Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Krieger- Application [Approved-Ayda]

Krieger

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username? Triceraflops

2. How old are you? 28

3. What country are you from?
United States, Massachusetts

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet? I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is a form of cheating, either talking out of character or using outside information that your character wouldn't otherwise know in game.

Powergaming is when a player implements imaginary friends, followers, or aide that should not exist. Powergaming is also when a player uses "power" phrases that would allow them to put their foe at a disadvantage (i.e. telling their player they are now disarmed and cannot use their weapon).

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors. 223hero7

8. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I can write, I'm a journalist by trade in real life, but must admit I've only begun getting into the RP aspect of Minecraft, so I may not be as interesting at the start for I am still learning.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I googled medieval RP minecraft serers

Character Name:
Balian Ven

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Tall, 6'2". Dark brown disheveled hair, slightly tan in skin tone. Worn boots and trousers, and an open tunic that allows airflow to cool my body down when I am exerting power, such as to cut down a tree or slaying a giant spider.

Written Test!
Balian is a young human male and a very tall one at that. His strength matches his size however one will not see him constantly engaged in combat. Despite his stature, Balian uses his skill of woodcutting, farming, and even designing banners for Lords and villagers alike.

He is generally a calm man, but recent skeleton populations have grown and trample his small crops when hes asleep. His scarecrow that dons a skeleton head has unfortunately not scared any of them away, but likely has brought them closer. There is a long history of Balian versus skeletons, and there is no end in sight.

Balian has previously been in a lord's company, fighting in several engagements in a drawn out war. After the fighting ended, he was left with several scars; a small one upon his face, and two larger ones on his back, and right forearm. He does not normally talk about his experiences on the battlefield, but after an ale or twenty, anything is possible.

When he's at home, one can find Balian finding harmony by keeping himself busy in one of the aforementioned skills. He reads quite a bit, and frequents local bookstores in search of sage wisdom that authors have written in years past.

Balian has also spend a few year on the sea, helping captains load cargo on and off the ships in trade ports across the world. He's even had to fight off pirates and giant squids here and there. Today, if Balian is seen on the water, hes likely fishing or enjoying a trip down the river.

Balian is respectful of his neighbors, often lending a hand and acquiring resources in their own endeavors. He believes that a strong community is the heart of a kingdom. Balian's home is a traditional dwelling one would see in any village, but there are certainly an odd amount of books Balian has collected, reading each one cover to cover.

Neighbors are welcome to stop by Balian's house and help themselves to fresh meats, vegetables, and bread whenever they like. Balian cannot operate on an empty stomach, so he ensures no one else must endure without a heart meal as well.

He will make an excellent neighbor, villager, and loyal guardsmen if called upon. He is excited to join a new community and rebuild his life and start a legacy among new friends and family.

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!

✦ Your definition of powegaming is incorrect. Please look at { this thread } and try again. I only ask so that we can be sure that you aware of what we are looking for
✦ Your description of your character claims that he's 6'7" tall, but our lore states that humans are only capable of reaching 6'2". You will need to scale this back to be inside of lore standards.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!
I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.