work went in. I'd like to remind you of just a few last things about your story though (and these are not flaws, just things to think about) skills and gear acquired via backstory can only be novice level. No mastering skills or getting high quality weapons or armor. Also, remember to change the description of your character in the story as you make changes. Now, once you've made the proper amendments and are ready for me to take another look at your application, message here and I will do so. Thank you for being so patient, and for continuing to work with us!
while I would normally be ok with that, thats actually a prolem because all of my minecraft skins have white hair though I have a skin that will get rid of heterochromia it will still have red eyes, and while we are going through this. red eyes are a natural color and they can be caused naturally as well. I'm sorry if I may be being rude but if you have so many problems with the looks you wont get many people and i'm trying so hard to make the cut but I fell as though it will never be enough

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
If it is ok with you, what if I changed my hair to black though through time I dyed it white to make myself seem different to others. also is it ok if I keep my eyes as just red so no heterochromia. this way I can keep my skin, just changing the story of her past a little as to compromise with each other.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Don't worry, you're not being rude by voicing your concerns. As I am sure you are aware from reading our lore, we do have guidelines on how our characters can reasonably be presented. The purpose of having this lore is to create a more cohesive and legitimate feeling environment for players, which means it's important that our players try their best to stay within it. Modern elements, or elements from sci-fi, steampunk, or other non-related fantasy genres are therefore forbidden. Of course, the appearance of your character does not exclusively fall under these genres, but it is lore-breaking all the same.

I'm sorry that you feel that by being strict with our rules regarding lore, we are being abrasive to new players. We don't intend to make you feel inadequate, and in fact only want to prepare you to participate in our community. It's not my aim to reprimand you or to be condescending, but with that being said, I hope you understand that I can not haggle with you about what needs to change in your application. I must hold you to the same standard that all of our players are held to. I suggest that you either edit the skin you wish to use yourself it make it suitable, or search for a replacement on Planet Minecraft.

Thank you for your understanding!

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
hmm... very well, thank you for explaining though you still however didn't answer one of my questions completely. can I have my hair originally black but dye it white, i'm just wondering because in medieval times they sometimes dyed their hair to hide their identity from others, or is it strictly prohibited no matter what?

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
You can have dyed hair, yes, just be reasonable. White, black, blonde, or otherwise is fine, but green, purple, or pink would be considered very abnormal.

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
You can have dyed hair, yes, just be reasonable. White, black, blonde, or otherwise is fine, but green, purple, or pink would be considered very abnormal.
thank you very much for the reply for the question and i'm very sorry that took awhile, my laptop was being a derp for some reason again, and its being a little slow but I will have it done soon. =^-^=

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
I think I got it this time and if you still find something wrong please let me know, but if it is just some grammar than I apologize for that because my grammar was never all that good to begin with along with my spelling, I couldn't really spell for my life but thank you for having so much patience with me. I know I can be hard a lot of the time but still, thanks. :D also sorry if I get back to you at weird times, I have mountain time and I live in Utah though that's the only info I will give as I don't want anything to happen.

Last edited:

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
I think I am done now completely, my minecraft skin is as closely related to everything as possible as well... also again, i'm sorry about not being able to show my minecraft skin, my laptop lags a lot and is kinda mean to me because sometimes it will work and other times it won't so I am sorry.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.
What if it was a one i'm thing because you had a different texture pack on and forgot to remove it... If that happens to me at any point in time i will let you know and let you see fit for punishment... Thanks :p

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
What if it was a one i'm thing because you had a different texture pack on and forgot to remove it... If that happens to me at any point in time i will let you know and let you see fit for punishment... Thanks :p
As long as you don't use your x-ray pack to profit off of finding resources. Even if it's a one off thing, you'll get in trouble. It's OK if you have it on by accident or something, just don't use it to mine and you'll be fine.

Hibiki_Susuno

Villager
As long as you don't use your x-ray pack to profit off of finding resources. Even if it's a one off thing, you'll get in trouble. It's OK if you have it on by accident or something, just don't use it to mine and you'll be fine.
Ok, thanks, also as soon as I got to the tailor I wasn't able to talk to him and i'm not sure why, he doesn't say anything and it says that there are no quests available and I already talked to the dude at the docks so I don't understand whats going on anymore :(