Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lagasafnið

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Writing an Old Norse type culture which has, among other characteristics, a high adherence and mythological reverence for their body of law. This law is a living document and regularly amended and updated as new disputes come before the Lawspeaker, the democratically elected judicator of the Law.

So to kickstart the body of the Law, I'd like people to ask questions of various criminal and civil matters.

e.g. the punishment for theft, murder, etc. Position on property rights, slavery, contracts, etc. Whatever comes to mind.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Punishment for theft

Punishment for kidnapping

Punishment for murder

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
If someone rides my horse to battle / uses my sword / borrows my shield and it gets damaged, how do I get justified on not returning the loan?

What happens to someone who agreed on a price for a product, but after I make the product, he's not willing to pay the agreed amount?

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
Why not use ancient Norse rules?
Murder is okay: if it's not because you were jealous.
Murder is okay: if it's not your family.
Murder is okay: if it isn't because you're a sore loser.
Everything else is okay, but you may get murdered if you get caught.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Why not use ancient Norse rules?
Murder is okay: if it's not because you were jealous.
Murder is okay: if it's not your family.
Murder is okay: if it isn't because you're a sore loser.
Everything else is okay, but you may get murdered if you get caught.
That's a starting point but frankly uninteresting for RP. I'm coming at it with an angle of reparations for offenses, being that the culture is highly focused on outward status and communal wealth. Crime decreases both of those for everyone involved and so corrections must be of a repairing nature.

Questions so far are real good stuff though. Angles in criminal, civil, property, contracts.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Serve in other countries and then escape your contract with them when you hear the throne of Norway is empty.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'm a foreigner, what is my status by law? Am I protected or the opposite?

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I always like the notion of weregild. Blood revenge would also be interesting.

The focus of the first being on justice through fines, the second of reconciliation between families for shed blood.